Bills bringing in Pisa Tinoisamoa

Heitz

Nothing against Keith Ellison, I like the kid, but I'd rather not see him start at LB for the Bills next season.

So, this move would definitely work for me. Better than rolling the dice and thinking Nic Harris can make an impact as a rookie, too.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of curiosity, how does Pisa rank compared to Crowell, Keiaho, and June?

better than keiaho and June, probably better than Crowell coming off the injury. Crowell was more of a run stuffer. Pisa is fast and athletic.

They've brought in several players who weren't signed. Keiaho, Winborn, and others. The knock on PT is he's not suited to play SAM, which is what Buffalo needs from a LB. Keiaho said Buffalo reverses the LB duties as opposed to a traditional T2, but it's anyone's guess how another sub 230 pound LB fits in today's NFL.

As another poster pointed out, he is listed as 6'1", 240lbs. http://www.nfl.com/players/pisatinoisamoa/...le?id=TIN225467 That is more than big enough for an OLB. And given PT's size, age, last year's production, and familiarity with the defense, he is far and away the best OLB out there. This would be great signing, especially this late in the off-season.

Nothing against Keith Ellison, I like the kid, but I'd rather not see him start at LB for the Bills next season.

So, this move would definitely work for me. Better than rolling the dice and thinking Nic Harris can make an impact as a rookie, too.

I don't think anyone would disagree that Ellison shouldn't be starting. It would be great to have Ellison as a ST demon and backup LB who has starting NFL experience.

better than keiaho and June, probably better than Crowell coming off the injury. Crowell was more of a run stuffer. Pisa is fast and athletic.

I think the notation of Crowell being a run stuffer is pretty overrated. Honestly if I had the choice of anyone of those LBs, I'd choose PT in a heartbeat.

As another poster pointed out, he is listed as 6'1", 240lbs. http://www.nfl.com/players/pisatinoisamoa/...le?id=TIN225467 That is more than big enough for an OLB. And given PT's size, age, last year's production, and familiarity with the defense, he is far and away the best OLB out there. This would be great signing, especially this late in the off-season.

In fairness, it was also pointed out in Tim's article he played at 220.

NFL.com has him listed as 6'1" 240 lbs...that would make him the biggest LB on the team..only by a few pounds tho...but he would be the only Lb in the 240's...my last post I wrote that maybe he plays only on run defense, but I can see him playing all downs...

I can see the LB core as:

Mitchell, Poz, Tinoisamoa, Harris, Thomas, Bowen, Costanzo

NFL.com has him listed as 6'1" 240 lbs...that would make him the biggest LB on the team..only by a few pounds tho...but he would be the only Lb in the 240's...my last post I wrote that maybe he plays only on run defense, but I can see him playing all downs...

I'd be shocked to see DiGi or Ellsion get cut.

One of the beat reporters for the Rams said Pisa played last year at 220. It's hard to say what his ideal weight would be. He sure doesn't look 240.

is this another classic case of everyone just wanting the bills to sign someone to sign someone? yes it is.

nobody is concerned why the leading tackler for one of the worst teams in football is being cut? i am sure he is not a bad player, but he is not a difference maker-or this would be news somewhere other than the afc east blog on espn.com.

2 lbs in DJ's D typically. lets bring in levi for a physical and see what kind of shape he is before the bills throw money out there to make it look like they are doing something for the fans. OT and DT are FAR bigger needs than olb for this team.

sorry about being a debbie downer here, the situation sounds fishy. besides...raise your hand if you have seen(or heard of) this guy play-somewhere other than on youtube? ...silence

BF'89--you really think we need another DE? Denney can flip, Spencer Johnson can play both, Ellis and Maybin all can back up Schobel....

I agree on the DT by the way--but I am willing to give McCargo a chance with new Coaching and attention from Bob Sanders.

Yeah Schobel is an injury risk and are you confident that if he goes down we will have a good pass rush. Maybin can't anchor the pass rush and Denny, Ellis, and Johnson are nice but no way would I go with them long term they are role players. So yeah I think they need a D-end to keep us from relying on Scholbel so much. And I am not too high on Kelsay taking a step up if Schobel gets hurt.

I'd be shocked to see DiGi or Ellsion get cut.

yea but seriously..if Digi or Ellison were all that good, why would Buffalo even look at other LB's?..depth?

I could see maybe keeping Ellison over Costanzo...I can't see them outright cutting Bowens when they still don't know what he can bring...Ellison's 73 tackles and 2 pass defensed can sit on the bench or sit at home...I'm ok with either aslong as he's not starting...Digi is coming off an injury year, but he had a good year in 2007 tho...both are kinda small at 229 pounds each tho

is this another classic case of everyone just wanting the bills to sign someone to sign someone? yes it is.

nobody is concerned why the leading tackler for one of the worst teams in football is being cut? i am sure he is not a bad player, but he is not a difference maker-or this would be news somewhere other than the afc east blog on espn.com.

2 lbs in DJ's D typically. lets bring in levi for a physical and see what kind of shape he is before the bills throw money out there to make it look like they are doing something for the fans. OT and DT are FAR bigger needs than olb for this team.

sorry about being a debbie downer here, the situation sounds fishy. besides...raise your hand if you have seen(or heard of) this guy play-somewhere other than on youtube? ...silence

he's a very good player. if you haven't heard of him, it's because the rams haven't garnered a lot of national attention with their terrible record.

he was released because new head coach steve spagnuolo prefers bigger linebackers in his D, not because he can't play.