$20,000 for a private jet plane for one day?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell are you guys talking about? They flew from Detroit to DC. It's a 90-minute flight. You can get four round trip tickets on Southwest Airline for under $1500.

And they get free peanuts.

LA....I was actually making the reference that not only are they abusing money they are supposed to have with the private jet but are further abusing the perk by flying their family around in it....:rolleyes:

Personally what they should have done was ride coach and then make sure there was plenty of PR on it showing that they are truly trying to be frugel

Yeah, I'm gonna drop $25 billion on a CEO who makes good use of his travel time by doing confidential work and making his conference calling from the privacy of Southwest coach.

You could buy all the seats around him/her to be sure that didn't happen.

I love the idea that people believe that the CEO is constantly doing work that is top secret, and couldn't for a few hours, be on a plane working on his/her laptop, going through papers, or simply relaxing so they are ready to work when they hit the ground. They run car companies, not secret invasions. What could I find out by eavesdropping on the CEO of a US Auto Maker? What not to do, should I ever run a car company?

Yeah, I'm gonna drop $25 billion on a CEO who makes good use of his travel time by doing confidential work and making his conference calling from the privacy of Southwest coach.

What a great society we live in if you actually think this... :rolleyes::D

You know what really bugs me? The pretentious AMEX commercials... You know the one with the guy going to SF and he breaks out a cute looking credit card... Then they haul him away while the next guy strolls up with the more "exceptable" gold "business card." Or the commerical with the Germans and Americans on a business lunch...

Are people really buying this douchery? You seem to be.

It is a phucking piece of plastic linked to an account!... I don't care what it looks like, as long as it clears and someone else pays for the business lunch or flight... More the better!

:lol::lol:

You could buy all the seats around him/her to be sure that didn't happen.

I love the idea that people believe that the CEO is constantly doing work that is top secret, and couldn't for a few hours, be on a plane working on his/her laptop, going through papers, or simply relaxing so they are ready to work when they hit the ground. They run car companies, not secret invasions. What could I find out by eavesdropping on the CEO of a US Auto Maker? What not to do, should I ever run a car company?

Actually, I bet if you made a list of everything you would do, you would probably have your list of everything you shouldn't do. :rolleyes:

WTF are you talking about? It's not like he's flying across the freakin' country. It's a 90 minute trip. He's probably in the air for less than 60 of them.

Not to mention, a CEO has driven his company into the ground, is coming on hands and knees begging for money that we are warned will not only save the company and millions of jobs, but somehow help with national security, and with all that at stake, you can somehow justify a 90-minute, $20,000 private jet flight because you expect him to keep working for those 90 minutes?

If you really want your CEO working around the clock to justify his money, the smartest thing he could do on that flight is take a nap.

But you're probably not going to drop $25B on a CEO who has the audacity to sleep, huh?