Defend Trent Now

Virgil

I wish the D-line would stop throwing pick-6's in the red zone....

Give him some pass blocking and maybe that wouldn't happen.

Funny how good he looked a couple of weeks ago when he had

all the time in the world to throw the ball. Darn near perfect

QB rating.

He got his butt handed to him by the O-line today. Way to run and

pass block O-line. What a bunch of overpaid players. I would say over-rated,

but those in the know understand they suk.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yet when losman had performances like this, it was excuses...

you can't have it both ways. edwards played like crap.

First of all, take JP's rooster out of your mouth. now stick it in your ass. Your hate for TE doesn't allow you to see how bad our O line is. We can't run, we can't block. We were killed out there today. Did you watch the game? Yes Trent made some bad plays for sure, but he did not play like crap. He is lucky to still be standing.

Yes we dont have a running game but we knew the Jets are good on run D. Should have planned around it.

The pick-6 was all Trent. The fumble is now, what the third in 2 games by Trent ? How is it not on him ? How about the times he held on too long ? I see no reason to give Trent a pass for this game. He is sucking lately after teasing us in the first 5 games. There are other reasons we lost also, but this thread about Trent's performance and he is a BIG reason we lost.

How is the fumble his fault??

Blind side rush with zero protection, again!

Give him some pass blocking and maybe that wouldn't happen.

Funny how good he looked a couple of weeks ago when he had

all the time in the world to throw the ball. Darn near perfect

QB rating.

He got his butt handed to him by the O-line today. Way to run and

pass block O-line. What a bunch of overpaid players. I would say over-rated,

but those in the know understand they suk.

On that pick-6, he had little pressure. Not more than any QB can expect to see anyway. There is NO excuse for that play.

First of all, take JP's rooster out of your mouth. now stick it in your ass. Your hate for TE doesn't allow you to see how bad our O line is. We can't run, we can't block. We were killed out there today. Did you watch the game? Yes Trent made some bad plays for sure, but he did not play like crap. He is lucky to still be standing.

edwards gave up as many points as the offense scored. take it how you will.

The pick-6 was all Trent. The fumble is now, what the third in 2 games by Trent ? How is it not on him ? How about the times he held on too long ? I see no reason to give Trent a pass for this game. He is sucking lately after teasing us in the first 5 games. There are other reasons we lost also, but this thread about Trent's performance and he is a BIG reason we lost.

Didn't the Jets give him fits with that same corner blitz in the Meadowlands last year? I seem to remember them blitzing the crap out of him before JP came in, all on that corner blitz, and he just didn't pick it up. I don't think he fumbled but I think he got hit hard a couple times right after throwing. Maybe my memory is off.

Yes we dont have a running game but we knew the Jets are good on run D. Should have planned around it.

Bite your heresy speaking tongue! Only JP hangs onto the ball too long, never Trent! :wallbash:

Yeah same to you. The exact same could and should be said about the Arizona game, yet you and the JP haters were blaming him for the loss.

And this just in: Trent makes some really stupid mistakes that are actually in fact HIS fault. If JP had played the exact same game the past two weeks, you'd be screaming for his head and telling us all how he has no intelligence. When Trent basically gives two division games away with 6 turnovers in two games on some absolutely ridiculous plays, we get to hear how he didn't play that bad and it was the rest of the team that sucked, not him.

But hey, the homoerotic cracks really help cover that up.

I can empathize with the OP, because my fuzzy memory doesn't ever recall JP getting a similar pass from the fans. No pocket awareness, takes too long to read plays, turnover machine. Sound familiar?

Oh wait, the run game was invisible and Bills couldn't stop the opposition when they needed to. Sound familiar?

Let's revisit another great quote:

"So with Trent out there I don't have any worries at all. I sit on the bench, drink a little water, a little Gatorade and I glance over at the scoreboard. We need him out there. I felt like if we had him for the entire game against Arizona we might be sitting here talking about a 6-0 football team instead of 5-1. I really believe that."

Nostalgia is great, isn't it?

Yep. With no running game, and crap pass blocking, what did you

think would happen??

Ain't Edwards fault. Blame both the O-line for poor run and pass blocking,

and the D-line for poor pash rush...again....

Exactly. We all know that Trent has a fine layer of teflon on him and cannot be blamed for anything. Nothing sticks to him.

He has no pocket presence.

Oh wait, that's when JP get's blind-sided and fumbles. Sorry, wrong QB!

Whatever.

Funny how on these boards a few short weeks ago, Trent was the second

coming...

Now that the O-line is totally exposed, Trent is the problem.

Sorry, but get your head out of the dirt.

Yeah same to you. The exact same could and should be said about the Arizona game, yet you and the JP haters were blaming him for the loss.

And this just in: Trent makes some really stupid mistakes that are actually in fact HIS fault. If JP had played the exact same game the past two weeks, you'd be screaming for his head and telling us all how he has no intelligence. When Trent basically gives two division games away with 6 turnovers in two games on some absolutely ridiculous plays, we get to hear how he didn't play that bad and it was the rest of the team that sucked, not him.

I hear you.