Exactly what I mentioned yesterday bout Trent

Tcali

http://www.13wham.com/content/sports/openm...74-e6f7302719a0

concussion--came back too fast even though he had a good game vs San Diego.

I think the author hit it right on the head about missing Josh Reed in this offense. Teams seemed unable to double Evans earlier on because Josh was catching everything thrown his way when they would double Evans. Also, excellent point about the running game. I can't count the # of times I swore at the screen, "Run to the edges" just to repeatedly see them run it up the middle for no yards :wallbash:

I think the author hit it right on the head about missing Josh Reed in this offense. Teams seemed unable to double Evans earlier on because Josh was catching everything thrown his way when they would double Evans. Also, excellent point about the running game. I can't count the # of times I swore at the screen, "Run to the edges" just to repeatedly see them run it up the middle for no yards :wallbash:

still doesnt explain his slow reflexes out there....he looks slightly wobbly---not as sharp.

still doesnt explain his slow reflexes out there....he looks slightly wobbly---not as sharp.

Could be...but he just doesn't trust his guys out there and is waiting too long for them to come open (if they ever do).

Reed on his own is no superstar, but what he allows the rest of the offense to do, and his connection with an intelligent QB, make him close to priceless.

I also blame the coaching staff for playing a Mularkey style of game yesterday. Many times calls weren't getting INTO the huddle until 12-18 seconds were left on the play clock, and that caused confusion. I think they knew they were in trouble with Reed out and a gimpy line, and went to some play calls that they usually don't work with.

Edwards is still going to go thru some growing pains----after all he is still just a second year QB---the fact that his playing like this is considered awful, when compared to most 2nd year QB's it would be considered normal, shows just how good this kid can be, and how good most already consider him...

remember, even thru all this, the Bills are moving the ball up and down the field---they are just doing dumb things and killing themselves...its a far cry from Losman where there was a good drive and then 3 and a half quarters of praying he could string together a few first downs before punting...

They will be OK....just have to tighten some things up on the offensive side of the ball, and stop doing dumb things. The completely unrealistic expectations everyone has for a 2nd year QB to be perfect every week and experience no growing pains whatsoever shows just how good Edwards is and how good he will be. Lets not forget, the guy has barely played an entire NFL season....usually you can't even tell if a QB is going to be any good or not before his first 32 games...we knew Edwards was going to be a keeper after about 3 or 4...

IMHO, he still is experiencing some lingering effects from the concussion...he just seems to be processing things a split second slower than he was before it...sounds dumb, but while everything can appear fine and he can pass all the baseline tests, the fine detail and timing can take a little longer to get back...unless it lasts the entire rest of the season, I am not too worried about it...

During the post-game interview, Trent said "I'm not going to call anyone out by any means -- that's not what I do". Well, I'm generally in agreement with this as I don't think it's very helpful to be constantly critical of teammates, but maybe there has to be just a little calling out going on. Jim Kelly called out House Ballard and a few others on offense. Maybe a few players need to be called out. And, of course, Trent is correct in that he has his own mistakes to correct, but I just think someone needs to light a fire under a few of these guys.

Jim Kelly called out House Ballard and a few others on offense. Maybe a few players need to be called out. And, of course, Trent is correct in that he has his own mistakes to correct, but I just think someone needs to light a fire under a few of these guys.

Of course, Jimbo doing that basically killed the team (creating the 'Bickering Bills') until he and Thurman got together and decided that 'calling guys out in the press' is really, really, stupid, and decided to never do it again.

Of course, Jimbo doing that basically killed the team (creating the 'Bickering Bills') until he and Thurman got together and decided that 'calling guys out in the press' is really, really, stupid, and decided to never do it again.

I think the calling out of House Ballard happened in 1988 while the "Bickering Bills" were a 1989 thing, but I do understand your point. As I said, I'm generally against this, but what's the answer to get these players to play to their potential? Or, do we just accept that they already are playing to their potential? I think they can play better. I don't know what the answer is, but Kelly did lead his team to 4 Super Bowls, so maybe his methods (at least for a very short time anyhow), had a place.

During the post-game interview, Trent said "I'm not going to call anyone out by any means -- that's not what I do". Well, I'm generally in agreement with this as I don't think it's very helpful to be constantly critical of teammates, but maybe there has to be just a little calling out going on. Jim Kelly called out House Ballard and a few others on offense. Maybe a few players need to be called out. And, of course, Trent is correct in that he has his own mistakes to correct, but I just think someone needs to light a fire under a few of these guys.

I think not calling guys out shows strong leadership qualities and is why this team respects the 2nd year guy at the helm. The guy puts it on himself when they lose and praises the efforts of his teammates when they win. Championship teams consist of guys who lead by example and who can light fires under themselves.

And while I hope the coaching staff is reading the riot act to guys who aren't doing their job, I hope they are spending as much time improving some of their preparations and showing better in-game decisions. Last 2 weeks was subpar.

I think not calling guys out shows strong leadership qualities and is why this team respects the 2nd year guy at the helm. The guy puts it on himself when they lose and praises the efforts of his teammates when they win. Championship teams consist of guys who lead by example and who can light fires under themselves.

And while I hope the coaching staff is reading the riot act to guys who aren't doing their job, I hope they are spending as much time improving some of their preparations and showing better in-game decisions. Last 2 weeks was subpar.

personally I think if you need to have other guys fire you up to do your job, you are not a guy I want on my team...

I think the calling out of House Ballard happened in 1988 while the "Bickering Bills" were a 1989 thing, but I do understand your point. As I said, I'm generally against this, but what's the answer to get these players to play to their potential? Or, do we just accept that they already are playing to their potential? I think they can play better. I don't know what the answer is, but Kelly did lead his team to 4 Super Bowls, so maybe his methods (at least for a very short time anyhow), had a place.

JK called out Ballard in 89, and it was the catalyst that brought the "bickering" out in the open.

IIRC, Kelly got injured, and was going to miss a few games for the first time in his career. Kelly blamed the injury on Ballard, for missing a block. That was the final straw for some of the other team members. (Prior to this, Jimbo used to run around and refer to himself in the third person. Needless to say, that shtick grew old fairly quickly.)

Throw in some fighting by the assistant coaches ... instant drama.

http://www.13wham.com/content/sports/openm...74-e6f7302719a0

concussion--came back too fast even though he had a good game vs San Diego.

You sure that's the article you want to use to support your conjecture? Don't think I saw the word concussion in there once, much less that he has come back too soon from it. :( I did, however, see many other valid points brought up as to why his performance may be suffering. :thumbsup:

Edwards is still going to go thru some growing pains----after all he is still just a second year QB---the fact that his playing like this is considered awful, when compared to most 2nd year QB's it would be considered normal, shows just how good this kid can be, and how good most already consider him...

remember, even thru all this, the Bills are moving the ball up and down the field---they are just doing dumb things and killing themselves...its a far cry from Losman where there was a good drive and then 3 and a half quarters of praying he could string together a few first downs before punting...

They will be OK....just have to tighten some things up on the offensive side of the ball, and stop doing dumb things. The completely unrealistic expectations everyone has for a 2nd year QB to be perfect every week and experience no growing pains whatsoever shows just how good Edwards is and how good he will be. Lets not forget, the guy has barely played an entire NFL season....usually you can't even tell if a QB is going to be any good or not before his first 32 games...we knew Edwards was going to be a keeper after about 3 or 4...

IMHO, he still is experiencing some lingering effects from the concussion...he just seems to be processing things a split second slower than he was before it...sounds dumb, but while everything can appear fine and he can pass all the baseline tests, the fine detail and timing can take a little longer to get back...unless it lasts the entire rest of the season, I am not too worried about it...

You are right on in my opinion. Remembering back to Kelly's first year, it seemed 4 or so games ended with any chance of a Bills victory/comeback ending with Kelly getting picked by a linebacker. I think it was one game ago Trent played in his 16th game. Yesterday, with no running game to rely on at all, he was faced with having to take over the game and carry the team on his shoulders. Kelly didn't do that in his first year and I'm just saying we need to be realistic with our expectations.

It will be interesting to see who steps up as a leader and playmaker in the next 4 weeks, which will make or break the season.

Where does that say anything about his concussion? :thumbsup::(:wallbash:

It was between the lines. Come on--obvious. But even if he didnt mention it---TE is definitely moving slower and reacting slower than before the hit. Hi sprotection was abyssmal in those games --the early ones--and he still did amazing things. Better protection in later games---miserable drop off--looking very shaky at times. Concussion.

It was between the lines. Come on--obvious. But even if he didnt mention it---TE is definitely moving slower and reacting slower than before the hit. Hi sprotection was abyssmal in those games --the early ones--and he still did amazing things. Better protection in later games---miserable drop off--looking very shaky at times. Concussion.

If you consider 25/30 with a TD, no Int, and a 114 rating a "miserable drop off", then I wonder how he would do when healthy?

Please identify for us all (or at least some) of the times you noticed him being "very shaky at times", just so we all know what we're talking about.

I think the author hit it right on the head about missing Josh Reed in this offense. Teams seemed unable to double Evans earlier on because Josh was catching everything thrown his way when they would double Evans. Also, excellent point about the running game. I can't count the # of times I swore at the screen, "Run to the edges" just to repeatedly see them run it up the middle for no yards :thumbsup:

Missing Josh Reed - are you kidding me???? A guy people have tried to run out of town for years is suddenly the missing piece to the Bills' offense :(

Two things to consider with Trent - A. He's really only just completed his first year as a starter; B. Two teams he has struggled against are division teams that already know him - especially Mangini's squad.

:(

You sure that's the article you want to use to support your conjecture? Don't think I saw the word concussion in there once, much less that he has come back too soon from it. :wallbash: I did, however, see many other valid points brought up as to why his performance may be suffering. :thumbsup:

If you consider 25/30 with a TD, no Int, and a 114 rating a "miserable drop off", then I wonder how he would do when healthy?

Please identify for us all (or at least some) of the times you noticed him being "very shaky at times", just so we all know what we're talking about.

I don't think you're right and neither did anyone in this or the other thread. You just want to be right and that is all this is about. You must be really fun to work or live with. You, COME ON, I am right, no?