The Bills , the reality,and the sheep that follow

The fact that the Bills suck doesn't bother me. I have been a Bills true fan for years and years and have suffered endless years of frustration. What bothers me is that people BUY TIK"S, when the could talk with their wallets. Why should that loser Wilson do anything when he's rewarded for his incompentence? Years ago, in the mid 80's , the Bills sold 30K seats for a game , Wilson bitched but brought in Polian and the rest is history. We don't even have a football GM now, I think we're the only team to hold that honor.

This team blows, are offense now has a 34 year old train wreck as a wide reciever as its marquee guy. We has an "O" line in shambles with rookies galore and other guys playing new positions. Our QB is very unproven with an average arm and a history of injury. Our 1st pick was selected about 15 picks too early and better suited for a team that can afford a luxury of a one down guy at best.

The problem is all the sheep that follow. So call me anything you want, but your not helping.

This obviously bothers you a lot. I would recommend not following the Bills and maybe take a break from football.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brought in Polian? Sorry, Polian was here for both of the Kay Stephenson fiasco seasons. RW 'promoted' Polian after the second of those 2-14 seasons. Another stroke of luck was the demise of the USFL which freed up Kelly and Hull. But the best thing Polian did as a new GM was fire Bullough halfway though the '86 season and replace him with Marv. THEN we can say the rest is history.

You act as if having a fan base willing to support a team during losing seasons is a bad thing. You've got a lot to learn.

GO BILLS!!!

The bottom line is RW payed to get Polian in house.

Supporting a poor team is fine (I'm also a Cleveland Indians fan), however rewarding an organization that maintains Jauron, maintains a substandard scouting staff, and refuses to spend the money necessary is wrong. The money "undercap" that we achieve goes to RW's pocket. This isn't right because The CBA in the NFL, pays for salaries. This money comes from TV revenue that is split equally. Therefore every team has the same cap and the same capacity to spend. I know of course that marketing and high end tickets come into play but that shouldn't have that much of an impact. Bottom line is Ralph ALWAYS makes money just not as much as some other markets.

To claim that the Bills only care about marketing and not winning is silly. You don't spend big bucks on relatively unknown players like Dockery and Walker and file that under "marketing" for the year. You seem to be taking a last-season/off-season view and consider the TO signing as pure "marketing," when it was a move that was first and foremost to improve the team, with marketing being a side-benefit. Not to mention saying that Jauron can't even beat a single AFCE team, when the Bills have had a winning record against the AFCE the 2 years prior.

But what would you consider an effort to win? Spending lot of money like Snyder and Jones do?

It is not a stretch to say that the Bills are better at marketing than football operations. Jauron is not a winning coach and has been terrible at managing anything on game-day (managing time, play-calling and game-day adjustments) and has no clue how to formulate a plan to beat the AFC East NE Patriots.

• What you have been trying has not worked - which is fine if the playoffs are not the goal.

• What you have been trying will sell out the stadium, so that goal has been reached, but what about the football goal?

• What you have been trying will only get you 7-9 and no playoffs.

• Why not go out and get a proven coach and GM (at least that is something that has not been tried for many years).

At the end of the day, you have to be able to beat NE and the other AFC East teams to advance to the playoffs. Is DJ your man for that? There is nobody the Bills can hire out there that is better than DJ? Sure the Bills would like to win, but for many years, they have been much better at marketing than winning enough games to advance to the playoffs.

The fact that the Bills suck doesn't bother me. I have been a Bills true fan for years and years and have suffered endless years of frustration. What bothers me is that people BUY TIK"S, when the could talk with their wallets. Why should that loser Wilson do anything when he's rewarded for his incompentence? Years ago, in the mid 80's , the Bills sold 30K seats for a game , Wilson bitched but brought in Polian and the rest is history. We don't even have a football GM now, I think we're the only team to hold that honor.

This team blows, are offense now has a 34 year old train wreck as a wide reciever as its marquee guy. We has an "O" line in shambles with rookies galore and other guys playing new positions. Our QB is very unproven with an average arm and a history of injury. Our 1st pick was selected about 15 picks too early and better suited for a team that can afford a luxury of a one down guy at best.

The problem is all the sheep that follow. So call me anything you want, but your not helping.

You're a troll that can barely speak English. How's that? In a way, I believe I am helping you realize what a total douchebag you are.

Posts like this drive me insane. If you don't want to spend your money on Bills tickets, don't buy them! If I want to spend my $54 for a full day of fun, it's really of no concern to you. I thoroughly enjoy grilling, having a few beers, and spending time with my family and friends at the games. By all means let your wallet do your talking and if enough people agree with you then good for you. I have a hunch you will be pretty lonely sitting home bitching about the rest of us "sheep".

Well, what is your definition of 'suck'.

Last time I checked, only 1 team wins the Super Bowl every year.

Does that mean that all of the other 31 teams are chumps?

Ultimately, that is where your argument is heading. Would making it to the 1st round of the playoffs year after year, only to be beaten every one of those times be considered a 'winner'?

My uncle is a Detroit Lions fan. Has been since the 50's. He's not even from Detroit.

I'm from Buffalo, and grew up during the 90's. I follow the team because it's not only where I am from, but because they have become a part of me.

Do they break my heart? Absolutely.

But if there was never a Buffalo Bills or if the team ever moves, I won't be following the league anymore. I am a football fan BECAUSE of the Bills. I'm the same way with the Sabres. If the team was ever to move, I would not be following the NHL anymore.

Does this make me a loser? I don't see how one could logically make that conclusion anymore than you could call someone who likes strawberry ice cream a loser.

I am a fan of the Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres.

Maybe one day, they will really win it all...

I'm from Buffalo, and grew up during the 90's. I follow the team because it's not only where I am from, but because they have become a part of me.

Do they break my heart? Absolutely.

But if there was never a Buffalo Bills or if the team ever moves, I won't be following the league anymore. I am a football fan BECAUSE of the Bills. I'm the same way with the Sabres. If the team was ever to move, I would not be following the NHL anymore.

Does this make me a loser? I don't see how one could logically make that conclusion anymore than you could call someone who likes strawberry ice cream a loser.

I am a fan of the Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres.

Maybe one day, they will really win it all...

well spoken Red.. i'm with you all the way.

and yes, one day, they will really win it all. we'll probably let the bandwagon-hoppers join in the parade as well.

Guest dog14787

The T.O. express is powered by a high speed locomotive that can't be stopped and showing no signs of slowing down, the T.O. express has a young, but very promising engineer driving the locomotive and TE has no plans of wrecking his fast train.

The T.O. express is taking on passengers, next stop the Superbowl.

All aboard!!!

You assume Ralph is deliberately putting out a bad team to save money or something. I don't belive that. I think Ralph really wants to win, but he doesn't know how. Spending money on certain players hasn't worked. Hiring hot shot Donahoe and ol' pal Levy hasn't worked. So now he's just sitting on his hands.

As for voting with our wallets, that may work in NYC but not in a place that is hanging on to the NFL by a thread.

PTR

Guest dog14787
You assume Ralph is deliberately putting out a bad team to save money or something. I don't belive that. I think Ralph really wants to win, but he doesn't know how. Spending money on certain players hasn't worked. Hiring hot shot Donahoe and ol' pal Levy hasn't worked. So now he's just sitting on his hands.

As for voting with our wallets, that may work in NYC but not in a place that is hanging on to the NFL by a thread.

PTR

You call trying to expand our fan base into another country and making moves that assure us prime time television viewing is sitting on your hands? Not to mention putting together in my opinion a real good football team, whats up with you PTR, I don't remember you ever being this down. :(

You call trying to expand our fan base into another country and making moves that assure us prime time television viewing is sitting on your hands? Not to mention putting together in my opinion a real good football team, whats up with you PTR, I don't remember you ever being this down. :(

I think that Ralph has been around long enough to know just how bad Jauron is. If not, somebody in the organization surely must have told him that Jauron is a perpetual loser of football games.

Maybe keeping Jauron to save money is what Promo means by "sitting on his hands."

Guest dog14787
I think that Ralph has been around long enough to know just how bad Jauron is. If not, somebody in the organization surely must have told him that Jauron is a perpetual loser of football games.

Maybe keeping Jauron to save money is what Promo means by "sitting on his hands."

We kept DJ on to have some continuity, something we haven't tried in a long time in case some of you haven't noticed.

Giving a HC long enough time to actually do something before we pull the plug, wow, what a concept. :(

As long as the product on the field isn't the Detroit Lions, going to the Bills game is still a great day of drunken fun with friends. People go for a good time and to brave the Buffalo weather, because that's what we do. If you have an issue with it, go root for another !@#$ing team.

Speak for yourself - Why would you spend money on the ticket if all you want is an excuse to BBQ and drink beer? Win man...win!

Since I have your permission to call you anything I want, how about calling you a product of a Busted Ramses. You know, something not wanted in the first place, quite like your idiotic opinions.

You're a troll that can barely speak English. How's that? In a way, I believe I am helping you realize what a total douchebag you are.

That's not right. The man has a valid point of view weather or not you agree. Fact is Bill's fans are a unique breed more akin to a collage following than a pro one. He's right - performance and tickets sales make no sense in WNY....

That's not right. The man has a valid point of view weather or not you agree. Fact is Bill's fans are a unique breed more akin to a collage following than a pro one. He's right - performance and tickets sales make no sense in WNY....

How is the weather where you are at, and who follows an assemblage of pictures?

Ding, ding, ding--we have a winner, folks! Straight on correct here--the NFL is becoming closer and closer to MLB every year in terms of an uneven economic playing field, and the big market owners who now control the League with the Commish they selected will make sure it keeps moving in that direction.....

The Rays made the world series last year, so that should be good news.