Kelsay too?

What do we do with Owens? Was he brought in for window dressing or did we just change plans on the fly? Are we trying to win this year or not. I'm getting mixed signals.

Well said. Either way, not a good state of affairs for the FO. We bring in TO which obviously says win now and save DJs job, but we are in full rebuild mode with salary dumps and stockpiling draft picks. Who's running the show over there at OBD? Sounds like a schizophreniac. This JP situation can't be a surprise to anybody there. Why not just blow the thing up and bring in a new coach from the get go. Now we have to waste another season, bring in a new coach and system, requiring different personnel (which may render all these draft picks useless), yaddayaddayadda. :D

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said. Either way, not a good state of affairs for the FO. We bring in TO which obviously says win now and save DJs job, but we are in full rebuild mode with salary dumps and stockpiling draft picks. Who's running the show over there at OBD? Sounds like a schizophreniac. This JP situation can't be a surprise to anybody there. Why not just blow the thing up and bring in a new coach from the get go. Now we have to waste another season, bring in a new coach and system, requiring different personnel (which may render all these draft picks useless), yaddayaddayadda. :D

T.O. was brought in to appease the disgruntled fan base, sell tickets, and merchandise. It was a marketing decision that had nothing to do with competing for wins.

T.O. was brought in to appease the disgruntled fan base, sell tickets, and merchandise. It was a marketing decision that had nothing to do with competing for wins.

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but I think if they were committed to winning this year and didn't dismantle their OL and create new holes which will now have to be addressed through the draft instead of filling previously existing holes, they could've been successful with TO. But now with rebuild mode upon us, what's the point? Trent won't survive behind whatever they put out there. It's just idiotic to begin rebuilding with a coach you know isn't going to be here. After a wasted season and a new coach, it kinda makes all these draft picks they're stockpiling useless, as they won't be "his guys" and don't know if they'll necessarily fit whatever system he'll bring with him. Then again, they'll probably keep DJ for "continuity." :D

Thats such BS...no way the FO takes the risk of the damage TO could cause to our young fragile QB that they hope can develop into our franchise QB just to sell tickets...

Man, the fans on this board come up with some doozies...

The side effect is lots of press, but rest assured, they won't risk Edwards future to only sell tickets...

People who say crap like this have never played football...there isnt a guy in that locker room or sideline that doesnt want to win...there isnt a guy in the FO that doesnt want to win...winning allows people to keep their jobs...our team is promising enough that with some moves we will be a playoff team....they arent just gonna say the hell with it.

:D:wallbash::wallbash:

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but I think if they were committed to winning this year and didn't dismantle their OL and create new holes which will now have to be addressed through the draft instead of filling previously existing holes, they could've been successful with TO. But now with rebuild mode upon us, what's the point? Trent won't survive behind whatever they put out there. It's just idiotic to begin rebuilding with a coach you know isn't going to be here. After a wasted season and a new coach, it kinda makes all these draft picks they're stockpiling useless, as they won't be "his guys" and don't know if they'll necessarily fit whatever system he'll bring with him. Then again, they'll probably keep DJ for "continuity." :wallbash:

More rebuild non sense...fans here are hilarious

:wallbash::D:worthy:

Is there a single poster on this site that wants Kelsey on the Bills? I've seen a fair share of disliked players in the past, but Kelsey may be the first one that has everyone against him. Rob Royal too I guess - losing these guys truly is the epitome of addition by subtraction.

Robert Royal would actually single handed lose us games with a key drop. The guy just pissed me off with his play. Kelsay got a fairly large contract out of nowhere, forced us to then re-negotiate with Schobel, and does nothing on the field. When Schobel went down, you still never heard Kelsay's name on the field. Then, he had the balls to make the statement to the media that the Pass Rush needs to be a major focus of the FO, forgetting that that was supposed to be his job. People don't hate Denney because he is paid to fit, and plays to fit, his role. Kelsay gets paid like and talks like a influential starter, when he is neither.

If there is something else I'm missing, please feel free to chime in.

Thats such BS...no way the FO takes the risk of the damage TO could cause to our young fragile QB that they hope can develop into our franchise QB just to sell tickets...

Man, the fans on this board come up with some doozies...

The side effect is lots of press, but rest assured, they won't risk Edwards future to only sell tickets...

People who say crap like this have never played football...there isnt a guy in that locker room or sideline that doesnt want to win...there isnt a guy in the FO that doesnt want to win...winning allows people to keep their jobs...our team is promising enough that with some moves we will be a playoff team....they arent just gonna say the hell with it.

:wallbash::wallbash::worthy:

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain...just keep buying the mechandise. :rolleyes::D:rolleyes:

38 td's and 3,500 receiving yards in the last 3 years

PLS STFU

But the seats would be empty

The seats have been close to full for the last decade with the Bills sucking hind tit. Making some changes to remove underachievers and malcontents can only be seen as a positive from most Bills fans.

If the Bills can find a sucker to take on Kelsay's salary AND give us a pick in return(I'll take a 4, 5 or even a 6), it will be a great move.

38 td's and 3,500 receiving yards in the last 3 years

PLS STFU

...So perhaps I shouldn't have said "T.O.'s signing had nothing to do with competing for wins". The fact is though, the move WAS primarily a marketing ploy. If you are unable to see that Ralph Wilson is more concerned about the bottom line than the win/loss column, you're not paying attention. Peters and Dockery, two of our best three O-linemen from last season, are gone. The whole left side of the line will have to be rebuilt, so the replacement roller coaster continues. If we don't successfully replace Peters and Dockery, as well as add depth, you could have 4 T.O.'s and it wouldn't make a difference. Trent will not find anyone from his back or on the sideline.

PLS SMD

When Kelsay was re-signed, and admittedly it's easy to say now, I didn't like the move. He was on the verge of UFA, teams were apparently looking at him, and Marv forked over 4 yrs 23M. I don't think most people figured he was worth it.

Looking back, it's another case of making one move which necessitates another. Schobel then needed a deal as well, despite having multiple years on his contract. Marv then signed Dockery, precipitating the Peters thing, and the rest is history.

If the Bills trade Kelsay, it's yet another indication that Marv Levy and the circle jerks had no idea what they were doing. Unfortunately, the only person not in the front office now is Marv. All the same people, regardless of a track record worse than a NY Governor, still make decisions.

I would be giddy to see this team get out from under the huge contract they gave that wacky waiving inflatable arm flailing tube man. If we could trade him for a bag of popcorn I'd be psyched!