Donte Whitner having some lady troubles

Facebook status update 6/07 8:58 PM - Donte Whitner Is now engaged to my future wifey!

Facebook status update 6/08 9:10 AM - Donte Whitner not engaged anymore...sorry guys I'll try again!

So in just over 12 hours (most of which was probably spent sleeping), he managed to get engaged and then un-engaged. Maybe he went too far and asked for a Cincinnati bowtie or something.

Am I the only one who suspects that our dear little #8 overall has quite the alcohol problem?

Now before anyone asks:

1) Yes, I was young once.

2) Yes, I ran with a multitude of women when I was young.

3) Yes, I have sadly had a couple of fights in a bar when I was young.

4) No, I don't think that it is unusual for a kid his age to party.

So, there you have it wrt me being a hypocrite, etc. My question is, does anybody else suspect that Little Donte has himself an alcohol problem.

Am I the only one who suspects that our dear little #8 overall has quite the alcohol problem?

When I first read that, I thought you mis-typed Donte's number for some reason. In retrospect, if number 8 had an alcohol problem, I feel those stories would be hilarious.

Moorman would be picking fights with bikers in bars, challenging patrons to hurdle races in the parking lot, etc.

Now before anyone asks:

So, there you have it wrt me being a hypocrite, etc. My question is, does anybody else suspect that Little Donte has himself an alcohol problem.

That's a hell of an assumption, Bill.

Now before anyone asks:

My guess is that people going to AA classes a couple of times a week would disagree with this suspicion.

Moorman would be picking fights with bikers in bars, challenging patrons to hurdle races in the parking lot, etc.

He'd kill at kick the can!

& no, Whitner's recantation didn't make me wonder whether he's got a drinking problem.

Most domestic disputes involve alcohol. Please believe this. He already has one of them which made the news. Most public scenes in and around bars involve alcohol (and of course denial). Check! Engaged and not engaged in 12 hours? You tell me. Remember the videos of his parties?

Hasn't he even posted things in his blog about drinking in the morning or early afetrnoon? Wrt this, I could have him confused with someone else.

Enough evidence exists to at least examine the clear possibility imo. How about you? :rolleyes:

Also, I "suspect" the possibility. More of a hunch than an assumption, although I agree that it isn't a very thick line.

Many of us (certainly not you) forget how amazingly talented some of these guys are. Mickey Mantle was one of the most talented players ever. He hit a dead ball 565 feet with no steroids, and was the fastest guy in baseball from home to first. He hit the ball so hard that even after his legs were shot, he would lay down bunts for base hits. The infielders had to play that far back. The man hit a home run off Sandy Kofax to the opposite field in a world series that looked like a long single. It had downspin and was out of the park in a flash. Just incredible.

He did all of the above while taking no care of himself at all. Some people are that gifted. Donte Whitner is not. He is a little man playing a big man's game and if he doesn't get his act together, it will soon show up on the field imo. The kid plays hard and I appreciate this. His failure would not in any way be in my interest as a Bills Fan.

We need production from him; this is clear. I am pulling for him big time because if he plays well and we re-sign him, maybe Jauron might consider drafting a left tackle. I still however "suspect" that something is wrong there. I hope that what is wrong is my hunch.

Most domestics disputes involve alcohol. Please believe this. He already has one of them which made the news. Most public scenes in and around bars involve alcohol (and of course denial). Check! Engaged and not engaged in 12 hours? You tell me. Remember the videos of his parties?

Hasn't he even posted things in his blog about drinking in the morning or early afetrnoon? Wrt this, I could have him confused with someone else.

Enough evidence exists to at least examine the clear possibility imo. How about you? :rolleyes:

I respect your expertise in dealing with calls to domestic situations, and I'll agree that Whitner probably wasn't the designated driver the night he got busted. Still seems like a hell of a leap to parlay those two incidents into a history of substance abuse, though.

While I don't know about his blog/Facebook, I just scrolled through his Twitter feed and found exactly one reference to drinking -- post-midnight, and Dom Perignon. Many more tweets about workouts (he's picked up yoga), and one on draft day where he told Chris Jenkins he'd rather be home watching the draft than going out.

Can I completely discount your hunch? No. Was that the first possibility which came to mind when I read the original post? No.

I respect your expertise in dealing with calls to domestic situations, and I'll agree that Whitner probably wasn't the designated driver the night he got busted. Still seems like a hell of a leap to parlay those two incidents into a history of substance abuse, though.

While I don't know about his blog/Facebook, I just scrolled through his Twitter feed and found exactly one reference to drinking -- post-midnight, and Dom Perignon. Many more tweets about workouts (he's picked up yoga), and one on draft day where he told Chris Jenkins he'd rather be home watching the draft than going out.

Can I completely discount your hunch? No. Was that the first possibility which came to mind when I read the original post? No.

Thanks as usual for offering an intelligent, well thought perspective. There is indeed a good chance that my hunch is premature or flat out wrong, which I hope is the case.