Another police beating

GOBILLS78

Which is as it should be. Which is how it would be for me, if I were caught doing this.

I'm sure the mayor and chief aren't happy they had to fire five police officers, if I live there I wouldn't be happy, either.

I don't consider this a smear on police officers as a whole, as I know there are bad apples in every bunch. But not firing or punishing this kind of behavior would be a giant smear on the Birmingham police force, IMO.

Bingo Dean! I plan my life around my pension too and think about all the things that others do with a family... If I screw up and kill someone because of my negligence, I am gone.

Maybe booting these bad cops out is the right thing to do, like everybody else has to deal with. Ths wasn't some little "love tap" by one officer.

The message has to be sent... Now they will have to work a little harder for their (officers) transgression.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
Yep. I couldn't imagine how frustrated I would be in that situation... I would have to keep it under cork though.

doggonit, its so frustrating when perps try to kill you, I can't wait for this guy to coming flipping out of the van so I can beat the crap out of him and lose my job. :w00t:

The date says 1/23/2008. Why is it just coming out now?

Maybe it was surpressed?? The guy is probably suing the cops and the muncipality is standing to lose a ton of money??

Granted... I can understand the other side of the argument... But, that is a pretty shameless video clip. Yet, the cops have to turn that switch off... No if, ands, or buts about it. In THAT situation they have to detach or AT LEAST ONE OFFICER has to... I don't recall even ONE... Well maybe ONE (far right)... He pulls his buddy off after he gets his kicks in. :thumbsup::w00t:

And yes, frustration.

doggonit, its so frustrating when perps try to kill you, I can't wait for this guy to coming flipping out of the van so I can beat the crap out of him and lose my job. :w00t:

Did you watch the clip?... One officer (first) slid into the culvert... That is NOT a very defensive way to approach a perp. @ 11:53.41. Then the second officer goes in a steps on the guys neck @ 11:53:43. Sad.

We can have a "where are they now" reality show which displays these wretched former cops and their families as they hopefully struggle to find their next meal. We can show the victims in their lawsuit purchased mansions still strung out on crack or booze or dope but in a much better crackhouse.

Revisiting this idea, I think the popularity of reality shows can really help out here. However, I think the producers might want to lighten it up a little, you know, to win over public sentiment so the cops can continue to receive free passes from their impossible situations.

They could do this possibly with a follies segment, you know, where well trained professionals who are supposed to execute their assignment have a miscue, and hilarity ensues. Follies: A lighter side to police brutality. They could use the first cop to arrive on the scene from this incident. Focus on him in the video. In his rage fueled haste to be the first one to administer the beatdown to the unconscious guy, he stumbles and trips over himself before falling down, all the while making a desperate attempt to club the unconscious guy. Good thing that perp didn't move - looked like you were having some trouble there officer! Glad your friends were there to subdue him! They could just loop that scene of the stumbling officer, with Benny Hill music playing in the background. Ratings Gold! :w00t:

Revisiting this idea, I think the popularity of reality shows can really help out here. However, I think the producers might want to lighten it up a little, you know, to win over public sentiment so the cops can continue to receive free passes from their impossible situations.

They could do this possibly with a follies segment, you know, where well trained professionals who are supposed to execute their assignment have a miscue, and hilarity ensues. Follies: A lighter side to police brutality. They could use the first cop to arrive on the scene from this incident. Focus on him in the video. In his rage fueled haste to be the first one to administer the beatdown to the unconscious guy, he stumbles and trips over himself before falling down, all the while making a desperate attempt to club the unconscious guy. Good thing that perp didn't move - looked like you were having some trouble there officer! Glad your friends were there to subdue him! They could just loop that scene of the stumbling officer, with Benny Hill music playing in the background. Ratings Gold! :w00t:

Dude you have your priorities in order but don't quit your day job to be a TV producer. There should be no comedy or sympathy at all. Just show the beatings. NEVER show anything that leads up to them. Remember, the goal is to win people over to your way of thinking. Taking things ouot of context to show "victims" is a method that has been used over and over again in war, religion and politics. It is called paparazzi.

In this case they would show only the very end of the car crash and the beating. Then they would dig up dirt on all the cops no matter how hard they had to look. Maybe one of them punched a classmate in the third grade. That would be shown as being a lifelong bully. On the other hand, they should show film of the victim's 9th birthday party even if it was the last time he wasn't strung out on something. As much sympathy for the criminal and as much hatred for the people who have to clean up this trash is what we're going for. This way we'll get your dream society of scum bags running everything.

Maybe after you were done you could show the cop's family and what they look like when dad has no job. It would be a very happy ending for everyone in our society. That should make you happy.

Dude you have your priorities in order but don't quit your day job to be a TV producer. There should be no comedy or sympathy at all. Just show the beatings. NEVER show anything that leads up to them. Remember, the goal is to win people over to your way of thinking. Taking things ouot of context to show "victims" is a method that has been used over and over again in war, religion and politics. It is called paparazzi.

In this case they would show only the very end of the car crash and the beating. Then they would dig up dirt on all the cops no matter how hard they had to look. Maybe one of them punched a classmate in the third grade. That would be shown as being a lifelong bully. On the other hand, they should show film of the victim's 9th birthday party even if it was the last time he wasn't strung out on something. As much sympathy for the criminal and as much hatred for the people who have to clean up this trash is what we're going for. This way we'll get your dream society of scum bags running everything.

Maybe after you were done you could show the cop's family and what they look like when dad has no job. It would be a very happy ending for everyone in our society. That should make you happy.

I'm afraid this is where we're gonna have to agree to disagree. It's proven that comedy and reality shows win over the hearts of the mindless more efficiently. If it's too serious people will tune out, or worse, be reminded that personal responsibility is too heavy a burden to carry. It's much easier to play the blame game. That's why we need to get some good lawyers involved asap to get at least some of the gentlemen their job back. Personally, I hope it's that first cop to stumble his way to the beatdown of the unconscious guy, but I digress. You see, if a serious approach is taken, however out of context a beatdown of an unconscious guy can be, it may lead to serious repurcussions.

If sworn officers of the law are held accountable, then we are on a slippery slope. Next thing it could lead to holding elected officials and other leaders to take personal responibility for their actions, and gasp, eventually to all of us. I don't think you want a society like that, because it's just too hard. In the blame game, you just pass off responsibility and you are quickly absolved from any responsibility from your own actions, just like that. But you already know that. The perp has already been assigned the blame for these experienced officers losing their careers, not their own actions. Most folks like yourself agree that is much easier. And besides, if you burn your mouth on a hot cup of coffee for example, how are you gonna get rich by suing if society doesn't tolerate stupidity? We need to rectify this situation quickly, hopefully through some skilled lawyers, and back to a simpler way of living. Setting expectations too high for those in authority always leads to disappointment, so it's better to start with the lowest common denominator.

I'm afraid this is where we're gonna have to agree to disagree. It's proven that comedy and reality shows win over the hearts of the mindless more efficiently. If it's too serious people will tune out, or worse, be reminded that personal responsibility is too heavy a burden to carry. It's much easier to play the blame game. That's why we need to get some good lawyers involved asap to get at least some of the gentlemen their job back. Personally, I hope it's that first cop to stumble his way to the beatdown of the unconscious guy, but I digress. You see, if a serious approach is taken, however out of context a beatdown of an unconscious guy can be, it may lead to serious repurcussions.

If sworn officers of the law are held accountable, then we are on a slippery slope. Next thing it could lead to holding elected officials and other leaders to take personal responibility for their actions, and gasp, eventually to all of us. I don't think you want a society like that, because it's just too hard. In the blame game, you just pass off responsibility and you are quickly absolved from any responsibility from your own actions, just like that. But you already know that. The perp has already been assigned the blame for these experienced officers losing their careers, not their own actions. Most folks like yourself agree that is much easier. And besides, if you burn your mouth on a hot cup of coffee for example, how are you gonna get rich by suing if society doesn't tolerate stupidity? We need to rectify this situation quickly, hopefully through some skilled lawyers, and back to a simpler way of living. Setting expectations too high for those in authority always leads to disappointment, so it's better to start with the lowest common denominator.

You have parted ways not only with me, but with reality. Are you also strung out on whatever that driver was smoking?

The officers have already been held accountable by losing their jobs. The show is about mocking them and pounding into the heads of society that we demand super human behavior for $60k a year. It is not enough for them to sacrifice their livliehood, they must also be humiliated and called animals by faceless dimwits. The show is about the humiliating part. The firing part is already done. The city can take care of that every time. In order to be really idealistic, we need to call the cops animals, preferably in every public forum possible. You have given it a good start, but a reality show will go much farther. If you have it be a comedy show, you lose the outrage we should all have that cops displayed emotion a full 25 seconds after their friend was left for dead.

Only on a secondary note is the show is about the perp. And you don't need to burn your mouth on coffee to get rich. You just need to strung out on your drug of choice and drive around town trying to kill people. We could probably have a whole separate show about that.

I feel better now, as the conversation drifted a bit, I forgot that in fact these animals are out of a job and lost their pensions. I am good with that. If they need to explain to their families why they're stuggling to get their next meal, then they need to man up and explain daddy beat up an unconscious man. But given their cowardly actions that got them into this mess to begin with, I wouldn't count on that happening. They have too many enablers such as yourself ready to make excuses for them and give them a pass. Luckily the chief and mayor saw through that rouse and threw them out on their ass. If the faulty reasoning being tossed around here were true, you can rest assured 5 experienced officers wouldn't be fired. But they were, and with good reason. Anything else is just hot air.

I feel better now, as the conversation drifted a bit, I forgot that in fact these animals are out of a job and lost their pensions. I am good with that. If they need to explain to their families why they're stuggling to get their next meal, then they need to man up and explain daddy beat up an unconscious man. But given their cowardly actions that got them into this mess to begin with, I wouldn't count on that happening. They have too many enablers such as yourself ready to make excuses for them and give them a pass. Luckily the chief and mayor saw through that rouse and threw them out on their ass. If the faulty reasoning being tossed around here were true, you can rest assured 5 experienced officers wouldn't be fired. But they were, and with good reason. Anything else is just hot air.

Dude, I'm not an enabler. Like you, I enjoy judging people and classifying them as animals based on 11 seconds of their lives. It is not enough that they lose their jobs. They need to be called animals and I am glad you are here to do it.

You have just settled on the wrong format with the comedy. It needs to be a more serious format. It needs to be one that leaves the viewer angry and bitter, not laughing. It needs a producer who sees everything in black and white. It should be someone who has very few reading comprehension skills or ability to interpret film because that may help them understand reality and reality just gets in the way. It needs someone who is unable to understand that there is a difference between stepping over a line when full of emotion and "being an animal". It needs someone whose mind, by their own admission, drifts away from the facts in an effort to keep up the vitriol against the cops. Ideally it would be someone who displays an irrational hatred for all cops, and thinks they are all "animals in a habitat". Who knows why they're irrational, the important part is that they are. It should be easy to find someone because people with attitudes like that are everywhere since it is the easy way out.

Maybe it was surpressed?? The guy is probably suing the cops and the muncipality is standing to lose a ton of money??

Granted... I can understand the other side of the argument... But, that is a pretty shameless video clip. Yet, the cops have to turn that switch off... No if, ands, or buts about it. In THAT situation they have to detach or AT LEAST ONE OFFICER has to... I don't recall even ONE... Well maybe ONE (far right)... He pulls his buddy off after he gets his kicks in. :ph34r::pirate:

And yes, frustration.

Whoa! It's a miracle! The impossible has been achieved! You mean there was one cop who was able to inexplicably control his emotions?! But I have read right here on the internet from such folks that eat crayons that we are holding these men to impossible human standards. I mean such a short time passed between their buddy almost being run over, and then encountering a limp, lifeless, motionless body that they subsequently savagely beat. It was understandable, even from well trained professionals (except this one guy), because it is only human to react that way when a buddy is "left for dead." Hell, with what little money they make it was almost expected of them to react that way.

If proven otherwise, and this professional did indeed act responsibly, maintain his natural human compsure, and used his common sense training to recognize and correctly deal with an unconscious perp, all while under the short timeframe of such a stressful situation, how then did the others act? Like mean, angry, raged, dumb unprofessional humans thirsty for blood and unable to rationalize? Like animals? Certainly not naturally human since that theory has been blown out of the water with this startling revelation. And if they lost their jobs over this inhuman or animal behavior, they might be further hurt by namecalling? On a Bills message board. Outrageous! We must come up with a polically correct name so as to not shame them any further. Brutality abled or some sort.

Could be this one cop is the aberration. Maybe he just didn't like the guy who was almost hit. He should expect to become the target of the enablers when these 5 fine men and their army of lawyers try to get their jobs back. That should make some happy.

What was the disposition of your latest arrest?

Whoa! It's a miracle! The impossible has been achieved! You mean there was one cop who was able to inexplicably control his emotions?! But I have read right here on the internet from such folks that eat crayons that we are holding these men to impossible human standards. I mean such a short time passed between their buddy almost being run over, and then encountering a limp, lifeless, motionless body that they subsequently savagely beat. It was understandable, even from well trained professionals (except this one guy), because it is only human to react that way when a buddy is "left for dead." Hell, with what little money they make it was almost expected of them to react that way.

If proven otherwise, and this professional did indeed act responsibly, maintain his natural human compsure, and used his common sense training to recognize and correctly deal with an unconscious perp, all while under the short timeframe of such a stressful situation, how then did the others act? Like mean, angry, raged, dumb unprofessional humans thirsty for blood and unable to rationalize? Like animals? Certainly not naturally human since that theory has been blown out of the water with this startling revelation. And if they lost their jobs over this inhuman or animal behavior, they might be further hurt by namecalling? On a Bills message board. Outrageous! We must come up with a polically correct name so as to not shame them any further. Brutality abled or some sort.

Could be this one cop is the aberration. Maybe he just didn't like the guy who was almost hit. He should expect to become the target of the enablers when these 5 fine men and their army of lawyers try to get their jobs back. That should make some happy.

Well, now you are confusing me. I don't think you're going to be a good TV producer if you yourself are unable to control your emotions. On our show we simply must demand that cops control their emotions in a matter of seconds. If not, they must lose their jobs and they must also be relentlessly mocked. No line can be drawn between the mocking and the loss of job. They must be seen as one and the same. Furthermore, all cops must be lumped together like "animals in a habitat". You are doing a good job at that part.

Now a TV producer doesn't have to control his emotions nearly as quickly, but over a multiple-day period he must. If he doesn't, he runs the slight risk of coming off as a rambling vendetta bent moron who is completely unable to use reading comprehension to understand what other people are writing. A little of this is good because the object of the show is to distort reality, but too much of this just exposes the producer as the vendetta driven moron I mentioned above. Do you think you can control your emotions long enough to read and understand a paragraph or two?

Guest dog14787
Well, now you are confusing me. I don't think you're going to be a good TV producer if you yourself are unable to control your emotions. On our show we simply must demand that cops control their emotions in a matter of seconds. If not, they must lose their jobs and they must also be relentlessly mocked. No line can be drawn between the mocking and the loss of job. They must be seen as one and the same. Furthermore, all cops must be lumped together like "animals in a habitat". You are doing a good job at that part.

Now a TV producer doesn't have to control his emotions nearly as quickly, but over a multiple-day period he must. If he doesn't, he runs the slight risk of coming off as a rambling vendetta bent moron who is completely unable to use reading comprehension to understand what other people are writing. A little of this is good because the object of the show is to distort reality, but too much of this just exposes the producer as the vendetta driven moron I mentioned above. Do you think you can control your emotions long enough to read and understand a paragraph or two?

Crayonz you have a very unique and effective way of debating things and I for one will never underestimate you again. :pirate:

Next time you see me struggling in an argument (especially with Deano) how about lending a helping crayon. :ph34r:

Since by your own admission you are easily confused, 1) these cops are still out of a job, 2) the impossible human standard you hid behind maybe isn't so impossible, 3) someone is sensitive to mocking said fired cops, and 4) so after all points are shot down we start making things up. Keep swinging.

every single time another one of these incidents is made public, it just means one thing:

if you want the police to act in a strictly professional manner with no chance of letting emotions or stupid decisions effect them, there is only one solution...

Robo-cop

Guest dog14787
Since by your own admission you are easily confused, 1) these cops are still out of a job, 2) the impossible human standard you hid behind maybe isn't so impossible, 3) someone is sensitive to mocking said fired cops, and 4) so after all points are shot down we start making things up. Keep swinging.

Give it up,

Judge, the OTW (Off the Wall) prosecution has done very little if anything to prove the Police Officers acted any differently than any other Police Officer would have under the circumstances and I recommend Dean and BuffaloDenny be held in contempt for their failure to produce enough sufficient evidence to suggest otherwise. :blink: