Me and my wife discussed this this a.m.

We just do NOT understand how this race could be so close and how anyone could take John Kerry seriously....

- The guy does not stand behind any REAL convictions......

- Dont like his stance on something....just take a walk around the block and check back in....it will likely have changed....but dont wait too long....because it will likely change again.....

- Anybody who could throw away their service medals (which I value) the way he did has no respect for anything....it just goes to show you he DID NOT EARN THEM

The only thing I can think of is people are so upset with the way certain things are going that ANYTHING would be better then what is going on now.....

You know what folks....I CAN (and if Kerry wins it will) GET MUCH WORSE

Dont just vote for Kerry because you hate Bush....Christ....vote for Bugs Bunny...Nadar....Michael Jordan....whatever

We just do NOT understand how this race could be so close and how anyone could take John Kerry seriously....

- The guy does not stand behind any REAL convictions......

- Dont like his stance on something....just take a walk around the block and check back in....it will likely have changed....but dont wait too long....because it will likely change again.....

- Anybody who could throw away their service medals (which I value) the way he did has no respect for anything....it just goes to show you he DID NOT EARN THEM

The only thing I can think of is people are so upset with the way certain things are going that ANYTHING would be better then what is going on now.....

You know what folks....I CAN (and if Kerry wins it will) GET MUCH WORSE

Dont just vote for Kerry because you hate Bush....Christ....vote for Bugs Bunny...Nadar....Michael Jordan....whatever

97649[/snapback]

As I've screamed from the rooftops, if you want to vote for Kerry, please don't do it based on defense. But, what's done is done. People who have shown repeatedly that they have no understanding whatsoever will vote Kerry because "He'll bring our boys home from Iraq", or something similar.

I value mine too. I earned them. Funny how, when I know there's probably people here that have earned a purple heart, and more, I don't recall seeing anyone posting about it. That's all we heard for quite a while during this campaign from the hero himself. True heros don't shout it from the rooftops.

I'm not enamored with GWB either. Even speaking in terms of defense, I have seen a lot that has made me wince. That said, his administration has learned, and things actually are a lot better. For crying out loud, this is the first administration in history that has had this much to learn and adapt to on the fly, and you want it to be perfect? Sure you do, we all do, but the reality is it isn't.

Kerry is the one who has played to your fears, and told you what you want to hear. Now, if he gets elected, he'll continue to tell you what you want to hear-and you'll be happy. What you want to hear, and what is reality very often conflict.

Whatever happens, I'll always respect the hell out of George W. Bush for not telling you what you want to hear. If he loses this election, that's why.