Anthony Bourdain... No Reservations

BillsFanNC

It looks like Anthony Bourdain was in Buffalo recently filimg an episode of his popular travel channel show "No Reservations".

Buffalo is a different culture. I look at Buffalo and Buffalonians as a different culture now. Ten years ago, I would have looked at them as those poor guys who live upstate, and I'm lucky enough to live in Manhattan. That's the way I would have seen it 10 years ago. Now I see it as a very distinct personality, a very distinct culture with its own architecture, its own kinda feel. It's, actually, a weirdly wonderful place. Even in winter. I think it took me traveling around the world to get to that point.--

http://www.buffalorising.com/2009/01/bourd...ml#SlideFrame_0

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like Anthony Bourdain was in Buffalo recently filimg an episode of his popular travel channel show "No Reservations".

http://www.buffalorising.com/2009/01/bourd...ml#SlideFrame_0

I look forward to seeingthis episode ... I am a huge fan of his sarcasm and irreverence. It is about time he features the Queen city.

I happened to watch his show on NYC last night. It was very good. He also went to some neighborhood places that made me think of Buffalo and that he might actually like going to Buffalo. It was ironic read the original post just now.

I happened to watch his show on NYC last night. It was very good. He also went to some neighborhood places that made me think of Buffalo and that he might actually like going to Buffalo. It was ironic read the original post just now.

Agree ... Next time I am in manhattan I will be checking a couple of them out.

How can you hate a guy who slams Rachel Ray at every opportunity!

I don't know man... he's just one of those guys that I have no reasonable excuse for disliking him, I just don't. He's up there with Stiller, Jack Black and Sharon Stone. :rolleyes: Can't explain it, I'm just wired that way.

I don't know man... he's just one of those guys that I have no reasonable excuse for disliking him, I just don't. He's up there with Stiller, Jack Black and Sharon Stone. :rolleyes: Can't explain it, I'm just wired that way.

Of course this begs the question....how can you not dislike Jack Black. :pirate:

It's, actually, a weirdly wonderful place. Even in winter. I think it took me traveling around the world to get to that point.--

No, it actually took travelling and eating things like live cobra hearts in some of the biggest shiitholes in the world to make Buffalo look somewhat nice.

No, it actually took travelling and eating things like live cobra hearts in some of the biggest shiitholes in the world to make Buffalo look somewhat nice.

Yeah, the recent episode when he was in the Philippine Islands he had some pretty gross stuff. I actually though the whole episode was lame. I have no interest in ever visiting that place. I saw nothing worthwhile in the food or the background.

:rolleyes:

Way to put it into perspective! Beef On Weck in Amherst or Warthog Anus in Namibia. Hmmm...

Although the quote in the original post was nice about Buffalo, I originally found out about the Buffalo episode last week when he spoke at the Durham Performing Arts Center. He said that he just finished filming a series of episodes he likes to call the "Fukked Up City Tour"....... Baltimore, Detroit and Buffalo.

Yeah, the recent episode when he was in the Philippine Islands he had some pretty gross stuff. I actually though the whole episode was lame. I have no interest in ever visiting that place. I saw nothing worthwhile in the food or the background.

I work with a Filipina and her and her husband (both very good friends of mine) travel there almost every year. They've stayed at some wonderful resorts so it really depends on where you go. Some of that stuff on that show is done specifically to freak people out.

I work with a Filipina and her and her husband (both very good friends of mine) travel there almost every year. They've stayed at some wonderful resorts so it really depends on where you go. Some of that stuff on that show is done specifically to freak people out.

Not so much the eats that bothered me, Bourdain often eats stuff that is beyond my limits of good taste, it was the countryside that they elected to show. The place just looked totally run down and not pretty at all. Maybe we just did not get to see the good stuff.

I really enjoy the show. Three favorite episodes Ive watched lately are the Tuscany, Nagasaki and Mexican/US border. Very good. When they repeat those be sure to record them. I'm reading his book right now "Kitchen Confidential". Pretty informative and funny

I really enjoy the show. Three favorite episodes Ive watched lately are the Tuscany, Nagasaki and Mexican/US border. Very good. When they repeat those be sure to record them. I'm reading his book right now "Kitchen Confidential". Pretty informative and funny

I loved KC, a great book. Tells the true stories about what went on in the kitchens. Also I like his stories about the CIA. He mentions a chef in he book (Chef Bagna) who was a real terror in the kitchen.