Florida

Retired form the Army and got tired of the snow in Maine. Grew up in Pittsford. Moved here and my wife is at school to become a certified a Harley Davidson mechanic. The weather is oppressive at times, but shoveling snow is not an option anymore.

Retired form the Army and got tired of the snow in Maine. Grew up in Pittsford. Moved here and my wife is at school to become a certified a Harley Davidson mechanic. The weather is oppressive at times, but shoveling snow is not an option anymore.

Lemme be the first to say who cares and next time please post something relevant

Lemme be the first to say who cares and next time please post something relevant

It took you more time to type your response than it did to read the thread. Why do people feel it's necessary to try and knock people down a peg when all the guy was trying to do was make a little conversation. I understand that this is a Bills board and his post was simply stating what he heard down here in FL. The way I interpreted it was that GOBILLS78 asked cool with a ? and all he did was answer the question. But if it makes you feel better slamming somebody down to the ground instead of typing nothing at all, then by all means, have fun with my post as well.

The weather is oppressive at times, but shoveling snow is not an option anymore.

No, but Hurricane season lasts from June unil November.

You can go out and play in snowstorm, Hurricane, not so much.

I'm seriously considering leaving Syracuse and heading for Florida. Not for the weather, though. The cost of real estate there seems so low compared to CNY. Jacksonville, Tampa - anywhere!

I'm tired of what winters do to cars up here.

Plus lots of Bills fans in FL, apparently.

The problem with a lot of sports radio not in the particular city is that they go by what they hear in the news and not by sources close to the situation and they do not really care like we do in Buffalo. Lynch has done some dumb things but he is VERY well liked by his teammates and coaches and is a hard worker and plays hard as well. He is still VERY young and this may ultimately play in the Bills favor as when it comes to the second contract he will not be "worth" as much.

Don't let people get you down.....if I could be in Florida for Jan-March I'd be there is a second. Great state, great weather 8 mos a year and NO state tax as well as property taxes about half of Buffalo. A lot of positives.

your wife wants to be a harley mechanic? good luck, the money these days is in japanese bikes :flirt:

I'm a yamaha technician

your wife wants to be a harley mechanic? good luck, the money these days is in japanese bikes :flirt:

I'm a yamaha technician

Cool.

What are your thoughts on the WR250R?

I'm thinking about picking one up here this coming spring.

Cool.

What are your thoughts on the WR250R?

I'm thinking about picking one up here this coming spring.

I haven't had a chance to ride one, but they are pretty bad-ass from what i hear. they'll do 80 mph on the street easily. if your doing more street riding than dirt, the WR250X is the way to go, it has slick tires instead of knobby's. and probably 80 miles per gallon

Thanks for your service. I did six years 93-99. 19 Kilo, what was your MOS.

I haven't had a chance to ride one, but they are pretty bad-ass from what i hear. they'll do 80 mph on the street easily. if your doing more street riding than dirt, the WR250X is the way to go, it has slick tires instead of knobby's. and probably 80 miles per gallon

The wr250x is impossible to find for a test ride down here on the South Island.

I'd probably still stick with the off-road version though... there's just too much dirt to explore down here.

My brother is trying to talk me into getting the Kawasaki KLX250s. He says it's a much better bang for the buck.

any thoughts?

I'm seriously considering leaving Syracuse and heading for Florida. Not for the weather, though. The cost of real estate there seems so low compared to CNY. Jacksonville, Tampa - anywhere!

I'm tired of what winters do to cars up here.

Plus lots of Bills fans in FL, apparently.

As long as you wanna have your kids enrolled in the 50th ranked state in the country for education - come on down!

Oh, and our economy is going down the crapper faster than the rest of the country. :flirt:

As long as you wanna have your kids enrolled in the 50th ranked state in the country for education - come on down!

Oh, and our economy is going down the crapper faster than the rest of the country. :flirt:

You wanna pay ridiculous school taxes like we do here in NY? I attended the Liverpool schools and I never experienced anything that great!

The FL economy is creating major home BUYING opportunities down there for people like me!