Needs aside, the player you want most

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cushing, makes plays, can rush the passer, has toughness which we lack. Plays with an attitude that we lack. Is a northeast guy. And by the way I could care less if he sucks in "coverage". We need LB's who can tackle.

Our defense need linebackers that can cover and tackle. Hopefully Cushing can do both

In particular order:

1.) Aaron Curry, OLB, Wake Forest

2.) Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas

3.) Tyson Jackson, DE, L.S.U.

4.) Alex Mack, C, California

5.) Cornelius Ingram, TE, Florida

6.) Duke Robinson, OLG, Oklahoma

7.) Evander "Ziggy" Hood, DT, Missouri

8.) Brian Cushing, OLB, U.S.C.

9.) Eric Wood, C, Louisville

10.) Chase Coffman, TE, Missouri

ANY combination of 3 of these guys in the first 3 rounds would make this an Excellent draft year!!

In particular order:

1.) Aaron Curry, OLB, Wake Forest

2.) Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas

3.) Tyson Jackson, DE, L.S.U.

4.) Alex Mack, C, California

5.) Cornelius Ingram, TE, Florida

6.) Duke Robinson, OLG, Oklahoma

7.) Evander "Ziggy" Hood, DT, Missouri

8.) Brian Cushing, OLB, U.S.C.

9.) Eric Wood, C, Louisville

10.) Chase Coffman, TE, Missouri

ANY combination of 3 of these guys in the first 3 rounds would make this an Excellent draft year!!

I want Rey Maualuga. Poz can play outside.

I'm tired of soft defenses. Bill Parcells has continually shown how to succeed in the NFL.

Get the biggest, baddest defensive front seven you can amass, and the rest falls into place.

Maualuga fits that mold.

What makes you think Poz can play outside?

All-American Selection: 2005, 2006

Outside linebacker, 2005-06, Aliquippa, Pa., selected by the Associated Press, Football Writers Association of America, The Sporting News and Walter Camp Football Foundation in 2005 and the AP and Walter Camp Football Foundation in 2006

He was a damn good outside linebacker in college, he won both the Bednarik Award and Dick Butkus Award in 2005 as a left outside linebacker. In 44 games at Penn State, Posluszny started 37 times, including 20 at left outside linebacker, 11 on the right side and six in the middle. I'd say not only could he play outside, but he'd be better outside. :thumbsup:

All-American Selection: 2005, 2006

Outside linebacker, 2005-06, Aliquippa, Pa., selected by the Associated Press, Football Writers Association of America, The Sporting News and Walter Camp Football Foundation in 2005 and the AP and Walter Camp Football Foundation in 2006

He was a damn good outside linebacker in college, he won both the Bednarik Award and Dick Butkus Award in 2005 as a left outside linebacker. In 44 games at Penn State, Posluszny started 37 times, including 20 at left outside linebacker, 11 on the right side and six in the middle. I'd say not only could he play outside, but he'd be better outside. :thumbsup:

I know he PLAYED outside in college, I just don't really see him as an OLB in the NFL. From what I can see he is too slow. But, maybe I'm missing something, here.

I know some here don't like him in the middle, but I think he's doing fine, there. Hell, maybe he would do well outside...I just hate creating another hole instead of filling the holes the team already has.

I want Rey Maualuga. Poz can play outside.

I'm tired of soft defenses. Bill Parcells has continually shown how to succeed in the NFL.

Get the biggest, baddest defensive front seven you can amass, and the rest falls into place.

Maualuga fits that mold.

Reaching or not, in whatever round, I want a stud center who can take over for the next 10 years and quarterback the OL like Kent Hull during his 10 years here! If the circle-jerks have that guy high on their board, and are convinced he won't be there in the second round, then damn it trade down, gain another pick or two, and draft him late in the first round if he just isn't "#11" worthy!!