Levi Jones cut

If the Bills want him, it should have been a done deal

weeks ago. It isn't tampering, unless you get caught.

Personally, I'd bring him in. Like our prospects

on the o-line, but wouldn't mind adding some veteran

talent so we wouldn't need to depend on the rookies

so quickly.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We should bring him in for a look, but I can understand if we don't.

Signing Jones means we don't dress Wood, Levitre, Chambers, Bell, or Butler. Probably Levitre or Bell. Levitre or Bell then becomes a backup if a lineman is out for a game. Will this hinder their development? The upshot is that it basically takes the risk out of shuffling the right side of the line as well as depending on Levitre or Bell being a player this year.

We could have a pair of Levi's (Jones and Levitre) on our O-line.

Can't have enough good O-linemen.

Circumspection is in order...money counts, but in the scheme of things, cutting an LT still effective to save 3M...ummm. Maybe he still can bring the goods..dunno.

A few years ago, he was chirping about not getting enough "love" from the B'gals - the newspaper showed him leaning on his $1M+ Bugatti Veyron. Love hurts. :wallbash:

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/beng...6d-010172613abc

You wouldn't even consider Hangartner on the bench?

Not a chance, if you believe what Brandon said about how strongly they pursued him in FA (and I do).

To me this is a no brainer.....you bring him in on a incentive laden contract and let everyone battle it out in camp for their spots.....

I am quite sure that Wood and Levitre are going to do fine as rookies....but what happens if one of them should progress slower then we anticipate? What injuries?

You bring in a veteran for insurance purposes.

If we bring him in, either Langston Walker, Butler, or Levitre goes to the bench. All three of those guys are quality lineman (Levitre should be, at least).

I bet it would be Hangartner to get the bench and move Wood to center because that is what he is best at

This guy hasn't been able to play at a high level in almost 3 years. If you bring him in, and go through the camps with him at LT, Wood, Hangartner, Butler, Walker... and then get into the season and find out he can't play anymore (which he's already proved) then you've got to re-shuffle the entire line (to the way we have it now) except they haven't had the offseason to practice and get comfortable in their new spots.

Looks like a move the bills might actually make. He won't get much interest from other teams so he could come cheap. Like 2.5 million guaranteed with another two million in incentives for two years. It is a move that is worth the risk because there is so little risk involved

I'd be pretty happy with

LT Jones

RG Wood

C Hamgartner

RG Butler

RT Walker

+2

What's the downside to giving Jones a look, if his contract demands are modest and he has something to prove? Levitre, McKinney, Chambers and the Bell Boys can be depth.