Things looking better for signing Pisa

Please let me know who has "proven anything" in the Bills secondary. Like I said before, McGee is a quality return guy, but is an avg corner and is typically targeted by the Pats. Leodis is unproven, Whitner does nothing and there is nobody else. If Springs is aging, what is TO doing? At all 3 levels, DL, LB and DB the Pats have better talent. That is why they continue to not only beat the Bills, but crush them. I honestly thought Greer was a better cover guy than McGee. Not sure why they let him walk. Do the Bills even have a 3rd corner considering teams play about half the time in nickel?

Yeah the Bills have TWO young guys ready to step up & contribute. Youboty & Corner..............they are both BETTER than any DB's on the Pats* Leodis showed last year he is ready to start...................that is the reason the Bills let Greer walk. As for McGee if he is average....................then the Pats* CB's are WAY BELOW average.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please let me know who has "proven anything" in the Bills secondary. Like I said before, McGee is a quality return guy, but is an avg corner and is typically targeted by the Pats. Leodis is unproven, Whitner does nothing and there is nobody else. If Springs is aging, what is TO doing? At all 3 levels, DL, LB and DB the Pats have better talent. That is why they continue to not only beat the Bills, but crush them. I honestly thought Greer was a better cover guy than McGee. Not sure why they let him walk. Do the Bills even have a 3rd corner considering teams play about half the time in nickel?

Something tells me that you are the type of @sshole that even pats fans cant stand.......waiving the pom poms when things are going great and nowhere to be seen when they are not.......

Before you take that high and mighty attitude you better realize that there are a lot of things that can go wrong with your team this year.......it all hinges around a QB that was completely out of football last year and is relying on aging veterans to make plays. One play could completely change everything.

I am telling you right here right now......the bills will beat the pats in the opening game. I am calling it.

Something tells me that you are the type of @sshole that even pats fans cant stand.......waiving the pom poms when things are going great and nowhere to be seen when they are not.......

Before you take that high and mighty attitude you better realize that there are a lot of things that can go wrong with your team this year.......it all hinges around a QB that was completely out of football last year and is relying on aging veterans to make plays. One play could completely change everything.

I am telling you right here right now......the bills will beat the pats in the opening game. I am calling it.

As long as we retain DJ, fans of other east teams, can feel it is open season. With good reason, too, 0-6 last year.

If they shopuld win the Monday night opener where Brady makes his return, would be very surprised. More likely, we could win it, we SHOULD win it, then DJ effs it up again somehow. Rat bastard.

The Patriots'* DL is better. I'd even be willing to say their LB'ing corps is better, although no Patriots* fan can be happy with it currently. But the Bills' secondary is better. Springs has been in decline for years and can't stay healthy, Bodden was cut by the lowly Lions (considering your words on Tinoisamoa, you can't think much of Bodden or Lenon), they have no 3rd CB, have no SS, and Merriweather may be a player. Other than that, they have rookies they're counting-in, as do the Bills.

Out of curiosity, what are you predicting that Pisa will sign for, regardless of who he signs with?

Throwing LB numbers out there:

Cato June - 1 yr, 1.5 mil

Keith Brooking 3 yrs, 6 mil

Jonathan Vilma 5 yrs, 34 mil, 17 mil guaranteed

Angelo Crowell 1 yr, 3 mil, up to 4.6 mil with escalators

So where does Tinoisamoa fall on this list?

Throwing LB numbers out there:

Cato June - 1 yr, 1.5 mil

Keith Brooking 3 yrs, 6 mil

Jonathan Vilma 5 yrs, 34 mil, 17 mil guaranteed

Angelo Crowell 1 yr, 3 mil, up to 4.6 mil with escalators

So where does Tinoisamoa fall on this list?

Right with Cro

The Bills probably will need to sweeten the pot a little, because if all things are even, he probably will go to the Bears. He as previous relationships with the coaching staff and GM there. Would be nice to add him though, I think he is a definite upgrade over Ellison.

The Patriots'* DL is better. I'd even be willing to say their LB'ing corps is better, although no Patriots* fan can be happy with it currently. But the Bills' secondary is better. Springs has been in decline for years and can't stay healthy, Bodden was cut by the lowly Lions (considering your words on Tinoisamoa, you can't think much of Bodden or Lenon), they have no 3rd CB, have no SS, and Merriweather may be a player. Other than that, they have rookies they're counting-in, as do the Bills.

You are right about the Pats LB core. A lot of the success of that unit will depend on the development of Shawn Crable on the outside. Guyton had a solid year in the middle last year, and I would hope he would make the "year 2 jump". Lenon is going to be a role player and no more. He also racked up tackles on a bad D. However, I completely disagree with your assessment of the Bills secondary. I do not think McGee is a very good corner and like I said, Leodis is unproven. I don't think looking at Bodden's last year in Detroit is fair as I don't think any CB could have had success in that D. If you look at his time in Cleveland (while in the same defensive system he will join in NE) he was a stud. He is still young so I think he can get back to that level. As for third CB, T Wheatley was showing solid signs last year and got hurt in the Colts game where he was playing very well. BB was very high on him, and he is very high on this years 2nd round pick D Butler. Wilhite showed signs last year, but is a serviceable player, nothing more. Sanders has been solid, not great, player at S for three years. That is more than I can say for whoever is going to play opposite Whitner. Patrick Chung is going to take over that role to add more speed and explosiveness.

I just don't see where the talent is in the Bills secondary. With a limited pass rush, and the inability of the front 7 to stop the run, I think teams are going to be able to go over the top of the Bills all season long.

You are right about the Pats LB core. A lot of the success of that unit will depend on the development of Shawn Crable on the outside. Guyton had a solid year in the middle last year, and I would hope he would make the "year 2 jump". Lenon is going to be a role player and no more. He also racked up tackles on a bad D. However, I completely disagree with your assessment of the Bills secondary. I do not think McGee is a very good corner and like I said, Leodis is unproven. I don't think looking at Bodden's last year in Detroit is fair as I don't think any CB could have had success in that D. If you look at his time in Cleveland (while in the same defensive system he will join in NE) he was a stud. He is still young so I think he can get back to that level. As for third CB, T Wheatley was showing solid signs last year and got hurt in the Colts game where he was playing very well. BB was very high on him, and he is very high on this years 2nd round pick D Butler. Wilhite showed signs last year, but is a serviceable player, nothing more. Sanders has been solid, not great, player at S for three years. That is more than I can say for whoever is going to play opposite Whitner. Patrick Chung is going to take over that role to add more speed and explosiveness.

I just don't see where the talent is in the Bills secondary. With a limited pass rush, and the inability of the front 7 to stop the run, I think teams are going to be able to go over the top of the Bills all season long.

Well, our secondary, which is nearly intact from last year's, gave up a whopping 3 more yards per game than yours did, and that's playing behind a weaker D-line and LBs by your own admission. In addition, your O was much better than ours, so our D faced more possessions;/drives by the other teams, which should also go into the mix. Add the fact that the only guy we lost was Jabari Greer, a good corner no doubt, but gained Drayton Florence and Youboty back, as well as Corner and McKelvin's additional year, not to mention adding a decent 2nd round pick in Byrd and I'd say we're a lot better than your secondary, which lost its best corner, its aging starting safety and picked up some aging vets no one else wanted and who, in the case of Springs, can't stay on the field, as well as some young unproven players in Wilhite, Wheatley and Chung.

last i checked this was a Bills board, on a Bills backer website - not a Pats* discussion thread on an AFC website. afcfan1, please find yourself some other forum to divest yourself of your (probably videotaped) indepth knowledge of your favorite team.

moderator, could you please eliminate this guy? if i wanted to talk to more idiots about the Pats* i'd just talk football here at work! actually, tom bundchen coming back to practise has been the highlight for all the folk here in Mass after they watched the Booins and Sillytics get unceremoniously dumped out of the playoffs.

i (and i assume most of you Bills fans out there) come here to read about the Bills. not the Pats*. if people want to start non-Bills conversations please do it on a separate thread, with a clear non-Bills titled thread.

last i checked this was a Bills board, on a Bills backer website - not a Pats* discussion thread on an AFC website. afcfan1, please find yourself some other forum to divest yourself of your (probably videotaped) indepth knowledge of your favorite team.

moderator, could you please eliminate this guy? if i wanted to talk to more idiots about the Pats* i'd just talk football here at work! actually, tom bundchen coming back to practise has been the highlight for all the folk here in Mass after they watched the Booins and Sillytics get unceremoniously dumped out of the playoffs.

i (and i assume most of you Bills fans out there) come here to read about the Bills. not the Pats*. if people want to start non-Bills conversations please do it on a separate thread, with a clear non-Bills titled thread.

Speak for yourself, I am interested in the thoughts of the Pats fan too. He sounds like an educated football guy, nothing wrong with another perspective. He is not just saying the bills suck and Pats are good (although, he could!) but backing it up with some knowledge. If you dont like it, change the channel, Mr. censorman. Don't need you telling the rest of us what can and can't be included on the board.

Speak for yourself, I am interested in the thoughts of the Pats fan too. He sounds like an educated football guy, nothing wrong with another perspective. He is not just saying the bills suck and Pats are good (although, he could!) but backing it up with some knowledge. If you dont like it, change the channel, Mr. censorman. Don't need you telling the rest of us what can and can't be included on the board.

Or maybe he can stay on point and stop hijacking threads. He has the option of starting his own thread on any topic he chooses, which I can then freely ignore. Not as easy to ignore when he's interjecting in the middle of a completely unrelated discussion.

hey look, wise guy is back. didn't get lucky lately dude?

i wouldn't mind listening to a Pats fan if he had valid points, but not on a thread that says "Things looking better for signing Pisa". if he's a legit member of TSW he can freely start another thread and not hijack this one!

also note how i said