Tim Tebow

nuklz2594

Waitaminute. We're talking about trying to find yet another Quarterback of the Future? Here's a novel idea: how about building a TEAM around the ones we have instead?

Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson have Super Bowl rings. (So does, RJ, but let's not go there.) What did their teams have in common? Championship-caliber defenses. Use that top pick on a pass rusher instead.

Thank you! People seem to be under the impression that a QB is capable of singlehandedly winning a superbowl. In other words, just keep cycling through QBs until you find one that wins 13 games. Doesn't work that way people.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Use that top pick on a pass rusher instead.

Amen!

This game hasn't changed in 50 years.

You win and lose with the big guys. O-Line and D-Line. We need a rush end big time. I maintain that the trade for Cornelius Bennet is what drove that team to 4 straight SB's. It created so many matchup problems for offenses....

The dude would be absolutely devastating in a wildcat formation - there's a lot you could do with Tim Tebow other than have him be your everydown starting QB. If he starts to slip for some reason, I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up on the Dolphins or Patriots, unfortunately.

The dude would be absolutely devastating in a wildcat formation - there's a lot you could do with Tim Tebow other than have him be your everydown starting QB. If he starts to slip for some reason, I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up on the Dolphins or Patriots, unfortunately.

And since when is it a good idea to draft a player for the sake of a trick play?

Antwaan Randle-El won the Super Bowl for the Steelers.

And I didn't mean slip like, slipped to the 15-20 range. I mean if the scouts decide he's not an NFL QB and shows up on the second day.

Besides, the Wildcat isn't a trick play, it's a formation, essentially the Single Wing. A guy like Tebow could run it half the snaps.

Hypothetically of course, if he comes out for the draft and is available, do we draft him? He reminds me of Jim Kelly in some aspects. He is a leader and just has that "it" quality about him. The guy just plays hard and finds a way to win.

Hahaha...every year there's one of these posts.

It's a really good things fans don't run the show. There would be 80% turnover every year, zero continuity, zero chemistry, and many consecutive first-overall picks.

Tebow? Pleeease...how many of these types of QBs must be seen withering in the NFL before fans start to get it?

Beg to differ the stats do not show this to be the case - against college defenses of inconsistent quality - Tebow averages only 2 yards per throw more comparing best games or best seasons. This crap about Trent not having an arm only comes about because JP's is stronger. Trent's strength has been accuracy and the ability to release the ball quickly.

Ok I get that people want to hang losses on him for mistakes - interceptions or failing to score enough touchdowns. This is a legit argument. The "his arm is not strong enough" line is not proven and does not hold water. Look to the real problems not one that doesn't exist.

You have to be joking. No other QB in the country has faced tougher defenses over their career than Tim Tebow. The SEC is the BEST, TOUGHEST conference in football. Tebow just beat the #2 defense in the Country, Alabama for the SEC Championship, & he did it by putting the team on his shoulders, playing without arguably the BEST OFFENSIVE player in the Country in Harvin. Anyone that saw the game, saw Tebow throw an out that went at least 40 yards in the AIR near the end of the 1st half. THAT WAS AN NFL THROW, & Trent has not made a throw like that since he has been in Buffalo. That said I'm with Lori & others, the Bills need to draft DEFENSE. I would like to see Tebow get drafted by a Florida team myself.

He dont have an NFL arm but yet torches defenses left and right. I just dont get why people say he wont be an NFL QB. I just look at his play thats all I need to know. Chad Pennington dont have a very strong arm but yet is in the NFL and does fairly well.....

I mean I can think of a few QB in the NFL now that Tebow has a better arm then, and one of them is on our team.

"Pennington dont have a very strong arm"

yes, Pennington doesn't have a very strong arm, but he's smart, understands the game, makes quick reads, and knows how to read and exploit. To compare Pennington to Tebow is a joke.

Wake up! Do you realize how many college QBs just like Tebow have come and gone? Tebow is not at all rare, and I'll take any bet that he is not a starter in the NFL.

Tim Tebow is the #1 player on our board.

http://www.drafttek.com/2008players.html

We would have to trade up to get him, even if we lost the rest of our games.

Chiefs or Lions draft and misuse him.

Not trying to be mean bruh, but your rankings are grossly off. Oher is probably out of the top 15 with his performance this year, Stafford's not even listed, Tyson Jackson at #36, Percy Harvin at #39, Jermaine Gresham at #65, B.J. Raji at #80, Cullen Harper at #20, and I could go on. I don't think it's very accurate as to where most of these players will go at all. Tebow #1?

Waitaminute. We're talking about trying to find yet another Quarterback of the Future? Here's a novel idea: how about building a TEAM around the ones we have instead?

Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson have Super Bowl rings. (So does, RJ, but let's not go there.) What did their teams have in common? Championship-caliber defenses. Use that top pick on a pass rusher instead.

new shiny QBs sell more tickets- which will be a big priority next year

could happen that Bills pass on a super small CB for another QB

same front office - expect the same nonsense

Tebow is not an NFL QB, he's a Heisman winning "system" QB for Urban Meyer. He doesn't throw a tight spiral, he doesn't stand in the pocket and read the defense much, and he is spotty with his accuracy. Is the guy a "winner"? YES. A potential franchise QB? NO.

I don't agree with this here. Chris Leak won a national championship under the same system and didn't even get to sniff the Heisman. Tebow might win it twice. The "system" has something to do with it but Tebow is a rare talent with twice the heart most of our team has. He may or may not be a franchise QB BUT he is a damn good football player with a great competitive attitude and seems to be a winner. If he lasts into the 4th or later we would be dumb to not bring him in, if even as a "trick play guy".

Hypothetically of course, if he comes out for the draft and is available, do we draft him? He reminds me of Jim Kelly in some aspects. He is a leader and just has that "it" quality about him. The guy just plays hard and finds a way to win.

If this current staff is intact for draft 2009, no way. They will live and die with Trent

since he is their draft pick.

I don't agree with this here. Chris Leak won a national championship under the same system and didn't even get to sniff the Heisman. Tebow might win it twice. The "system" has something to do with it but Tebow is a rare talent with twice the heart most of our team has. He may or may not be a franchise QB BUT he is a damn good football player with a great competitive attitude and seems to be a winner. If he lasts into the 4th or later we would be dumb to not bring him in, if even as a "trick play guy".

Tebow is successful because he is a running QB and defenses have to guard against that as well as his passing. Throw that out the window in the NFL cause he ain't going off tackle out of the shotgun at the next level. I don't think he's anywhere near an NFL caliber passer and think he will be a huge waste of a top 10 draft pick.

Until they fix C and the D-line, I am not interested in the Bills drafting anyone who does not weight at least 275 pounds.