DeAngelo Hall - wtf

/dev/null

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/foot...l.ap/index.html

Redskins re-sign overrated 1st round bust to a 6 year / $54M deal

Well you should be happy then that some other team p*ssed away their money.

The $8 million per only matches what Hayden got from Indy so it doesn't inflate the market.

Any other team that wastes its money should make you happy. Breathe deeply dude.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/foot...l.ap/index.html

Redskins re-sign overrated 1st round bust to a 6 year / $54M deal

Fine by me the skins signed him. Just shows how

overrated he is. Same with Haynesworth, people

suspect he had a great season last year because

he was in a contract year.

Status quo for the skins signing names others talk

about to try and make a splash.

What I don't understand is the foreskins are reported to be something like 8.1 million under the cap (one of the teams with the least cap room in the NFL) and they just spent somewhere in the neighborhood of 150 million in free agent contracts, there are teams with 4, 5, 6 times the cap room ..... how can the skins spend like this without mortgaging their future????

I understand that they don't need to fit "contract value" under a single years cap ....... but SHEESH ..... the guarenteed monies are going to be accelerated at some point or another.

What I don't understand is the foreskins are reported to be something like 8.1 million under the cap (one of the teams with the least cap room in the NFL) and they just spent somewhere in the neighborhood of 150 million in free agent contracts, there are teams with 4, 5, 6 times the cap room ..... how can the skins spend like this without mortgaging their future????

I understand that they don't need to fit "contract value" under a single years cap ....... but SHEESH ..... the guarenteed monies are going to be accelerated at some point or another.

Buy now, pay later.

Thought the same thing when I saw those contracts. They must be thinking about cutting some fat in the next few days. They have 4 CBs making starter money. A few overpaid lineman, expensive LBs...

Maybe London will see the door, i dont know

They overpaid for Hall, yes, but first round bust? Hardly, unless your Atlanta. Yeah he's a problem child, but that hasn't shown up yet in DC.

I think he's poor play in the first 8 games had a lot more to do with Oakland than it did with him. He played pretty well in Wash last year while learning a new system.

The Skins are betting the farm on there being no CBA and an un-capped 2010 season. You can be certain Danny Snyder is going to strongly oppose any and all CBA proposals now.

Thought the same thing when I saw those contracts. They must be thinking about cutting some fat in the next few days. They have 4 CBs making starter money. A few overpaid lineman, expensive LBs...

Maybe London will see the door, i dont know

They overpaid for Hall, yes, but first round bust? Hardly, unless your Atlanta. Yeah he's a problem child, but that hasn't shown up yet in DC.

I think he's poor play in the first 8 games had a lot more to do with Oakland than it did with him. He played pretty well in Wash last year while learning a new system.

So then how was Nnamdi thriving in the same system?

So then how was Nnamdi thriving in the same system?

Nnamdi never got thrown two. Lockdown corners dont get too many balls thrown their way and the other guy gets picked on. Yeah, he sucked and wasnt a good fit in that defense, but if you watched any raider games (or even our game for example) do you remember how long Trent had to throw? Their D line sucked, had no pressure and their secondary had to cover for 4-5 seconds every play.

He wasnt ready to play in Oaklands wide open system because he never played that way before. The redskins dont do that with their corners, which is a good fit for him but laughable at all the money they're giving a guy to not be a shutdown corner.

But I think theres plenty of players out there that have played more than 8 terrible games in a season and rebounded. I watched all of the redskins games last year and he played pretty well. INTs dont mean everything for a CB, but like sacks they are at least some measure of a players skills...he had 5...and I dont think a bills player had 5 since clements, and before that, I dont know.

I'm not arguing the money was too much, but I think he's a decent corner that could turn things around.

I especially remember people on this board saying that we should have gone out and got him when he was cut.

They're looking to cut or trade springs who has a 6 million dollar cap hit.

There you go. Now they only have three CBs that are getting starter money. Oh, the foreskins always crack me up.

EDIT: Well I guess Rogers is in the last year of his rookie contract so they'll let him play out his string.