Michael Oher

Mopreme

So what type of lens does that make the Bills? The reverse peephole Kramer used in his door? Or an eyepatch?

So did Marv. TD was three plus years and four off-seasons ago.

The team was in FAR better shape when Marv left. I don't see how any sane person can dispute that.

I should note, I have no idea what your first point means.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael Oher got a 19 on his Wonderlic http://ballhype.com/story/georgia_s_matthe...s_out_with_nfl/

Jason Peters got a 9 http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f4/che...ores-27095.html

Lazy/Less motivated than Mike Williams? And your evidence of that? :worthy:

From War Room and Nawrocki:

"Oher has the size, strength and athleticism to be an elite left tackle, but didn't play like it last year, raising major concerns. Details about his learning struggles have hurt his draft stock because teams are concerned about whether he can handle the mental side of the game.

"Struggles to pick up complex blocking schemes"

"Not physically or mentally tough and does not have a great feel for the game. Looks disinterested at times and can be late to recognize the blitz. Has been coddled throughout college, and his desire, passion for the game and football intelligence are questionable. Will require extra attention to absorb a playbook and is best when assignments are kept simple. Raised questions about his passion and pysche in team interviews."

"Questions persist about how easily he will be able to transition to the pro game. It could take years before he is ready and may need to be brought along slowly. A team investing a high pick had better be certain it properly has identified his intelligence and motivation levels and evaluated the environment he will be entering before pulling the trigger."

But hey, he scored higher than JP on the wonderlic. :unsure:

I'm just at a loss right now with this organization. Taking a step forward and then multiple ones in reverse.

I get that some people love to be optimistic and that's fine.

But I think it gets old hoping and wishing the team is successful. I want to see some proof the team intends to be competitive and will remain in WNY. Nothing is certain in life, and I don't want to be a doubting Thomas, but losing gets old.

I've been to 3 primetime games since 07 where I've seen this team get blown out or lose in the waning moments. I want to win, and it hasn't happened. When they had the chance to change things up, they refused, citing continuity. That's why I'm amazed more aren't seeing the bigger picture here.

Chris Kelsay is still employed on this team pulling in 6 million dollars a year. Their head coach, who has a ridiculous 7 out of 8 years losing record as a head coach, just got a freaking pay raise and a 3 years extension. Not only has he yet to have a winning record for us, he has yet to beat a good team.

But they get pissed that their pro-bowl LT of the future wants the going rate for his services and so they deal him for basically what amounts to a high second round draft pick while creating a gaping whole for which they will patchwork a couple of rookies and scrub offensive lineman, knowing full well their starting QB has the fragility of a china doll.

The Buffalo Bills...where every good to great player leaves, every over-rated "high-motor" player gets a new contract and every average free agent acquired from other teams get boat loads of money. Wash, rinse and repeat. We really do have morons running our team.

Then stop posting and wasting every one's time with your worthless posts. Geez if the Bilsl made me as miserable as they appearing do to you, I would find another hobby.

The team was in FAR better shape when Marv left. I don't see how any sane person can dispute that.

I should note, I have no idea what your first point means.

Dean, I know you're a big Marv fan. But you're too invested in him to admit there were several errors made, both known on the day they were made and in hindsight.

Trouble is, had Marv been as successful as a GM, Buffalo wouldn't be in the hole they are now. His worst judgment was hiring DJ, and we both know it. The biggest decision he had to make was the worst. That does not constitute success, average, anything.

Your point?

The Wonderlic is a terrible test for intelligence. It has some specific purposes, but for innate intelligence, it is close to worthless. It also isn't a very good test of football intelligence.

When you are as prepared as I am to discuss methodology, testing bias, and the like, I will continue the conversation. Posting links to a website with no credentials to be passing judgment on these kinds of test, doesn't count as a reasonable rebuttal.

Dean, I know you're a big Marv fan. But you're too invested in him to admit there were several errors made, both known on the day they were made and in hindsight.

Trouble is, had Marv been as successful as a GM, Buffalo wouldn't be in the hole they are now. His worst judgment was hiring DJ, and we both know it. The biggest decision he had to make was the worst. That does not constitute success, average, anything.

I have no problem admitting Marv made mistakes, the biggest probably being the hiring of DJ (although I understand his reasons, I think).

But, that is FAR from the point. All GM's make mistakes...every single one. I don't agree with everything you think is an error, that is true. But, let's not pretend the team was in fine shape, and Marv made it bad. The team was in horrible shape, when Marv took over.

Marv signed Peters to a very fair deal at the time that Peters choose not to honor. But sure pin that on Marv too.

I don't doubt that Bell will be a good tackle, but i doubt he is ready to play on a high level. Bell is extremely athletic with very quick feet, but suffers from lapses in technique and needs to add upper body strength.

(but who knows,... he is probably much stronger with a year in an NFL conditioning program)

All you and I know about Bell is what we saw last preseason. I would hope that his technique and strength have both taken quantum leaps. We'll see...

Then stop posting and wasting every one's time with your worthless posts. Geez if the Bilsl made me as miserable as they appearing do to you, I would find another hobby.

My new hobby is to piss off you and all the other mindless cadets who get smacked around by your team yet still reply "thank you sir may I have another," by exposing every embarrassing bowel movement made by this teams' truly pathetic decision-makers. My new hobby is clearly going to be keeping me quite busy. They've now reached the Matt Millen sub-level stages of incompetence. :D

The one thing I DO NOT want to see the Bills do with #11 is try to draft a replacement for Peters at 11. Just go with the plan as it was before. Peters' replacement is already in Buffalo and for better or worse that's how it will play out for next season. A rookie isn't going to be able to step in and play LT at a pro bowl level anyway.

The Buffalo Bills FO and Ralph Wilson can go f@#k themselves.

And I'm sure that by week 9 and Peters has still yet to report you'd be saying "The Buffalo Bills FO and Ralph Wilson can go f@#k themselves, why didn't we get something for Peters when we had the chance!!".