We're going back to playing lousy teams & will start winning

SKOOBY

The beginning of our season was based on troubled teams that we could beat and here we are again. Each of our next 3 opponents share a common bond, losing. We will roll all of them and return to 4 wins above .500, it's our season from there.

The beginning of our season was based on troubled teams that we could beat and here we are again. Each of our next 3 opponents share a common bond, losing. We will roll all of them and return to 4 wins above .500, it's our season from there.

I totally agree, that is why I am not that upset with the record being 5-4. If we play to our potential we should beat the next 3 teams. I will even take that one step further & say we should beat Miami also. That would put us @ 9-4. That would not be too bad. One game at a time though. Can not take anything for granted in the NFL these days.

I totally agree, that is why I am not that upset with the record being 5-4. If we play to our potential we should beat the next 3 teams. I will even take that one step further & say we should beat Miami also. That would put us @ 9-4. That would not be too bad. One game at a time though. Can not take anything for granted in the NFL these days.

:rolleyes:

Let's not forget what might happen to other teams during this stretch. Games we may have division rivals penciled in as winning they may actually lose one or two of them. Let's get to 8-4 and then survey the AFC landscape. I think there's a good chance it'll look a lot better for us than we may think. But even then, we must roll through our divisional rematches.

We should win the next four. But then again, we should have won the Jets game. Who knows?

I thought someone asked a decent question of Jauron Monday, even if it came out terribly. They basically asked if the team needed more "inspiration" beyond what the coaches are giving right now. I think that's valid - this team looks like it's sleep walking right now. I wish we could combine the intensity and flair of last year's team with this year's more mature, more talented team.

I think we have to win 6 games to get in the playoffs, it won't happen.

From the Bills Daily rant

"Fast forward to today and many Bills fans undoubtedly think of the playoffs like this "jim mora clip - Playoffs?" (sorry don't know how to link it) . Some still cling to the belief that the Bills will see the postseason, and I believe these folks are either delusional, bad at math or simply new fans who haven’t yet endured enough pain a la their favorite NFL team.

To see the field in January the Bills will either need to clinch the division or land a wildcard spot. Given that the team has lost to every single opponent in the division, the Bills are in a bad spot to finish on top. They are a game behind New England and New York and behind Miami thanks to a poor divisional record. None of those teams looks to tank anytime soon. From a wildcard standpoint the Bills will be competing against the teams that didn’t win the AFC East as well as some good teams from the other divisions. Again the divisional losses will likely doom the Bills – anything short of 11 wins likely means they stay home and 11 wins affords the Bills only more loss before the end of the season. The path to victory for the Bills is possible but so improbable that it could well be compared to John McCain’s outlook on election day – everything would have to fall into place and there are too many ifs to make that realistic. I’m firmly with Jim Mora on this subject."

First of all let me say I wanted DJ to succeed this year, I liked him as the coach last year. I thought that 10-6 would get us the POs, I don't see it that way anymore, he has coached BADLY in 5 or 6 games this year and I can't for the life of me see that changing. So my opinion of him has taken a big hit. I no longer feel he is the man to lead our team. If they made the POs now, I might change my position, but when they lose the first game of post season............

I think if we do beat some of these crap teams it will be bad for the team as we won't see a coaching change. I don't really want to lose anything but the coach at this point.

I would love to see the Bills reach the potentional I think many of us thought they had and win all of the games they have left, but after the last 3 games I don't see it happening. Only if they did that I would reconsider my position on the coach, now I feel 9-7 = we need to dump him. I don't believe in our coach anymore.

No offense but please wake up and smell the coffee...

The Bills OC is calling the strangest plays at the most inopportune times,like shotgun on third and one.. THREE FRIKKIN TIMES against the pats and all went incomplete.Schonert is putting Trent is some plays its difficult to succeed in.

The Offense has no running game,again Schonert calls shotgun on first down and then I formation run on second down and 10,makes no sense.

Have you actually watched these troubled teams??? SF almost beat Arizona in their house on mon night and played great D.

Denver had to score 34 points on the Browns with a huge comeback by Jay Cutler to beat them on Thurs night! The KC would have gone into overtime if Herm Edwards has them kick a FG instead of going for the win!

These teams are playing really well right now, sadly the Bills are not!

You are right and I understand the point of this thread.

But I think it's a misconception to think that we can only beat losing teams. Seeing us play against the Fins and Jets, I thought we were CLEARLY better than both of those teams. We made stupid mistakes to lose both of those games.

Once we get our mojo back, I don't think there's a team in the AFC that we can't compete with. But the players and coaches are going to have to execute a lot better to get this back on track.

It would be the ulitmate situation to have to beat the Pats at home to clinch the division, the Ralph would rock that day.

I think we have to win 6 games to get in the playoffs, it won't happen.

From the Bills Daily rant

"Fast forward to today and many Bills fans undoubtedly think of the playoffs like this "jim mora clip - Playoffs?" (sorry don't know how to link it) . Some still cling to the belief that the Bills will see the postseason, and I believe these folks are either delusional, bad at math or simply new fans who haven’t yet endured enough pain a la their favorite NFL team.

To see the field in January the Bills will either need to clinch the division or land a wildcard spot. Given that the team has lost to every single opponent in the division, the Bills are in a bad spot to finish on top. They are a game behind New England and New York and behind Miami thanks to a poor divisional record. None of those teams looks to tank anytime soon. From a wildcard standpoint the Bills will be competing against the teams that didn’t win the AFC East as well as some good teams from the other divisions. Again the divisional losses will likely doom the Bills – anything short of 11 wins likely means they stay home and 11 wins affords the Bills only more loss before the end of the season. The path to victory for the Bills is possible but so improbable that it could well be compared to John McCain’s outlook on election day – everything would have to fall into place and there are too many ifs to make that realistic. I’m firmly with Jim Mora on this subject."

First of all let me say I wanted DJ to succeed this year, I liked him as the coach last year. I thought that 10-6 would get us the POs, I don't see it that way anymore, he has coached BADLY in 5 or 6 games this year and I can't for the life of me see that changing. So my opinion of him has taken a big hit. I no longer feel he is the man to lead our team. If they made the POs now, I might change my position, but when they lose the first game of post season............

I think if we do beat some of these crap teams it will be bad for the team as we won't see a coaching change. I don't really want to lose anything but the coach at this point.

I would love to see the Bills reach the potentional I think many of us thought they had and win all of the games they have left, but after the last 3 games I don't see it happening. Only if they did that I would reconsider my position on the coach, now I feel 9-7 = we need to dump him. I don't believe in our coach anymore.

Anybody see us beating Tennessee or Pittsburgh in the playoffs? Even the slightest chance? Thought not.

How about Indy after they get their act together or the Pats at the Razor? Nope.

We might make the playoffs, but if we do, it will only be because we have a schedule so soft it makes whipped cream look like cement. I just can't get excited about this year. We're too young. Our QB is too young. Our defense is young, has no depth and can't rush the passer. The center of our o-line looks like the door of a pay toilet after someone's torn it off the hinges. Not so much of a deterrent. We have no really good recieving tight end, and one excellent reciever, one good possession reciever and absolutely nothing else. Who knows, next year after some development, the same guys might look a bit different. But this year our recievers are as dangerous as the haunted house at an elementary school fun fair.

We simply have too many weaknesses to go anywhere this year, whether we make the playoffs or not. Don't get me wrong, I will follow every game.

But in terms of hope for a championship this year, or even a shot at making the conference championship, the season is over.

Anybody see us beating Tennessee or Pittsburgh in the playoffs? Even the slightest chance? Thought not.

How about Indy after they get their act together or the Pats at the Razor? Nope.

We might make the playoffs, but if we do, it will only be because we have a schedule so soft it makes whipped cream look like cement. I just can't get excited about this year. We're too young. Our QB is too young. Our defense is young, has no depth and can't rush the passer. The center of our o-line looks like the door of a pay toilet after someone's torn it off the hinges. Not so much of a deterrent. We have no really good recieving tight end, and one excellent reciever, one good possession reciever and absolutely nothing else. Who knows, next year after some development, the same guys might look a bit different. But this year our recievers are as dangerous as the haunted house at an elementary school fun fair.

We simply have too many weaknesses to go anywhere this year, whether we make the playoffs or not. Don't get me wrong, I will follow every game.

But in terms of hope for a championship this year, or even a shot at making the conference championship, the season is over.

Giants had the same MO last season, winning teams get focused this time of year.