Rams released LB Pisa Tinoisamoa

the best player besides Jason Elam to come out of Hawaii. best overall player. Elam is a kicker. I mean i cant believe hes released! whats going on. this is the bills chance to get a soon to be pro bowler. go after him Russ!!!!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I could be wrong, but thought that Mitchell played primarily the SAM and Ellison the WILL. When Mitchell blitzed, Scott picked up the TE.

We would be looking to upgrade from Ellison at the WILL spot.

I was under the impression that in the Tampa-2 defense, the WLB and SLB positions were opposite of the conventional systems. Meaning basically that Mitchell was the WLB and Ellison played SLB. Crowell was the SLB last offseason and would have started the season that way had he not been on IR. I thought I read that when Crowell as put on IR that they would not switch Mitchell over to the SLB spot because he couldn't cover as well.

Is this just an arguement of semantics, or is there really a difference? I was under the impression that in our defense you want a SLB who can cover the TE and stand up against the run, while the WLB is always the free man on every play, as long as all the players play their gaps correctly. I believe that Briggs plays SLB in Chicago.

Can someone clarify for me?

Sorry if I missed it, but what is your take on Levi?

Tough guy, chronic bum knee, missed half the year the past two seasons, plays with injury. Last 2 seasons, when he was in, he tended to played wide resulting in the LG having to move out and abandon inside responsibility, and the C getting pushed back or shoved around. Chalk that up to injury, I guess. It was out of character.

He went out on IR for the season during game #10. He wasn't missed...#4 '08 pick, OT Anthony Collins did a better overall job. CIN's run game was certainly more effective with him out of the lineup... in top shape, Jones impressed me as a fair run blocker, but never as one of those that sticks in memory as making that big, key block through the years.

If he's at 100% given the usual wear and tear, he will be somebody's bargain. But that's the thing - his last 3 years were ones of physical degradation.

Im from the Rams country, and I get to see this guy play quite a bit. Hes got a lot of talent but makes a lot of mistakes. However, he is better than anyone the Bills have right now at OLB.

Anyone know how long his neck is?

That joke is sooooo bad I'm gonna have to let the cat punch you. PUNCH!!

Sorry if I missed it, but what is your take on Levi?

I like them better than Wranglers. :P

It's probably also worth mentioning that Perry Fewell was coaching the Rams for a couple/three years when Tinosamoa was there.....

I was going to mention that as well. I'm sure that Fewell and Brandon have had some talks about this already. He might be more inclined to come here if he liked Fewell as a coach. JMO

Has a team ever won with a Pizza man and a Pisa dude though?

PUNCH!! for that hideous joke!

Anyhoo, the scouting reports I read about him say he plays with good body lean. :D

Uh-oh, the cat didn't like that one either. PUNCH!! Just for that I'm buying the cheap cat food for awhile. <_<

Uh-oh - looks like the Pats may be interested (per Rotoworld):

The Boston Globe suggests the Patriots could be interested in recently released LB Pisa Tinoisamoa.

Pisa may be a bit undersized for Bill Belichick's scheme, but the team could use another inside linebacker after losing third-rounder Tyrone McKenzie to a season-ending knee injury.

Source: Boston Globe

Which means that he'll likely sign with the dark side even if our offer is twice that of theirs....

The Patriots might make a move for Pisa

Apparently 3rd round LB Tyrone McKenzie is out for the season for the Pats!!!!

I was just thinking about that....that would suck horribly....Bills need to get it together and go after this guy for sure.

220 pounds?

Did I hear that right?

He needs to gain at least 20-25 more pounds

It's the Bills. They have 5 LBs in the 220s, or lighter, and only one over 240.

A move that would make me believe we're serious about winning a Super Bowl in the next 2-3 years.

Really?? Another small linebacker released from one of the worst teams in the league and this would get you thinking about the SB?