6 years 54 million dollars

Again, the same rumor on the other board said that the Bills never went over 8 million.

Not that I really believe either of those rumors, unless he gets 35 mil guaranteed.

I understand about the 8 Mil...but do we know the number of years the Bills were offering? The guaranteed money? The way the deal was structured salary wise (1st-to-last)? I have to think all of those things play a part.

Sirius NFL Radio

Eagles pay Jason Peters 6 years $55 Million for their new Pro Bowl LT

If that's true, $9.166M a year is hardly close to being the highest-paid LT in the game. That basically proves that Peters wanted out, period.

If these numbers are right, then the front office should be fired if they offered him less.

If he signed for less than the Bills were offering, then maybe the situation was unavoidable. I would still like to know how things evolved into such a disaster.

If these numbers are right, then the front office should be fired if they offered him less.

If he signed for less than the Bills were offering, then maybe the situation was unavoidable. I would still like to know how things evolved into such a disaster.

Two words: Eugene Parker.