Am I the only one

BeastMode54

I dont want to jump the gun on this but that really ugly nasty feeling in the pit of my stomach is starting. I had that same feeling when I found out that we were not going to get rid of DJ because we gave him a contract and didn't want to eat it.

God I hope I am wrong......

Ah, that all to familiar UGLY, NASTY FEELING IN THE PIT OF MY STOMACH!

You, Sir, are a life-long Bills fan!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to say, but Greer and Dockery are better players than anyone the Bills will sign this year as a free agent.

I really, really hope the Bills had some plan letting Greer, Dockery, Fowler and Preston go.

Not that Fowler and Preston were that great, but now we have exactly ZERO centers.

I just can't believe they would hand walking papers to all of them without knowing they

would land at least a center and guard in FA.

Then again, I wouldn't put anything past this team.

I'm annoyed seeing NFL Network spend 10 minutes on the Patriots and Jets upgrading their roster, as well as Miami....and we have not done one thing to improve the team other than cut 2 players.

What have they done? Taylor hasnt signed yet, Bart Scott hasnt signed yet and may end up staying in Balt still, and Miami kept their own players....

Geezus, its the first day of FA and this board is nothing but negative doom and gloom...

It was only when TD got here that we started being super active in free agency.

I think the old way of doing things was better, though less exciting: (a) have good drafts; (b) re-sign your best players; and © use free agency to get depth guys.

This is what a lot of successful teams do (e.g., Steelers).

In 1995, the Bills signed Paup and Ted Washington.

I'm annoyed seeing NFL Network spend 10 minutes on the Patriots and Jets upgrading their roster, as well as Miami....and we have not done one thing to improve the team other than cut 2 players.

Who have the Dolphins signed that wasn't already on their roster? Gabril Wilson.

The Jets? Bart Scott and Tony Richardson.

The Cheatriots*? Fred Taylor and Chris Baker.

Relax - it's day one of free agency. The Bills will land a marquee player shortly.

It was only when TD got here that we started being super active in free agency.

I think the old way of doing things was better, though less exciting: (a) have good drafts; (b) re-sign your best players; and © use free agency to get depth guys.

This is what a lot of successful teams do (e.g., Steelers).

You're exactly right with this. And we seem to have replaced the philosophy you've described with the following:

1) Draft for immediate need, even if it means reaching for a player.

2) Spend plenty of first round picks on CBs, even if each and every one goes first contract and out.

3) Spend lots of first round picks on RBs, even if RBs typically have short useful careers. Who cares about the long term when a RB can give you a quick fix?

4) Completely ignore the offensive line on the first day of the draft. Offensive line starters are to be found among overpaid, second-tier free agents.

Who have the Dolphins signed that wasn't already on their roster? Gabril Wilson.

Relax - it's day one of free agency. The Bills will land a marquee player shortly.

And actually, Tony Richardson did re-sign with the Jets. He didn't come from another team.

Ryan Fitzpatrick, no?