Defend Trent Now

Virgil

I thought Edward played pretty well overall. His first pick was from Roscoe falling down, and his 2nd pick was his fault, but overall a good game. I know the box score doesn't reflect that, but he played very well with no running game.

As Sims made clear, that was going to be a pick regardless of Roscoe stumbling. The CB was all over that route.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do people feel they have to rag on the few players actually doing their job? How about Corey McIntyre who whiffed his block when TE was sacked and fumbled? How about Jason Whittle totally oblivious of a Jets blitzer as he ran right by him? How about our fat tub-of-lard O-line that is so bad we have to abandon the running game so defenses just tee off on our pass game? How about or D-line that gave Favre all day?

Edwards had his share of bad plays but he didn't cost us the game. You think JP would be better? The AZ game proved otherwise. This team will never do anything until we fix our lines. That's the bottom line. Nothing else works until you do that.

PTR

Give him some pass blocking and maybe that wouldn't happen.

Funny how good he looked a couple of weeks ago when he had

all the time in the world to throw the ball. Darn near perfect

QB rating.

He got his butt handed to him by the O-line today. Way to run and

pass block O-line. What a bunch of overpaid players. I would say over-rated,

but those in the know understand they suk.

he had plenty of time to throw today...he was holding the ball way too long

Exactly. We all know that Trent has a fine layer of teflon on him and cannot be blamed for anything. Nothing sticks to him.

Yeah, that's it. Way to see the big picture.

WOW! I feel as if I've been saved!

How could I believe that the O-line, D-line, pass rush, run defense, run blocking,

pass blocking, injured WR's, poor coaching, injured DE's have anything to do with

this loss? How dare me!

THANK YOU FOR POINTING IT OUT TO ME THAT TRENT IS THE ONLY PROBLEM WITH THIS TEAM!!

Are you a Bills fan or a Losman fan? If Edwards is not the answer, there is none. Let's rehash Flutie v. Johnson while we are at it.

Bingo, we have a bingo. This was my greatest fear when the Bills gave up on JP. Trent is no worse than JP but he is certainly no better. The Bills are back to square one, let's hope they draft a GOOD one.

Whatever.

Funny how on these boards a few short weeks ago, Trent was the second

coming...

Now that the O-line is totally exposed, Trent is the problem.

Sorry, but get your head out of the dirt.

This is the best line we've had here in five years, and while I realize that's not saying much, how come its only now that the O-line is finally exposed now that Trent is starting? Sorry, but I think it's you who needs to get his head out of the dirt.

Edwards had his share of bad plays but he didn't cost us the game. You think JP would be better? The AZ game proved otherwise. This team will never do anything until we fix our lines. That's the bottom line. Nothing else works until you do that.

Edwards' 10 points off turnovers didn't cost the Bills the game? Are you serious? :thumbdown:

Ask me again after his 31st NFL start.

Until then, I expect he'll play like I've suspected from the beginning: lots of good plays, a few bad ones, and a couple that will absolutely kill us at the wrong time.

I'm FAR FAR more concerned about a defense that allows a drive of 8:41, after seizing the momentum and once again puts the offense in a bad position.

Trent has certainly screwed the pooch the last few games at various times but I'll continue to place most of the onus on a defense defense that can't get off the field often enough to give the offense more opportunities.

GO BILLS!!!

Yeah, that's it. Way to see the big picture.

WOW! I feel as if I've been saved!

How could I believe that the O-line, D-line, pass rush, run defense, run blocking,

pass blocking, injured WR's, poor coaching, injured DE's have anything to do with

this loss? How dare me!

THANK YOU FOR POINTING IT OUT TO ME THAT TRENT IS THE ONLY PROBLEM WITH THIS TEAM!!

I completely agree with you. I'm simply responding to Trent's play in the same manner all the Trentsters responded to JPs play last year. JP was often unfairly criticized. It's just Trent's turn now. This team has had a lot of bad play and coaching from a large cast the past couple weeks.

Edwards didn't have a great game, I'll give you that but he threw the ball well most of the time. Defense Blew! They couldn't stop the run game, plus we couldn't run the ball. Trent is bound to stuggle some, he is young and so is Hardy (before you start a thread about him being a wasted draft pick). They really did play a piss poor sloppy game though. JP wouldn't have done better, IMO. But I was never a JP homer, too much pressure! the o line, they just sucked again. JP would have done the happy feet deer in the head lights thing. I am frankly worried Trents going to get hurt.

We looked like a bad team starting at the beginning of the year, they seem to have lost it during the bye week. Why can't they go through the progressions and make plays (execute)?

On both sides, stupid penalties, no push on the O-line again and no pressure from the D line, the backers were shabby too, Poz had a bunch of misses today, didn't see Mitchell all day. Where were the blitzes? Why did Jauron waste another challenge? I would have kicked the first FG and gone for it the second one that Lindell missed, too (Lynch was back and running better by then). Where is the fullback? and why can we run a screen play? LOL just shows you they remember last weeks game even though they say they forget it.

The only bright spots were Fine, Fine start for the fine young man and Johnson. I say put him out there more. Who cares about draft position I want results.

Edwards had his share of bad plays but he didn't cost us the game.

Yes he did. Again. This is a quarterback who has very little interest in trying for the big play. We accept that because he's supposed to be great at long methodical drives that end in scores by minimizing the negative plays. This is the second consecutive week where he delivered on the first part of that pact (no big plays) but not on the second (no mistakes).

He handed the Jets ten points with his turn overs. He took three off the board for his own team with that interception return. He took two horrible sacks when he had plenty of time to throw, run, or get rid of the ball on consecutive plays to turn a chipshot field goal into a challenging field goal that Lindell ultimately missed. That's a -16 margin that Edwards is partially or fully responsible for.

These are mistakes that would be much easier to dismiss if Edwards countered them with big plays. But he so rarely does that. Frankly, he's regressing badly.