OK....I gotta throw this out there

Play?

If so.....does he bring anything to this team that would make you think he could give it a spark?

Is he at all mobile?

Can he throw a screen pass?

Does he have a quick release?

86396[/snapback]

Matthews makes good decisions but lacks the arm strength to throw passes of any distance or in bad weather.

He's more mobile than Drew and a better ball handler. I wouldn't say he has a quick release, but he makes up for that by knowing where to throw the ball. He's never had great receivers to throw to or played in a dynamic scheme.

He'd be a disaster in any game with a stiff wind.

Matthews makes good decisions but lacks the arm strength to throw passes of any distance or in bad weather.

He's more mobile than Drew and a better ball handler.  I wouldn't say he has a quick release, but he makes up for that by knowing where to throw the ball.  He's never had great receivers to throw to.

He'd be a disaster in any game with a stiff wind.

86410[/snapback]

Throwing passes in a stiff wind is seldom recommended. That's a situation where decision-making ability goes to the top of the list.

A few years ago, the Bengals hired Neil O'Donnell. Dyn-O-Mite long arm? Hardly. He played on a weak club, and pitched something like 11 td's and 2 int's - despite the overall crappy nature of the team, he worked with what he had. And even though the team went nowhere, he sure didn't kill them with bonehead actions.

He stupidly got run out of town by the fans.

Throwing passes in a stiff wind is seldom recommended. That's a situation where decision-making ability goes to the top of the list.

86418[/snapback]

The problem is he REALLY can't throw the ball more than about 10 yards if the wind is blowing. It's truly pathetic to watch. The biggest reason we actually have ONE win is Drew's arm strength.**

Please do not respond to this line with the same "ad nauseum" anti-Bledsoe arguments. I know he sucks and have for quite sometime. You'll simply be wasting time and bandwidth. Help a brother out.

Play?

If so.....does he bring anything to this team that would make you think he could give it a spark?

Is he at all mobile?

Can he throw a screen pass?

Does he have a quick release?

86396[/snapback]

Watched him play in DC for Spurrier. Pretty awful, makes bad decisions in the red zone, but he played for a coach who had bad blocking schemes for an overmatched oline, tried trick plays on fourth and two, looked lost on the road, and really did not help his team win with his play.

Guess I saw Bledsoe Lite when he was here and starting!

but he played for a coach who had bad blocking schemes for an overmatched oline, tried trick plays on fourth and two, looked lost on the road, and really did not help his team win with his play.

86424[/snapback]

sounds like he'd fit right in with the Bills. ;)

I'll say this about Matthews.... he sure has an affinity for seeking out and playing for teams that suck...Bears, Panthers, Redskins, and now the Bills. Every team he's played for has sucked at the time he was on their roster.

I guess the moral of the story is that the bills suck and they needed an extra QB on their roster that was a compliment to their losing ways... apparently Bledsoe wasn't enough.

There is of course a reason why I ask this......

Folks know that Bledsoe is part of the problem but certainly is the answer......and I am just trying to figure out in my own mind if he is a better FIT for this particular team right now (Until Losman is healthy)

- I know he doesn't have arm strength.....the thing is....we can block long enough to throw downfield anyway.....so wouldn't he be a better fit

- If he can move around at all he might buy more time for our receivers

- If he makes better decisions that might be good for us as we keep hearing about scenario after scenario where somebody was open but Drew forced it to his primary target

I am just saying that I am not totally sure that giving him a shot till Losman gets back wouldn't be a GOOD thing......it might allow this team to gain some confidence....AND he knows he is the #2....so no contiversy.

Just thought I would throw that out there

The problem is he REALLY can't throw the ball more than about 10 yards if the wind is blowing.  It's truly pathetic to watch.  The biggest reason we actually have ONE win is Drew's arm strength.**

Please do not respond to this line with the same "ad nauseum"  anti-Bledsoe arguments.  I know he sucks and have for quite sometime.  You'll simply be wasting time and bandwidth.  Help a brother out.

86422[/snapback]

Were it possible to track "anti-DB" posts you would find that I'm in the lowest percentile. Stop painting with a broad brush. ;)