I say KEEP Dick Jauron

Corp000085

I may only be playing the devil's advocate here, but after a few days of thinking, but I truly believe the Bills simply cannot fire DJ and be successful next year.

Any Bills fan who wonders about whether to retain or fire DJ needs to take a poll of Chicago Bears fans. It took five seasons for the Bears to finally fire DJ, but the fans knew he couldn't win after that playoff loss in 01, if not earlier.

It's ironic that in Chicago, DJ coached 2 seasons without the presence of a GM. He had personnel control, and shaped the team the way he wanted it. When there were no results after his second season, ownership hired Jerry Angelo as GM from TB. Angelo then took control over personnel.

Here in Buffalo, DJ has had personnel control these past three seasons. In essence, he was his own GM since the day he was hired. Even such, he's still not been successful. All that control and still no results.

This is all-too familiar for DJ coached teams. I'd argue that few coaches in the league have the control he has. And coaches who do have that control are highly regarded NFL HC's.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may only be playing the devil's advocate here, but after a few days of thinking, but I truly believe the Bills simply cannot fire DJ and be successful next year. Jauron CAN be successful, and to some extent, he was earlier this year.

Well...

I truly believe The Bills cannot be successful with Jauron as the HC...ever...

Jauron can be successful at times...That is true...He's had one winning Season in 8 as a Head Coach...So I'm thinking if We keep Dead Dick around we'll get another winning Season in the next 4-5 Years!!! So We'll have that going for us...

Go ahead and keep DJ around...We'll see what becomes of these Bills...I already think I know, but I don't wanna go all "doom and gloom" on Y'all...Keeping Jauron is like begging and pleading for failure...He's a proven loser...There can be no denying it...His Record speaks for itself...His Team regressed after a 5-1 start, looked unprepared, sloppy, dazed and confused at times...He has yet to develop one impact Player in His 3 Years in Buffalo...He's supposed to be a Defensive HC but His Defenses have rarely been better than average, and often been less than...He has at times been a BRUTAL Game Day Coach making decisions that had HUGE negative impact on Games...His Challenge Record in 3 Years is not good...His Team is still one of the worst clock management Teams in the NFL...Plays come in slow from the sidelaines FAR too often and we burn Time Outs like kindling...He simply cannot beat Team with winning Records and He can't match wits with the likes of Belichick, or for that matter any of the better Coaches in the NFL..His Teams look woefully soft at times and tend to turn the Ball over in bunches...You want continuity? DJ continuously loses...

But Hey...His Players LOVE Him and respect Him...He's a nice Guy...A gentleman if You will...That should be good enough to keep those Ticket sales going strong right?

We'll see... :wallbash:

Well...

I truly believe The Bills cannot be successful with Jauron as the HC...ever...

Jauron can be successful at times...That is true...He's had one winning Season in 8 as a Head Coach...So I'm thinking if We keep Dead Dick around we'll get another winning Season in the next 4-5 Years!!! So We'll have that going for us...

Go ahead and keep DJ around...We'll see what becomes of these Bills...I already think I know, but I don't wanna go all "doom and gloom" on Y'all...Keeping Jauron is like begging and pleading for failure...He's a proven loser...There can be no denying it...His Record speaks for itself...His Team regressed after a 5-1 start, looked unprepared, sloppy, dazed and confused at times...He has yet to develop one impact Player in His 3 Years in Buffalo...He's supposed to be a Defensive HC but His Defenses have rarely been better than average, and often been less than...He has at times been a BRUTAL Game Day Coach making decisions that had HUGE negative impact on Games...His Challenge Record in 3 Years is not good...His Team is still one of the worst clock management Teams in the NFL...Plays come in slow from the sidelaines FAR too often and we burn Time Outs like kindling...He simply cannot beat Team with winning Records and He can't match wits with the likes of Belichick, or for that matter any of the better Coaches in the NFL..His Teams look woefully soft at times and tend to turn the Ball over in bunches...You want continuity? DJ continuously loses...

But Hey...His Players LOVE Him and respect Him...He's a nice Guy...A gentleman if You will...That should be good enough to keep those Ticket sales going strong right?

We'll see... :wallbash:

He's gone. As bad as the front office may not want to do it, when you strip away the feelings, he doesn't win. I expect him to be fired.

Yup. And now that Miami is tearing through that portion of the schedule they are suddenly the darlings of the league.

I for one dont believe Miami has better overall talent than the Bills do

But and heres the thing...they are better coached and have the Best in the Business in Bill Parcells as GM.

This is an coaching issue plus lack of talent in key areas

My thoughts are even if you give Juaron better talent he will still not win.

you know the Bills are going to get more players in the off-season. This year they got Stroud, McKelvin, Mitchell and they have helped the team

But what good will it do if you have a coach who makes decisions that help you lose ????? Denver, Dallas last year...

Cleveland, Jets, Miami this year.

Dont think Ralph will fire Jauron after the season, hes too damn cheap to eat his contract and the players do like him

but next year if the Bills dont have a winning record hes gone

Heres hoping that Cowher is ready to coach in 2010 or is not signed before then. :wallbash:

TMQ sums it all up for Bills fans:

"Buffalo's Dick "Cheerio, Chaps" Jauron is now 56-74 as a head coach, has coached only one winning season in his career, and in three campaigns with the Bills has two victories over teams that finished with a winning record that year."

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...terbrook/081209

Two? Thats it? He's coached the bills now for 46 games, and he has TWO victories over teams that finished with winning records? I bet if somebody computed all coaches stats, Jauron probably has the worst against winning teams, including coaches that are in their first and second year. That is one of the most embarrassing stats I've ever heard about a coach. Ever.

I may only be playing the devil's advocate here, but after a few days of thinking, but I truly believe the Bills simply cannot fire DJ and be successful next year. Now, the coordinators, that's another story. I believe that DJ has sucked this year as a head coach, but it would far far worse for the franchise to start over than it would be to have a sucky head coach. Ralph needs to invest in some strong coordinators and hire a GM to run the football operations. They do not need a micromanager type in Donahoe, but they do need someone to run a wise draft and to check ralph wilson when he wants to draft some random running back. Jauron CAN be successful, and to some extent, he was earlier this year. Why did the wheels fall off? Was it DJ simply being a bad head coach? Was it DJ allowing too much power to his coordinators? Was it DJ taking orders from ralph himself? Nobody really knows. All that matters is that it gets fixed in the off season. Remember, back in september, this was arguably the best team in the league. You can't start over from scratch next year. A major overhaul, yes, but canning DJ is not the answer.

And what did you think the Dolphins record would be before the season started? Shutup, you're a douche bag!

Did more research on those two wins. One of them was the Washington game last year, which we should have lost if Joe Gibbs didnt have a brain fart. In fact, the Redskins were 5-6 at the time, and fell to 5-7 before winning the rest of the regular season. i don't even know if you can count that as a win over a winning team, because they didn't have a winning record.

The other win was against the Jets when the went to the playoffs, but again, the Jets in 2006 during their playoff season. They were 7-5 and we took them to 7-6. Again, it took the team to win out the rest of the season to make the playoffs.

So his only two wins against "winning" opponents was when one was 2 games below .500 and in turmoil over a teammate, and other against a division opponent that's one game of .500? It just gets better and better doesnt it.

I for one dont believe Miami has better overall talent than the Bills do

But and heres the thing...they are better coached and have the Best in the Business in Bill Parcells as GM.

This is an coaching issue plus lack of talent in key areas

My thoughts are even if you give Juaron better talent he will still not win.

you know the Bills are going to get more players in the off-season. This year they got Stroud, McKelvin, Mitchell and they have helped the team

But what good will it do if you have a coach who makes decisions that help you lose ????? Denver, Dallas last year...

Cleveland, Jets, Miami this year.

Dont think Ralph will fire Jauron after the season, hes too damn cheap to eat his contract and the players do like him

but next year if the Bills dont have a winning record hes gone

Heres hoping that Cowher is ready to coach in 2010 or is not signed before then. :rolleyes:

The Bills MAY pick up some better players in the offseason but so will the FINS, PATS*, & JETS. Dick gets OUTCOACHED by the coaches of all three of those teams.

Did more research on those two wins. One of them was the Washington game last year, which we should have lost if Joe Gibbs didnt have a brain fart. In fact, the Redskins were 5-6 at the time, and fell to 5-7 before winning the rest of the regular season. i don't even know if you can count that as a win over a winning team, because they didn't have a winning record.

The other win was against the Jets when the went to the playoffs, but again, the Jets in 2006 during their playoff season. They were 7-5 and we took them to 7-6. Again, it took the team to win out the rest of the season to make the playoffs.

So his only two wins against "winning" opponents was when one was 2 games below .500 and in turmoil over a teammate, and other against a division opponent that's one game of .500? It just gets better and better doesnt it.

Did you take all the other games and see if the opposing team had a winning/losing record at the time we played them? Otherwise cherry picking 2 games is.. well not good.

While I understand your point of view, I do not share it. Dick should already have been fired for that debacle in NY last week, PERIOD!!! IMO that was the single worse call in Buffalo Bills recent history. :rolleyes::wallbash:

Proved he was stupid last week. Proved he was gutless the week before. Abandon all hope.

While I understand your point of view, I do not share it. Dick should already have been fired for that debacle in NY last week, PERIOD!!! IMO that was the single worse call in Buffalo Bills recent history. :wallbash::lol:

what about the shotgun call at the end of the dallas game last year when all we needed was a field goal??? Dicko claimed they called it cuz "trent hadnt thrown an interception all day" and the same bs that it would have been the right call if it worked... like after the jets game, the guy is pathetic, he keeps losing in the same fashion every time and never learns and the owner cant see it and blames the talent. im afraid we r stuck with this mega loser

I like Dick Jauron, I really do, as he seems like a very sincere and honest guy. I like Turk Schonert also,he seems like a very driven guy. Meaning he really wants to do the best he can to get the passing game to work.

The problem is that neither one is good at their current job. With all the years of playing and coaching experience between those two you would think that they would have enough smarts to utilize their personnel properly. Instead of working at getting the running game going early in the season they called shotgun plays all year long putting the QB's under constant duress.This staff thinks they have Payton Manning behind center and not young QB's still learning.

I may only be playing the devil's advocate here, but after a few days of thinking, but I truly believe the Bills simply cannot fire DJ and be successful next year. Now, the coordinators, that's another story. I believe that DJ has sucked this year as a head coach, but it would far far worse for the franchise to start over than it would be to have a sucky head coach. Ralph needs to invest in some strong coordinators and hire a GM to run the football operations. They do not need a micromanager type in Donahoe, but they do need someone to run a wise draft and to check ralph wilson when he wants to draft some random running back. Jauron CAN be successful, and to some extent, he was earlier this year. Why did the wheels fall off? Was it DJ simply being a bad head coach? Was it DJ allowing too much power to his coordinators? Was it DJ taking orders from ralph himself? Nobody really knows. All that matters is that it gets fixed in the off season. Remember, back in september, this was arguably the best team in the league. You can't start over from scratch next year. A major overhaul, yes, but canning DJ is not the answer.

Fewell has done a good job with the defense. Give him a stud DE and some LB depth and he is good to go. The offense is an entirely different matter. Bring in a very strong OC and very good QB coach. Somebody strong enough to tell DJ to stick his finger up his AZZ if he call a pass play like the one at the Jests. Also must find C, TE respectable #2 receiver (no slight to Josh Reed - he needs to be in the slot and never use Rpscoe Parrish again as a WR) in that order.

Hope they get busy in free agency as they can't answer all of this in the draft.

I started this thread a few days ago and have gotten some good input in it. Let me clarify myself: DJ has sucked goat balls as a head coach. He has had some success throughout his 3 years here, but all in all, he sucks. HOWEVER, keeping DJ and restructuring the football department would be light years ahead of firing everyone and starting over from scratch. The only way I could see DJ being fired is if they could score a championship caliber coach like cower, holmgren, or even billick. My opinion could change today though. I don't really know if i can go through another gutless performance today.

No, you HAVE to start over....AGAIN :wallbash:

DJ will not win here and needs to be gone, it is as simple as that.