PFT reporting Jauron may be gone at season's end

BillsVet

PFT on Jauron

Florio isn't perfect, but it's reasonable to expect a move is made after the season. Jauron has lost this team, and even with one of the easiest schedules in the league, has floundered to a 6-7 record.

What's most alarming amid all this talk of the coaches is the point Florio makes at the end of the article. Buffalo may elect to only hire a coach and get by with Guy, Modrak, and Brandon making the personnel moves. If that comes to pass, and we don't know at this point, it's confirmation that this franchise is a ship stranded in the ocean. I would think the lack of a veritable football man running football operations should be something they've learned from these past three seasons of Marv and Russ. Neither are/were qualified to handle personnel decisions.

PFT on Jauron

Florio isn't perfect, but it's reasonable to expect a move is made after the season. Jauron has lost this team, and even with one of the easiest schedules in the league, has floundered to a 6-7 record.

What's most alarming amid all this talk of the coaches is the point Florio makes at the end of the article. Buffalo may elect to only hire a coach and get by with Guy, Modrak, and Brandon making the personnel moves. If that comes to pass, and we don't know at this point, it's confirmation that this franchise is a ship stranded in the ocean. I would think the lack of a veritable football man running football operations should be something they've learned from these past three seasons of Marv and Russ. Neither are/were qualified to handle personnel decisions.

BV, your points are valid as usual, but what more can a Bills Fan yearn for than a fighting chance at this point? Levy is gone. If they oust his clone, perhaps a proven football man (I hope Marty, always have) will have a say wrt free agency and the draft.

Nah....if they bring in Marty, this team can and will win imo. :wallbash:

unfortunately I just dont see Wilson firing Jauron if he did give him the extension

even if he does fire Jauron he wont get someone proven like Marty or even Dan Reeves...we need to face it and realize this team is what it is until there is a new owner

I think a Sparano or Mike Smith could've taken this team to the playoffs.

Doubtful, especially since Sparano likely won't be taking the Dols to the playoffs. What they have is decent QB play, not to mention excellent rushing offenses.

BV, your points are valid as usual, but what more can a Bills Fan yearn for than a fighting chance at this point? Levy is gone. If they oust his clone, perhaps a proven football man (I hope Marty, always have) will have a say wrt free agency and the draft.

Nah....if they bring in Marty, this team can and will win imo. :wallbash:

What this team needs most is a football man who has a track record of success. That person should be given authority over all football operations, without non football people like Wilson and Brandon interfering. It's a pipe dream as long as RW owns the team, but he's been swinging and missing quite a bit since BP left.

If Brandon can't convince him to hire a real GM and they go with the amateurish setup they have now, I can't see them winning. That offering for a front office is unacceptable, just like DJ's coaching.

My fear is RW won't hire another GM because TD didn't work out and alienated the fan base in the process. If Marty comes in a la Parcells in Miami, I wouldn't be averse to it. I don't think it'll happen, but what this team needs is someone to change the losing attitude. Marty could do that.

What this team needs most is a football man who has a track record of success. That person should be given authority over all football operations, without non football people like Wilson and Brandon interfering. It's a pipe dream as long as RW owns the team, but he's been swinging and missing quite a bit since BP left.

If Brandon can't convince him to hire a real GM and they go with the amateurish setup they have now, I can't see them winning. That offering for a front office is unacceptable, just like DJ's coaching.

My fear is RW won't hire another GM because TD didn't work out and alienated the fan base in the process. If Marty comes in a la Parcells in Miami, I wouldn't be averse to it. I don't think it'll happen, but what this team needs is someone to change the losing attitude. Marty could do that.

The results haven't been great right off the bat, but hindsight is 20/20, at the time it looked like the personnel dept did a pretty good job this offseason. I know some disagreed, but the overwhelming consensus on this board, among bills fans in general, and around the league was that the stroud, mitchell, johnson moves were all great and mckelvin and hardy were very good picks. The one glaring error was the crowell situation, but I dont think any of us know even half of the details involved in that one so we'll have to reserve judgement.

mckelvin and hardy were very good picks. The one glaring error was the crowell situation, but I dont think any of us know even half of the details involved in that one so we'll have to reserve judgement.

How can you say Hardy was a great pick? He has hardly seen the field and where he has you can't say he has done much. Perhaps he will develop but he is off to a highly suspect start. McKelvin appears to be coming on but he too has much to prove before you can say he is a pick worth what it cost to get him. The situation with Crowell perhaps could have been handled better. He should have had knee surgury in the offseason. We will never know if that is what the Buffalo medical staff recommended. If they did and he refused then the IR move was not a bad one. Besides, he still has not come to an injury settlement which to me says the problem is worse than anyone thought.

Doubtful, especially since Sparano likely won't be taking the Dols to the playoffs

So because he might not take a team that was 1-15 last year to the playoffs means he wouldnt take a team that was 7-9 last year to the playoffs? That makes absolutely zero sense. Most of us including myself still think the Bills are a more talented team then the Phins they just happen to be a way better coached team.

The fact that Sparano has the Phins even competing for the playoffs after going 1-15 last year says a lot about him and his staff

They had exactly this--Donohoe was his name. Long time football man, respected throughout the league, who had unprecedented power over all decisions.

How did that work out?

PFT on Jauron

Wow. It only seems like yesterday that I kept jumping on the computer at

work to see who the Bills picked as the new coach, and actually thought it

would pan out.

Problem is, I don't think DJ is the entire problem, but enough of the problem to

warrent the boot.

I'm just worried what we'll end up with, for every Sparano, there are 5 Marinelli's.

I do not have any confidence in this orginization to do the right thing and

pick a good coach. We'll be the team to pick the Marinelli.

as much as i dislike jauron, hes not the main problem.

ralph will just bring some other loser in here, "wash, rinse, repeat"

3 years from now (if we still have a team) we will be having the same talk

Im actually the opposite.

I like Jauron quite a bit...but I think he is the main problem

A team takes on the personality of the head coach. Dick Jauron is nice. He is Passive. He is conservative. We need someone who isnt everyones friend, but is a respected leader. While Cowher will not be coming here, we need someone similar.

Im actually the opposite.

I like Jauron quite a bit...but I think he is the main problem

A team takes on the personality of the head coach. Dick Jauron is nice. He is Passive. He is conservative. We need someone who isnt everyones friend, but is a respected leader. While Cowher will not be coming here, we need someone similar.

this is quite reasonable. jauron has brought some good things to the team. but he is missing a little bit of backbone that we need to be competitive.

I too like Jauron. He's a good guy and seems like a decent head coach. I think he relies too much on his assistants though and does not have a grasp for the offense at all. I do think that someone stronger must be brought in as a GM. Let's leave the russ brandon COO foolishness behind the bills. Bring in a strong GM/vp of football operations guy like Cower or someone else and run with that. I'd be ok if jauron were the coach next year, but there has to be a better offensive philosophy and someone to check Jauron in the football department. I know, I know, ralph tried and failed with the donahoe experiment, but there has to be someone to run the football operations who is completely separate from the business side of the operation, and that person must insist that ralph stay out of their way.

However, if Jauron must go, then either give the illusion to the fans that ralph cares about winning and bring in a big name like cower for the head coaching position, OR, go with my GM idea and bring in some other patsy head coach to answer to the strong GM.

Paul Pasqualloni might make a good candidate for head coach. He's been a successful head coach in college and has been building his resume in the nfl, under Bill Parcells (in Dallas, Miami) He's probably learned a thing or two from working in a proven, successful system.

They had exactly this--Donohoe was his name. Long time football man, respected throughout the league, who had unprecedented power over all decisions.

How did that work out?

As I said in a previous post, just because TD didn't work out doesn't mean you don't attempt it again.

Every team in the NFL has someone handling pro personnel and amateur scouting. And every team except one has someone with a football operations experience overseeing them. The lone exception is the Buffalo Bills.

To think Russ Brandon is going to guide this front office and get the team to respectability is non-sense. I'm sure RB would tell you it's not his cup of tea. I say make RW makes RB president, leaving him to hire a GM. At that point, the new GM hires a coach, with consultation from above. I don't think that's unreasonable.

For every TD there's a guy like Tom Dimitroff who did great things this off-season He hired Mike Smith, drafted well, and retained veterans like Lawyer Milloy, John Abraham, and Keith Brooking. He cleaned the team of guys like Crumpler and Deangelo Hall, but left enough for Smith to work with.

Jauron is like an elementary school teacher... Nice, friendly, teaches you the ABC's, and a couple words, the worst he can do is give you a shameful look. His players know the rules and used to always show up to play...

Unfortunately the rest of the NFL is coached by PhD academics cramming something new and different in your face every week. This league is way to competitive for a slow reacting, emotionless, nice guy. I respect him as a man.

The fact is our team actually has some talent & we've lost to many teams that have less talent than we do. Jauron and his coaches think the answer to their problem is to work hard at doing what they are good at, so as to do it better. The problem is every other team(& fan) knows what you are trying to be good at, expects it, and developed a way to stop it while you were still in Chicago.

If we don't win a game in our division this year that is a clear indication of how far below average our coaching is. Division games are the most influential games for the coaches impact. Finally a team takes on the personality and identity of its leaders... Head Coach, Front office, Owner. Our franchise has no identity, other than heartbreak, & I am not emotionless as I watch this team.