Bills owner Wilson won't yet consider adding Toronto games

GROSSE POINTE SHORES, Mich. (AP) — Buffalo Bills owner Ralph Wilson is in no hurry to have his team play more than one regular-season game in Toronto.

Wilson told the Associated Press on Sunday he'd prefer waiting "two or three years" to determine whether the northern experiment is a success before he'd consider reworking the contract reached last year with Toronto-based Rogers Communications.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nf...n-toronto_N.htm

And that's a big F U to Rogers Communications

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankee.

"I could see why people think that this is just the first step of moving the team. But they don't realize how difficult it is to compete against the Cowboys and all these new stadiums."

Ralph knew that unshared revenue would be the bane of small-market teams like the Bills, but nobody wanted to listen when they voted on the 2006 CBA.

So how was your trip, if I may ask?

Thankee.

Ralph knew that unshared revenue would be the bane of small-market teams like the Bills, but nobody wanted to listen when they voted on the 2006 CBA.

But it brought labor peace...[/stupidramblingsofMr.WEO]

GROSSE POINTE SHORES, Mich. (AP) — Buffalo Bills owner Ralph Wilson is in no hurry to have his team play more than one regular-season game in Toronto.

Wilson told the Associated Press on Sunday he'd prefer waiting "two or three years" to determine whether the northern experiment is a success before he'd consider reworking the contract reached last year with Toronto-based Rogers Communications.

Ralph is a lot more optimistic about his longevity than a lot of people on this board

this is bull sh--. Ralph Wilson is just trying to keep us Bills fans from freaking out... It wont be long till the Toronto Bills start playing a 16 game season

If that happens I will not be a Bills fan anymore. c'mon does toronto really care about the Bills like Buffalo does? Not a chance-

Besides, the Bills somehow sold 54,000 season tix so far(3rd most in team history I think), not gonna happen in Toronto.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nf...n-toronto_N.htm

And that's a big F U to Rogers Communications

I'm reminded of the line from "Monty Python and the Holy Grail":

"Um, I'm not dead yet......"

"Madison Avenue Man" - Greg Kihn Band

How is it bull? This is good news.

your right it is very good news.. But what about long term. How is the economy of Buffalo and Ralph Wilson going to be able to keep this team here. Jim kelly has been jerking the Buffalo people of Buffalo by telling us " I got people." What people Jim. If you have people you need to tell us who they are so we can stop worring. But of course the reason why he wont tell the people of buffalo who the potential ownwers are is because he dosent have anything. And I love how ralph wilson keeps beating around the bush with his stupid comments. Why don they just move the team now instead of waiting another five years.. The thing is I can see the day when I wake up and at the bottom of espn it says " Bills relocate to Toronto". So do us all a favor Ralph and Jim shut the !@#$ up and just give us the truth instead of making false promises.

your right it is very good news.. But what about long term. How is the economy of Buffalo and Ralph Wilson going to be able to keep this team here. Jim kelly has been jerking the Buffalo people of Buffalo by telling us " I got people." What people Jim. If you have people you need to tell us who they are so we can stop worring. But of course the reason why he wont tell the people of buffalo who the potential ownwers are is because he dosent have anything. And I love how ralph wilson keeps beating around the bush with his stupid comments. Why don they just move the team now instead of waiting another five years.. The thing is I can see the day when I wake up and at the bottom of espn it says " Bills relocate to Toronto". So do us all a favor Ralph and Jim shut the !@#$ up and just give us the truth instead of making false promises.

Your passion is commendable.

I don't know if Kelly has an ace up his sleeve, or whether he's blowing smoke up 10,000,000 collective rectae, including yours and mine. My guess, and it's only a guess, is that someone with Kelly's ego, drive and passion isn't going to have mouthed off as much as he's mouthed off without having one or two bullets in the gun. Who knows? Perhaps he needs three or four bullets in the gun, and as such perhaps should have kept his mouth shut.

But in matters like this, the LAST thing he's going to do - and, quite frankly, the last thing I'D do - is give someone like you, me, or anyone else on this board ANY inkling of what I planned to do simply so that Jax Bill Backer can sleep a little better at night. Believe me, your angst and insomnia is YOUR problem, not his. Fasten your seat belt, enjoy the ride, and wish Mr. Kelly all the best. The karma you bring may keep the Bills in Buffalo.

"Digging in the dirt" - Peter Gabriel

this is bull sh--. Ralph Wilson is just trying to keep us Bills fans from freaking out... It wont be long till the Toronto Bills start playing a 16 game season

no big deal. just like watching your wife have sex on tv with the next door neighbor.