OK....I gotta throw this out there

There you go again John. Throwing reasonable thought in to the mix. When will you learn?

Play?

If so.....does he bring anything to this team that would make you think he could give it a spark?

Is he at all mobile?

Can he throw a screen pass?

Does he have a quick release?

86396[/snapback]

can he lead us to about a 3-13 record?...  which is about as good as Bledsoe will do.

86414[/snapback]

Incorrect...with Bledsoe the Bills go 1-15. I'd say 3-13 would be an improvement. Besides, whoever QB's the next few weeks is just minding the store until JP Losman is ready.

PTR

No one is saying Shane Matthews is the next Jim Kelly. But c'mon! We are arguing whether to bench a guy who is way beyond 'SUCK!" I mean Drew Bledsoe has set the bar pretty low.

The Bills supposedly were going to use a ball-control offense. Well you don't need arm strength, you need accuarcy, and some pocket presence. I see no reason why you can't give Matthews a try. All were doing is waiting for JP to heal anyway. Bledsoe's career as the Bills QB is O-V-E-R!!! Deal with it.

PTR

Play?

If so.....does he bring anything to this team that would make you think he could give it a spark?

Is he at all mobile?

Can he throw a screen pass?

Does he have a quick release?

86396[/snapback]

I didn't get to see him with the Bears,

but I did watch him play several games with the Skins.

SM will not add a "spark" like a JP might. He is a journeyman QB.

SM is not what I would call "mobile", but he has superior pocket presence to DB and will be able to avoid some of the sacks that DB is taking.

SM can definitely throw a screen pass, and is not bad at play-faking. As others have said, he doesn't have a strong arm at all. You can forget about throwing any long passes with him on the field. But he can be effective in a short passing game, especially with weapons like Moulds, Evans, & Willis (he had nothing with the Skins).

SM doesn't have a particularly quick release.

SM will make some mistakes, but nothing as boneheaded as what we've seen from Drew. He is very intelligent and is much more aware of what is going on than DB.

IF SM had started the Ravens game, the Bills would have won IMO. Deion wouldn't have 2 INTs, because SM wouldn't have thrown either of those passes. Nor would he have thrown at Lee Evans with Ray all over him to draw the penalty. :doh: He could've hit the wide-open Moulds, & he might've seen the wide-open TH for TDs... we saw what Drew did. :D