here is the scoop that was told to me at camp Wed

Willis, it was his agent. I told him to tell his agent to stop ruining your good press.

OK Troy Vincent is a professional and what I heard from a very reliable member of the press. I was asked by a station in Buffalo for my opinion of JP's injury and after saying that I believe that professionals would not do a cheap shot to their own team members on this sations interview.

Then a member of a different station had walked by and listened to the interview. I had met this reporter at Booster functions and he told me he was standing right by the play.

It was not a I'm gonna hurt you on purpose thing up it also was not the accidental shoulder touch that the team is saying. Troy knocked him with his shoulder pads here is the Quote "a nudge like a vet was showing a rookie that pro hit." Then he(the reporter) showed he how he lowered his shoulder and gave the shot.

I hope this clears up the mud <_<:D

Willis it was his agent. I told him to tell his agent to stop ruining your good press.

OK  Troy Vincent is a professional and what I heard from a very reliable member of the press.  I was asked by a station in Buffalo for my opinion if JP's injury and after saying that I believe that professionals would not do a cheap shot to their own team members on this sations interview.  Then a member of a different station had walked by and listened to the interview and I had met him at Booster functions and he told me he was standing right by the play. It was not a I'm gonna hurt you on purpose thing up it also was not the accidental shoulder touch that the team is saying. Troy knocked him with his shoulder pads here is the Quote "a nudge like a vet was showing a rookie that pro hit." Then he showed he how he lowered his shoulder and gave the shot.

7670[/snapback]

Thanks. It does make sense. Why else would he be tossing and turning if it was not a borderline hit. I don't think he tried to hurt him but maybe he feels he could have eased up a little more.

exactly- It's the accident that should not have happened. Like in car racing there is the Rosen that no one should get out uninjured yet the driver is fine and then the little hit the wall and Dale E is dead.

Who would think that knocking into a QB would break his leg. No one.

Thus it is an accindent but a team mate should not should not injury a fellow team mate

red shirt = hands off... completly off... why? because of freak "accidents" like this.

am i saying he wanted to hurt him? of course not

could it have been prevented? most likely.

Hell, Troy Vincent has done a hell of a job NOT tackling people all preseason.

Thanks Cindy, How was the general mood of the camp? Any slowdown, or cautionary proceedings due to the previous days events? Was it still upbeat, busy practices, or a subdued type atmosphere? How did Drew look, How did Travis look?

Red shirt, pro hit, cheap shot, it does not matter.  JP should know how to slide when the situation warrants.  It sounds like this was one of those times.  Maybe know he will learn!

7769[/snapback]

Jeez that's not fair on JP. Yeah he needs to know when to slide - but in camp, with a red shirt on, the QB does not get hit. At all. Ever. He's a cocky SOB and probably deserved a shot, but the fact remains - don't touch the red shirts.

Red shirt, pro hit, cheap shot, it does not matter.  JP should know how to slide when the situation warrants.  It sounds like this was one of those times.  Maybe know he will learn!

7769[/snapback]

What did Vincent learn after how many training camps?

7769[/snapback]

Yeah, this makes a lot of sense :lol:

If I followed this line of thinking.... My 6 year old son, who knows he shouldn't steal, takes something. I react by slamming his hand hand down on the table. I break his hand in the process. Well at least now he'll remember not to steal again.

Willis it was his agent. I told him to tell his agent to stop ruining your good press.

OK  Troy Vincent is a professional and what I heard from a very reliable member of the press.  I was asked by a station in Buffalo for my opinion if JP's injury and after saying that I believe that professionals would not do a cheap shot to their own team members on this sations interview.  Then a member of a different station had walked by and listened to the interview and I had met him at Booster functions and he told me he was standing right by the play. It was not a I'm gonna hurt you on purpose thing up it also was not the accidental shoulder touch that the team is saying. Troy knocked him with his shoulder pads here is the Quote "a nudge like a vet was showing a rookie that pro hit." Then he showed he how he lowered his shoulder and gave the shot.

7670[/snapback]

Good news and bad then. I really expect more of Troy Vincentg - it is just not acceptable - regardless of how good a PR spin the team is putting on it. He deserves our scorn IMO.

I am glad that Willis is talking about his recent alleged statements to the fans. I hope he realises his agent is a dirtbag and that Willis does the classy and right thing when Travis Henry is fit again: steps aside.

7769[/snapback]

QB's don't slide in training camp practice, especially when they are not expecting to be hit. :lol:

With some comparison's to Rob Johnson by some draft experts I'm surprised no one has done the JPL=RJ yet. Come on people it was a freak accident and we shouldn't be looking to put blame on who caused it because truth be told who cares? It's done, all the b!tching in the world won't change it. Let's move on.

as to the practice. Sorry I was in the Vip tent in the afternoon and really did not see too much of it. They were on the far field and I was running beer to my friend and playing with Drew's boys. Mac Bledsoe brought 3 of them to camp. I must have picked up the little ones helmet 6 times from under the bleacher.

Like I say if you want the x's and o's talk to someone else.

Guff I did get your Willis pix signed :lol:

and Greer signed a pix for Conner(personalized)

Spikes owes me a couple autographs and he'll make good on that after a game at the Ralph. He sent a guy over to tell me that he'll see me at the stadium. He is quality off and on the field.

With some comparison's to Rob Johnson by some draft experts I'm surprised no one has done the JPL=RJ  yet. Come on people it was a freak accident and we shouldn't be looking to put blame on who caused it because truth be told who cares? It's done, all the b!tching in the world won't change it. Let's move on.

7849[/snapback]

I agree. It was an accident. TV is a pro, I bet he will make up for it. He has to feel bad. Hopefully, the unfortuate result strengthens the team bond.

Heal fast JPL.

7769[/snapback]

even if he perfected the art of sliding, he wouldn't have done it there.

red shirt = hands off... completly off... why? because of freak "accidents" like this.

am i saying he wanted to hurt him? of course not

could it have been prevented? most likely.

Hell, Troy Vincent has done a hell of a job NOT tackling people all preseason.

7718[/snapback]

There is a rule in training camp that you aren't supposed to tackle the quarterback. The red shirt reminds them of it. That is it. However, the red shirt will not prevent the defense from pushing the linemen/TE/RB's from getting pushed into the quarterback. When this happens it is called an accident.

Contact sport people stevestojan happens.

I feel bad for JP and I liked to watch him play but in the end he will learn more from it.

Yeah, this makes a lot of sense  :lol:

If I followed this line of thinking.... My 6 year old son, who knows he shouldn't steal, takes something. I react by slamming his hand hand down on the table. I break his hand in the process. Well at least now he'll remember not to steal again.

7780[/snapback]

That would be child abuse and a visit from CPS would be in order.