The truth about Wood and Levitre

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Brown Reports from OTAs:

"Veterans Kirk Chambers and Seth McKinney continue to hold down the starting roles at the two guard positions on the offensive line. Rookies Andy Levitre and Eric Wood are still being rotated in however, a good portion of the time. "

For those of you who think our Offensive line will be upgraded this year...here is a newsflash....These guys aren't even getting starting reps.

And oh by the way...Chambers and McKinney (who are currently starting over the kids) did not even start over Fowler and Preston last year... THAT'S how far off these guys are.

This is just sickening.

I don't know if there is a Bills Fan on earth who has been more critical of the Bills OL than I, but let me ask you this.....where should they have started to rebuild it?

Prototype OGs are getting progressively harder to find. This is a fact. The Bills got one (Levitre) who has played LT, and should be able to pass protect. Wood is a flat out beast or so it seems. Hangartner? Can he be worse than Fowler/Preston? I would have to see it to believe it.

Is there more work needed? Sure. I would like a blue chip LT in 2010, but can we give these new interior linemen a chance?

i know it's feeding the troll but ... where does it say "These guys aren't even getting starting reps"

It says they're being rotated in a "good portion of the time" -- sounds very positive to me

they will be starters on opening day

I don't know if there is a Bills Fan on earth who has been more critical of the Bills OL than I, but let me ask you this.....where should they have started to rebuild it?

Prototype OGs are getting progressively harder to find. This is a fact. The Bills got one (Levitre) who has played LT, and should be able to pass protect. Wood is a flat out beast or so it seems. Hangartner? Can he be worse than Fowler/Preston? I would have to see it to believe it.

Is there more work needed? Sure. I would like a blue chip LT in 2010, but can we give these new interior linemen a chance?

Where am I suggesting we don't give them a chance? People on here are so defensive about the lack of talent on this team. Please, pretty please, with a cherry on top...give them a chance! Get them on the goddamn field asap and get them as many goddamn reps as possible so that they DON'T look like rookies this season.

We are not "rebuilding". "Rebuilding" is where you keep the good parts, and throw out the bad. What we are doing is known as "sucking"....its where you let your talent walk in and out of a revolving door and plug the holes you make with new talent that needs training... so that you never get any better... (e.g. 7-9, 7-9, 7-9).

Where am I suggesting we don't give them a chance? People on here are so defensive about the lack of talent on this team. Please, pretty please, with a cherry on top...give them a chance! Get them on the goddamn field asap and get them as many goddamn reps as possible so that they DON'T look like rookies this season.

We are not "rebuilding". "Rebuilding" is where you keep the good parts, and throw out the bad. What we are doing is known as "sucking"....its where you let your talent walk in and out of a revolving door and plug the holes you make with new talent that needs training... so that you never get any better... (e.g. 7-9, 7-9, 7-9).

Can you explain the McKinney hanging from the ceiling in all black like tom cruise comment? Im very confused and a bit disturbed.

C'mon man! Can we wait for training camp to open! I like the fact that starting jobs aren't just being handed to rookies. Let's see who's what by opening day. While I don't know if our overall line has been upgraded, I do feel like the interior of our line has. Don't panic of the "starting" line-up in OTA's.

"Veterans Kirk Chambers and Seth McKinney continue to hold down the starting roles at the two guard positions on the offensive line. Rookies Andy Levitre and Eric Wood are still being rotated in however, a good portion of the time. "

For those of you who think our Offensive line will be upgraded this year...here is a newsflash....These guys aren't even getting starting reps.

And oh by the way...Chambers and McKinney (who are currently starting over the kids) did not even start over Fowler and Preston last year... THAT'S how far off these guys are.

This is just sickening.

try learning how things work in the NFL. these two kids have been here all of a month and maybe a dozen practices in shorts. they have no idea about the offense and are in the process of just getting down the terminology and lining up correctly.

the veterans are always afforded the respect of taking the starting reps early on as in OTA's. when training camp opens then the real competition starts. they drafted woods and livitre to start and there is no doubt in the world that woods will be our RG this year.

unless livitire fails miserably then that would be the only chance for either chambers or mckinney to start but IMO thats not going to happen.

positions are not given in this league the are earned and wood and livitire will both have to compete and should have no problem beating out either chambers or mckinney.

lets just say you are really jumping the gun here my friend. the last thing a team would do is insert a rookie in the starting lineup from day one even though they may know he will be their starter by day one.

Call me when the team isn't playing/practicing in their underwear.

:rolleyes:

Exactly.

BB i have a feeling you started this thread for attention. You got it. As any guy here that ever played football at any level, pee wee, high school, college, or pro knows nothing is accomplished for real till the pads go on. Once you start putting the shoulder pads on, then the men go to the front and the boys to the back.

Honestly do you know the difference between a football and a watermelon?

This is just sickening.

I'm not sure if you know this but at the bottom right hand corner of your screen it shows you the date. Mine reads 6/5/09.

This is just sickening.

mckinney wasn't here last year

This is just sickening.

umm...yeah, lets see who is starting when the preseason rolls around...

This is just sickening.

Are you really that ridiculously stupid ? Go move in with SKOOOBY, moron.

This is just sickening.

Reading comprehension is hard

Go get some Hooked on Phonics and get back to us mmmkay pumpkin?