T.O. Found a Home!

So The Queen manages to find a house in BuffTown (several, in fact) - the Fking Queen of England (!!!) - yet that attention-starved, mentally-arrested, 36-year-old adolescent can't find a place to 'hang his hat' for the next 6 months??? :doh:

link

Last I heard, the Canadian Consul General plans to live in Buffalo beyond next year and doesn't have a reality TV show...

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last I heard, the Canadian Consul General plans to live in Buffalo beyond next year and doesn't have a reality TV show...

Come on, tell the truth - you heard nothing of the sort. You're just making it up.

(Actually, I heard Stephen Brereton is a career diplomat - most of his stints lasting about 2 years - so I would not be at all surprised if he didn't live in BuffTown beyond next year, and wishes he had his own reality show. :doh: )

i deleted my last post because i've decided i stated my case several times earlier and Mr. WEO has failed to respond, instead, choosing to continue questioning my objectivity while going on with his incessant name-calling.

jw

I responded point by point and called you no names (??).

I asked you how you square the factual record of TO until he arrived in Buffalo with your opinion of him based on your interviews. Or how he can credibly claim that he is upset that his privacy has been violated (asked you this twice).

No reponse indeed.

I have no doubt that TO is not evil and can be a very charming man. I'm sure reporters in Philly and Dallas felt exactly the same way when he first rolled into town.

I responded point by point and called you no names (??).

sorry, should've made myself more clear about the name-calling. i was referring to Lynch and Owens. there's no fun in responding to someone with their mind so made up who thinks it unfortunate that Owens is not a pariah and that Lynch is a complete moron, and then also questions my reputation as an objective journalist because i believe in providing someone the benefit of the doubt when i meet and deal with them.

jw

Umm .. wow. I miss all the fun.

When Mr. Owens, Mr. Wawrow, and the VH1 camera crew went on their house-hunting trip, T.O. knew he was onstage. Same with the Twitter account; hell, one of the Buffalo TV stations is running a feed of his tweets on their Web site. Situps in the driveway, tearful interviews, et cetera, et cetera -- all part of a very public persona.

But considering that he was in California when his real-estate agent -- who he claims agreed to keep the deal confidential -- apparently called up every media outlet listed in the Buffalo phone book to arrange tours of the place without his permission, honestly, can you blame the guy for getting a little bent about this?

Apparently, some of you can. Eh, whatever.

When TO sits down with a reporter and the reporter walks back to his computer simply to write, based on his "personal experience", that TO is just a nice guy---without reference to or analysis of all that is known, then TO is working the media. There's nothing wrong with it. It's what he does and he's done it well--yet it hasn't prevented him from becoming a pariah in the League, unfortunately.

A journalist reporting that an interview subject is a nice guy, is totally irrelevant to the objectivity of said journalist. Media whores usually are very nice people. That's how they get to be that way.

A journalist reporting that an interview subject is a nice guy, is totally irrelevant to the objectivity of said journalist. Media whores usually are very nice people. That's how they get to be that way.

not entirely true. i've dealt with some very publicity happy athletes (names withheld) whom i found to be people that i didn't like. and i hope you couldn't guess which ones i'm referring to based on what i've written.

jw

When TO sits down with a reporter and the reporter walks back to his computer simply to write, based on his "personal experience", that TO is just a nice guy---without reference to or analysis of all that is known, then TO is working the media. There's nothing wrong with it. It's what he does and he's done it well--yet it hasn't prevented him from becoming a pariah in the League, unfortunately.

The irony of this paragraph is that you've never met the man and obviously formed your opinion SOLELY based on what the media has reported to you. And for you, all you care to know is "he destroys teams." But you're convinced that they've portrayed him 100% accurately, right?

And while he's admittedly a media whore, he's never had any off-field incidents and is a great player on it. Yet players like Lynch and Hardy deserve your scorn for their off-field indiscretions, and Lynch is a great player on the field. Curious.

No....under. WAAAAAYYYYYY under. Not only irritating as all hell, but truly one of the stupidest videos ever posted on TSW.

Bah, videos. These kids and their technology. What happened to the days when people just posted stupid pictures?

No....under. WAAAAAYYYYYY under. Not only irritating as all hell, but truly one of the stupidest videos ever posted on TSW.

Actually Sen, it was directed at people like you, who think that TO is a "criminal," or even a "cancer." The part where they interview TO after a loss and ask him whether Tony Romo has to play better and he says "well, we all have to play better," while the voice-over is saying "Don't kill the team! Don't kill the team!" is priceless!

Now I know it doesn't have the professional look of say, taking a Hollywood-produced film with actors speaking a foreign language and putting-in funny subtitles (and repeating the schtick every few years, as it jumped the shark when it was about Bledsoe going to the Bills), but the effort to cull together video footage, images, and parody the lyrics was noteworthy. And I know the rap music throws a lot of people off.

I think it will be my version of the Peter Pan guy. Or that lame "you got Rick Rolled" thing.

Actually Sen, it was directed at people like you, who think that TO is a "criminal," or even a "cancer." The part where they interview TO after a loss and ask him whether Tony Romo has to play better and he says "well, we all have to play better," while the voice-over is saying "Don't kill the team! Don't kill the team!" is priceless!

Now I know it doesn't have the professional look of say, taking a Hollywood-produced film with actors speaking a foreign language and putting-in funny subtitles (and repeating the schtick every few years, as it jumped the shark when it was about Bledsoe going to the Bills), but the effort to cull together video footage, images, and parody the lyrics was noteworthy. And I know the rap music throws a lot of people off.

I think it will be my version of the Peter Pan guy. Or that lame "you got Rick Rolled" thing.

i liked the quick picture of Jessica Simpson. that was nice.

jw

ADD: great, Mr. WEO's going to have an issue with that, now.

Actually, VOR, I know it was directed at me, or 'people like me'. Like I said, it didn't go over anyone's head - it was far too imbecilic for that. Also had a very juvenile quality, particularly at the outset, which it why I think caused me and others to find it so repugnant. Maybe if it was even slightly more tolerable I would have made it to the Jessica Simpson part.

Problem is, I never said T.O was a "criminal", or a "cancer". I'm actually quite happy that Buffalo signed him. I do plead 100% guilty to calling him an "attention-starved, mentally-arrested, 36-year-old adolescent". Those words do not imply criminal behavior, do they? I didn't accuse him of being a problem in the locker room, did I?

Like I said - I'm glad he's a Buffalo Bill. I expect great things from him on the field. I just find his need - particularly off the field - to constantly be in the spotlight and draw attention to himself more than a bit narcissistic and immature.

sorry, should've made myself more clear about the name-calling. i was referring to Lynch and Owens. there's no fun in responding to someone with their mind so made up who thinks it unfortunate that Owens is not a pariah and that Lynch is a complete moron, and then also questions my reputation as an objective journalist because i believe in providing someone the benefit of the doubt when i meet and deal with them.

jw

How can you not conclude, objectively, that Lynch is not a moron (pick a different descriptor if you need to)? See, this is my point. You (and so might I, in fact) may sit down with Marshawn and afterwards say: "he's actually a really nice kid". But that assessment does not disprove that he is a moron. His actions have proven this. He has willingly placed his livelihood, his freedom, his team and his fans hopes at risk.

Again, I do not doubt that TO may be a very nice guy in those moments when he steps away from the cameras. But his public behavior (and it seems it is all for public consumption with this guy) is just not normal--even for a star professional athlete in America.

If you disagree that TO is accurately portrayed as a pariah based on his own words and behavior, than I'm not sure how you are being objective. If I found TO pleasant in person, that subjective assessment would not change the conclusions about him I had already made based on historical facts. He has berated and belittled his teammates, his coaches, he has spit in an opponent's face, he has made numerous claims that he was not properly respected or celebrated by whoever his current team was, he has disrespected opposing teams on the field purely for his own edification, he has done almost anything to get attention--including the bizarre driveway workout and the even more bizarre "non suicide attempt". You know all this, yet I just don't see where it finds it's way into your posts to balance your impression of him based on personal interaction. Have we all just misunderstood TO?

Umm .. wow. I miss all the fun.

When Mr. Owens, Mr. Wawrow, and the VH1 camera crew went on their house-hunting trip, T.O. knew he was onstage. Same with the Twitter account; hell, one of the Buffalo TV stations is running a feed of his tweets on their Web site. Situps in the driveway, tearful interviews, et cetera, et cetera -- all part of a very public persona.

But considering that he was in California when his real-estate agent -- who he claims agreed to keep the deal confidential -- apparently called up every media outlet listed in the Buffalo phone book to arrange tours of the place without his permission, honestly, can you blame the guy for getting a little bent about this?

I've made it clear that I simply don't believe what he claims. There is no logic to it. He has made a circus of the whole endevour and everyone will know where he lives as soon as he moves in (he'll tweet us!), wherever that is. And cameras will certainly be in his home.

What I don't understand is why two journalists would not be more skeptical of TO's crying "foul" on his landlord here--you know, that he gave her explicit instructions to keep the deal "confidential". It's really not that much of a stretch, is it? You balance all the self-crafted drama with this house stuff so far against "he is a nice guy in person" and the nice guy gets the benefit of the doubt?

Well, then. Amen to Mr. TO's righteous indignation, I guess. But in the end, he is an entertainer--and he knows this, so none of this is very significant in the grand scheme of things.

Just something to argue about until he starts catching TDs.

Actually, VOR, I know it was directed at me, or 'people like me'. Like I said, it didn't go over anyone's head - it was far too imbecilic for that. Also had a very juvenile quality, particularly at the outset, which it why I think caused me and others to find it so repugnant. Maybe if it was even slightly more tolerable I would have made it to the Jessica Simpson part.

Problem is, I never said T.O was a "criminal", or a "cancer". I'm actually quite happy that Buffalo signed him. I do plead 100% guilty to calling him an "attention-starved, mentally-arrested, 36-year-old adolescent". Those words do not imply criminal behavior, do they? I didn't accuse him of being a problem in the locker room, did I?

Like I said - I'm glad he's a Buffalo Bill. I expect great things from him on the field. I just find his need - particularly off the field - to constantly be in the spotlight and draw attention to himself more than a bit narcissistic and immature.

Can't argue with that assessment. Except he's 35.