I am sick of hearing about how our coaching sucks....

For your information, Dean constantly insults me with his smoldering gaze and pontificationalizing pontifiveness, but do I let it bother me?

Yes, I do.

Point being, if I can still enjoy posting under the crushing weight of the disapproval of faceless strangers, so can you. And SKOOBY desreves it which is why I am siding with hi. He is always the underdog which I admire. He is right, Dick Jauron and the coaching staff suck.

:thumbsup:

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
I think the next SKOOBY pointless thread should be the over/under on dog's age.

Nawww, Deans IQ/ closet secrets would be better :thumbsup:

I don't think anyone is saying Jauron is or will be Bellicheck or do what he's done,

but I do think the Cleveland/Bellicheck argument is valid as far as saying someone might still

have success even if his career started off slow...I'm not saying Jauron is one of the best

coaches in the league but I hate the "The truth is he just sucks" or "Once a loser always

a loser" arguments because it precludes the fact that talent has anything to do with a

team's record or that a person can learn, grow, and get better no matter how old he is.

Jauron's and Bellicheck's record with their first teams (in 5 seasons each) is almost

identical and Bellicheck's winning percentage after 6 years as a head coach was 42.7%.

I'm sure people were saying "Once a loser always a loser". Then Brady took over as QB

and they go on an amazing run. I'm not saying its all due to Brady (and not the coaching)

but it sure hasn't hurt Bellicheck and his record either. I'm willing to go into this season

optimistic and giving Jauron another chance now that he has more talent to work with and

if the team tanks, no doubt he will be fired, so let's give him one more chance.

Bill Bellicheck

5 years in Cleveland 36-44 45% winning pct (1 winning season)

1991 6-10

1992 7-9

1993 7-9

1994 11-5

1995 5-11

1st year in New England 5-11

Then Tom Brady took over the team and they have had

8 winning seasons and the 3 *SBs (obviously last year's

winning record can't be due to Brady, though)

Dick Jauron

5 years in Chicago 35-45 43.75% winning pct (1 winning season)

1999 6-10

2000 5-11

2001 13-3

2002 4-12

2003 7-9

Jauron's detractors count the 5 games as interim coach as a full season of

coaching for Jauron, but please it was Detroit and he was only interim coach

I don't see as how you can really pin that 1-4 on him at that point.

3 years in Buffalo, three 7-9 seasons

So Bellicheck had 1 good season in 6 years as head coach and then broke out

in his 7th season (the season Brady started)

Jauron has had 1 good season in 8 years as head coach. Can he break out this year?

Here's hoping.

Go Bills!

Guest dog14787
I'll take 12. :thumbsup:

I threw a pic up fresh of the press to help you guess and as you see I'm feeling a little ticked off, but I'm not telling you if you are right or wrong on my age.

So take a good look at my face

You know my smile looks out of place

If you look closer it's easy to trace

The tracks of my tears

I threw a pic up fresh of the press to help you guess and as you see I'm feeling a little ticked off, but I'm not telling you if you are right or wrong on my age.

So take a good look at my face

You know my smile looks out of place

If you look closer it's easy to trace

The tracks of my tears

Hmmm...still not sure about the age, but you're definitely gay.

Guest dog14787
Hmmm...still not sure about the age, but you're definitely gay.

Sorry to disappoint you, but you're definitely gay for thinking I'm gay :thumbsup:

Man, lately i have to say i am quite impressed (shocked, annoyed, frustrated) as to how quickly threads have been de-railing on here. Usually it seems to take awhile but within 2 pages it is a disturbing trend, I am thinking the number of quality posters is decreasing, and SKOOBY starts a new thread every other day about whatever he wants, but it really makes it difficult to read the stuff on the board because of all the "but he calls me names, stop picking on me, there's a mob and a secret club and I'm not in it.... Some people on here need to develop thicker skin and just get over it. Let's be honest, it's a Bills message board, if you really care that much about what people say about you on here, then you need to seek help and develop thicker skin. It's the interwebs people......... :wallbash:

\rant off

oh and Jauron sucks and needs to be gone, and he can take Perry and Turk with him :thumbsup:

I try to avoid chasing everyone's little tiff they bestow on me. I am a Bills fan and here by choice. If you have a problem with how I write or the topics I post, avoid them. I personally think that Dean is a genius in his own right and deserves a certain level of latitude in what he chooses to write. He posts up solid writing and never waivers from his opinion. I just wish he and some others would realize that not everyone shares his view and stuffing them in a box instantly for being here is bullying.

I personally have thicker skin and can take the abuse but I do appreciate Dog and those who see who I am, a fan of our Bills team. Attacking a fan of the same team you like kinda makes you a bit of douche, don't ya think?

We have a bunch of Bills haters in the press talking about nothing. We had a great draft, revamped our O-line and picked up the highest producing WR over the past 3 years. Dallas didn't win any SB with T.O. either but they can buy anyone they want and we have their best offensive weapon now. Stroud was a weapon last year, POZ our highest producing tackler, we now have a new great first stepper in Maybin and have a few healthy people coming back.

I attribute all of this to our current coaching staff and give 0 credit outside of it. I see bigger things for us this year and the light will finally shine on Buffalo instead of the usual suspects. DJ, Russ and crew get this season to put it all together, they have my support, the bigger question is do they have yours?

Dear Skooby,

Please kill yourself.

Signed,

Everyone

Man, lately i have to say i am quite impressed (shocked, annoyed, frustrated) as to how quickly threads have been de-railing on here. Usually it seems to take awhile but within 2 pages it is a disturbing trend, I am thinking the number of quality posters is decreasing, and SKOOBY starts a new thread every other day about whatever he wants, but it really makes it difficult to read the stuff on the board because of all the "but he calls me names, stop picking on me, there's a mob and a secret club and I'm not in it.... Some people on here need to develop thicker skin and just get over it. Let's be honest, it's a Bills message board, if you really care that much about what people say about you on here, then you need to seek help and develop thicker skin. It's the interwebs people......... :unsure:

\rant off

oh and Jauron sucks and needs to be gone, and he can take Perry and Turk with him :censored:

You're wrong. I've been here a long time and this board has never been this nasty. Personal attacks were very rare here and now, not only do they come in every thread, they come on the first page. It used to be that vicious, passionate and fervent attacks on opinions was the norm (as it should be). Now it has become like kindergarden here with the constant name calling by the same members day after day. It's embarrassing what this once proud board has become.

You're wrong. I've been here a long time and this board has never been this nasty. Personal attacks were very rare here and now, not only do they come in every thread, they come on the first page. It used to be that vicious, passionate and fervent attacks on opinions was the norm (as it should be). Now it has become like kindergarden here with the constant name calling by the same members day after day. It's embarrassing what this once proud board has become.

It's the same people as well and by trying to be the bigger person and ignore them, you get called out that you aren't defending yourself. I have no intent to feed these childish games or get sucked into little retorts. The po po here needs to recognize these folks and knock them to the curb.