Best QBs available in FA: Rex Grossman and J.P. Losman

They took them off in the latter half of 2006 and JP showed some flashes that he could be a decent QB.

Really?

Check out the month of December. Bills lose 3 of their last 5 games while JP throws a total of 9 TDs, has 6 ints, loses 2 fumbles and is sacked 15 times.

That's "taking off"?

Looks like someone had a little trouble playing in the cold.

Actually, the Bills faired better when they didn't let JP throw the ball. 4 of their 7 wins cam in games where he attempted under 20 passes.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect the training wheels were put back on as the coaches attempted to reel it all back in and mitigate the damage that a sputtering erratic offense might cause -- minimize risk taking. Especially when the defense had a lot of green new players and players at certain positions being carted off in waves.

Good thing it worked and our 2007 offense wasn;t erratic and sputtering. :lol: Seems like Jauron's over conservatism intentionally neutered the offense. We can't risk throwing TDs, because we might throw an INT. Sometimes its worth it to take a step back so you can take 2 forward. Jauron would rather run in place, forever at 7-9.

Really?

Check out the month of December. Bills lose 3 of their last 5 games while JP throws a total of 9 TDs, has 6 ints, loses 2 fumbles and is sacked 15 times.

That's "taking off"?

Looks like someone had a little trouble playing in the cold.

Actually, the Bills faired better when they didn't let JP throw the ball. 4 of their 7 wins cam in games where he attempted under 20 passes.

Thank you for verifying that you don't actually watch the games. (But, the Bills are usually on the same time as your pats*, so i can understand why you don't see any). I guess he had trouble playing in the cold when we beat miami in buffalo and the jets in the meadowlands, huh? Both of those wins were in december.

Blaming Losman for those 3 losses is the height of stupidity. Some bogus calls cost us the SD game. Robert friggin royal and his out of bounds feet along with jauron's idiocy (deeeerrr, what do you mean its 4th down, i dont have a play call) cost us the tennessee game. And the baltimore game, the bills were i run for the bus mode, kind of like 2007 vs philly.

Give the Bills credit. How many QB's have left the Bills to go on to star for other teams after Lamonica. I don't think JP will even do as well as Rob Johnson did in his post Bills era. Whether JP lands on another roster for awhile or not, I don't think he would do well enough for us to regret the Bills let him go. As far as coaching don't forget that Sam Wyche, a former HC, spent a huge amount of time with JP to try to teach him everything about being an NFL QB. Face it, JP is just not that bright and he tends to get an attitude that he is not getting a fair shake way to easily. No team wants a QB with those 2 qualities.

except the Bills brain trust that not only wanted JP - but spent a 1st, 2nd and 5th to secure the amazing big arm QB with no brain

Yeah JP was terrible.......................................meantime, I am still waiting for Trent to play as well as JP did in 06.

The wait is over. Trent was a better quarterback than JP was on the very first day he took the field.

Tell me, do you think that if Trent was out there he would have a job by now? Allow me to help.....yes, he would be signed and starting for another team. You just can't face reality about all this, can you? Forget stats. Forget arm strength. Forget everything other than the fact that JP loses football games.

In this sense, he matched up well with Jauron.

The wait is over. Trent was a better quarterback than JP was on the very first day he took the field.

Tell me, do you think that if Trent was out there he would have a job by now? Allow me to help.....yes, he would be signed and starting for another team. You just can't face reality about all this, can you? Forget stats. Forget arm strength. Forget everything other than the fact that JP loses football games.

In this sense, he matched up well with Jauron.

I am still WAITING for Trent to prove he is better than JP. In 06 JP put up 19 TD's & had 2 THREE HUNDRED Yard Games. Trent has MUCH BETTER weapons this year than JP did..........................................NO EXCUSES he NEEDS to at least match those 19 TD's this year, or he is a BUST.

I am still WAITING for Trent to prove he is better than JP. In 06 JP put up 19 TD's & had 2 THREE HUNDRED Yard Games. Trent has MUCH BETTER weapons this year than JP did..........................................NO EXCUSES he NEEDS to at least match those 19 TD's this year, or he is a BUST.

I'd rather Trent have 19 wins than touchdowns. Would he be considered a "BUST" then?

im writing down all the names of these pro trent guys, because in 2 seasons you'll all be screaming for his head and running him out of town

Sign me up for your list and when the Bills win the Super Bowl with Trent in 2 years, be sure to post our names.

Thank you for verifying that you don't actually watch the games. (But, the Bills are usually on the same time as your pats*, so i can understand why you don't see any). I guess he had trouble playing in the cold when we beat miami in buffalo and the jets in the meadowlands, huh? Both of those wins were in december.

Blaming Losman for those 3 losses is the height of stupidity. Some bogus calls cost us the SD game. Robert friggin royal and his out of bounds feet along with jauron's idiocy (deeeerrr, what do you mean its 4th down, i dont have a play call) cost us the tennessee game. And the baltimore game, the bills were i run for the bus mode, kind of like 2007 vs philly.

Yes, those two wins were in December, and as I pointed out, they won those games beacausethey changed their gameplan. By limiting his pass attempts, they limited his likelihood of a bonehead play and turnovers. It worked in the Mimai game and the GB game. Therefore, he had less trouble in the cold as long as he didn't try to pass more than 30 times. In fact, they only won 2 of 7 games all season when he was allowed to "play to his strengths" (over 30 attempts).

I didn't blame the losses entirely on JP. But you were the one making the obviously wrong claim that he improved after the bye. A few bad calls lost the SD game? Otherwise JP did fine? Look at that 1st half. Starts with an int. 3 consecutive 3 and outs. On 5 drives, he faces 3rd down form the shotgun and cannot convert (he fumbles away on one of those).

"your pats*". Really, that's all you've got given the rest of your lame response. Guess you're going with your strong suit, eh?

Yes, those two wins were in December, and as I pointed out, they won those games beacausethey changed their gameplan. By limiting his pass attempts, they limited his likelihood of a bonehead play and turnovers. It worked in the Mimai game and the GB game. Therefore, he had less trouble in the cold as long as he didn't try to pass more than 30 times. In fact, they only won 2 of 7 games all season when he was allowed to "play to his strengths" (over 30 attempts).

I didn't blame the losses entirely on JP. But you were the one making the obviously wrong claim that he improved after the bye. A few bad calls lost the SD game? Otherwise JP did fine? Look at that 1st half. Starts with an int. 3 consecutive 3 and outs. On 5 drives, he faces 3rd down form the shotgun and cannot convert (he fumbles away on one of those).

"your pats*". Really, that's all you've got given the rest of your lame response. Guess you're going with your strong suit, eh?

When did i say than < 30 passes a game was playing to JPs strengths? Playing to his strengths means calling the types of plays he was most successful at, not simply called tons of passes. I guess a dimwitted pats* fan like your self cannot comprehend any nuances of the game, huh?

2006 pre-bye week (7 games): 6 TDs, 6 INTs, 8 fumbles,

2006 post-bye week (9 games): 13 TDs, 8 INTs, 5 fumbles

Even the most ardent JP bashers will tell you that his 2nd half of 2006 was much improved over his first half. He cut down on turnovers, increased TDs and started looking good as a QB. By denying the improvement, you validate by above statement by exposing yourself as someone who simply does not understand the nuances of the game of football. I suppose i should expect no more from someone who probably started following the NFL in 2002 after you got your tommie brady jersey.

When did i say than < 30 passes a game was playing to JPs strengths? Playing to his strengths means calling the types of plays he was most successful at, not simply called tons of passes. I guess a dimwitted pats* fan like your self cannot comprehend any nuances of the game, huh?

2006 pre-bye week (7 games): 6 TDs, 6 INTs, 8 fumbles,

2006 post-bye week (9 games): 13 TDs, 8 INTs, 5 fumbles

Even the most ardent JP bashers will tell you that his 2nd half of 2006 was much improved over his first half. He cut down on turnovers, increased TDs and started looking good as a QB. By denying the improvement, you validate by above statement by exposing yourself as someone who simply does not understand the nuances of the game of football. I suppose i should expect no more from someone who probably started following the NFL in 2002 after you got your tommie brady jersey.

No, actually I was the one saying that throwing "< 30 passes a game" was playing to his strength (specifically I said < 20).

Yes, you're clearly a man who can appreciate "nuances". Endlessly coming back with "well........you're.....you're...you're, like......a Pats fan", is very sophisticated and nuanced.

Anyway, if you want to lump a bad finish to '06 with a decent stretch in November (even there, he had one great game)--go to it. If it makes you feel less foolish for sticking with a bust like JPL, I understand.

But it doesn't erase the fact that, no matter how you spin it, he played poorly in December---except when they asked him to do as little as possible.

JP's gone. Time for you to get behind Edwards, like the rest of us right thinking folks.

No, actually I was the one saying that throwing "< 30 passes a game" was playing to his strength (specifically I said < 20).

Yes, you're clearly a man who can appreciate "nuances". Endlessly coming back with "well........you're.....you're...you're, like......a Pats fan", is very sophisticated and nuanced.

Anyway, if you want to lump a bad finish to '06 with a decent stretch in November (even there, he had one great game)--go to it. If it makes you feel less foolish for sticking with a bust like JPL, I understand.

But it doesn't erase the fact that, no matter how you spin it, he played poorly in December---except when they asked him to do as little as possible.

JP's gone. Time for you to get behind Edwards, like the rest of us right thinking folks.

Good Christ your little new england*-loving skull is awfully dense.

1. Since when does throwing few passing attempts equate to the coaching staff asking him to as little as possible? The Bills had big leads in both those games, so therefore had no need to pass the ball. And if the running game is working, which it was in both of those games, why continue passing? I dont give a crap who your QB is, if you have 3 score lead in the second half, you run the ball. Only your patriots* continually pass when they have a big lead.

2. Lets assume for a second that your asinine theory holds water (which in reality it doesn't). How is 200 yards and 3 TDs asking the QB to do as little as possible?

3. This discussion is about JP Losman in 2006, and has nothing to do with Trent Edwards. Edwards was still in college.

4. The fact remains that JP played well in the second half of 2006 (as evidenced by him being the NFLs 11th or 12th rated passer that season). He didn't follow up in 2007 or 2008 and looked very bad. But that does not take away that after 2006, there was a belief by a sizeable number of people, including many around the NFL, that JP had turned the corner and the light had turned on for him.

5. You simply repeating that JP had a bad 2006 doesn't magically make it true. The numbers don't lie. Those who watched the games don't lie either. But keep on thinking that "he finished bad" and that the team surrounding him played no role in going 2-3 over the last 5. (its actually 2-2, because the week 17 finale was a joke of a game after we'd been eliminated) And keep on ignoring that the Bills had gone 5-2 in the 7 games prior to the 2 game skid and pretending that had nothing to do with Losman's improved play (a direct result of the OL reshuffling).

6. You have shown an extreme propensity to defend anything and everything pats* related, including tom brady*, rodney harrison*, vince wilfork*, and bill belicheat*. That is what makes you a pats* fan.

Good Christ your little new england*-loving skull is awfully dense.

1. Since when does throwing few passing attempts equate to the coaching staff asking him to as little as possible? The Bills had big leads in both those games, so therefore had no need to pass the ball. And if the running game is working, which it was in both of those games, why continue passing? I dont give a crap who your QB is, if you have 3 score lead in the second half, you run the ball. Only your patriots* continually pass when they have a big lead.

2. Lets assume for a second that your asinine theory holds water (which in reality it doesn't). How is 200 yards and 3 TDs asking the QB to do as little as possible?

3. This discussion is about JP Losman in 2006, and has nothing to do with Trent Edwards. Edwards was still in college.

4. The fact remains that JP played well in the second half of 2006 (as evidenced by him being the NFLs 11th or 12th rated passer that season). He didn't follow up in 2007 or 2008 and looked very bad. But that does not take away that after 2006, there was a belief by a sizeable number of people, including many around the NFL, that JP had turned the corner and the light had turned on for him.

5. You simply repeating that JP had a bad 2006 doesn't magically make it true. The numbers don't lie. Those who watched the games don't lie either. But keep on thinking that "he finished bad" and that the team surrounding him played no role in going 2-3 over the last 5. (its actually 2-2, because the week 17 finale was a joke of a game after we'd been eliminated) And keep on ignoring that the Bills had gone 5-2 in the 7 games prior to the 2 game skid and pretending that had nothing to do with Losman's improved play (a direct result of the OL reshuffling).

6. You have shown an extreme propensity to defend anything and everything pats* related, including tom brady*, rodney harrison*, vince wilfork*, and bill belicheat*. That is what makes you a pats* fan.

There is NO DOUBT that Mr WEO is a Pats* fan trying to pass himself off as one of us to try to stir up crap.