This just in ...

damj

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not disputing that they said that, but how much sense does that make considering he's in Buffalo right now visiting with the Bills?

I seem to remember the receptionist at OBD gave the phone to Jim Kelly

just after we drafted him, and it was the USFL trying to sign him. :rolleyes:

Actually, I think your correct. Unless Coles is using the Bills for leverage

and his agent is working the phones behind our backs, I would hope he

is devoting his attention to us.

Same skill or not, defenses can't double both of them.

Yes they can. Just takes extra DB's and they would only need to do that if we had a TE that they couldn't cover with a LB which we don't. We may be one of the easiest teams in the league for defenses to go double on the wideouts.

Of course, if we did land him, I have to wonder if we would ever use him properly. I am not sure we need a WR with blazing speed, picturesque patterns and amazing hands to run 3 yarders in the flat on 3rd and 9. For the most part, we keep our Ferrari's in the garage under a blanket. Occasionally, we take them for a spin down to the bottom of the driveway and back but that is about it. God forbid we ever went long because, heaven fofend, something bad could happen.

I don't know why a top WR in this league would ever want to play for a dink and dunk team like the Bills.

I seem to remember the receptionist at OBD gave the phone to Jim Kelly

just after we drafted him, and it was the USFL trying to sign him. :rolleyes:

Actually, I think your correct. Unless Coles is using the Bills for leverage

and his agent is working the phones behind our backs, I would hope he

is devoting his attention to us.

Why would he want to play for a team that never lets their WR's get downfield? If I were Coles, Buffalo would be one of he last teams in the league I would be interested in playing for. I don't think Coles is the kid of guy whou would be happy to run 5 yard quick outs all day.

Why would he want to play for a team that never lets their WR's get downfield? If I were Coles, Buffalo would be one of he last teams in the league I would be interested in playing for. I don't think Coles is the kid of guy whou would be happy to run 5 yard quick outs all day.

Bills do not need another smurfy WR.

Having Coles and Evans, two proven threats, would relieve some of the

blitzes causing Edwards to look for the short pass, thus, allowing for

deeper routes (in theory). It's like a good pass rush makes your d-backs

look good also, with less coverage time needed.

You couldn't be more wrong. Coles is not a "go deep" type of receiver, never was. He is a take a 5 yard pass and do something with it guy.

Having Coles and Evans, two proven threats, would relieve some of the

blitzes causing Edwards to look for the short pass, thus, allowing for

deeper routes (in theory). It's like a good pass rush makes your d-backs

look good also, with less coverage time needed.

Yeah, that is why we would want him but my question was, why would he want to play for us? I don't think he is looking to wind up his career with a dink and dunk offense.

And it is all moot now, I may have been right I guess as he went to Cincy where Carson Palmer is not reluctant to go deep.

Really, other than $$ what do we have to sell this offense to top FA offensive talent???