Packers DE Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila Released!

billieve420

This isn't one of those situations in my opinion. As Lori pointed out he had knee surgery last year and it takes awhile for a guy to come back from that. Also, it looks more like a sal cap move. Bring him in take a look at him and he would probably be worth it as a backup at a lower salary with the possibility of getting better next year. He could at least be used as a wave DE.

He's no stranger to small markets and might like them.

How was it a salary cap move? GB is on the hook for his entire salary this year, so for him to be released now is because his production was nil. Read the articles and Packer forums response.

I still agree with all of those who said to give this guy a try. He's been in the league nine years and has played at a high level. He isn't going to cost much, and he is definitely worth giving a look for half a year. The worst case scenario is the Bills find out he won't be much help and isn't worth resigning at the end of this year.

The best case scenario is we got a rotating DE who, at least at this point, could be an upgrade over Ellis, Bryan, and Denney. You can never have too much DE end depth, especially with our poor pash rush and a nagging injury to Schobel and many in the defensive front seven.

Nightcrawler

http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2008/11/01/1/

Breaking news Packers release Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila. I hope the Bills FO is on the phone with his agent setting up an visit. I think he would be a great addition to our D-line. He hasn't had a great year so far but I don't think it would be a bad risk to give him a shot.

Not gonna happen. If you thought Schobel was bad defending the run wait till you get a load of this guy. :rolleyes:

How was it a salary cap move? GB is on the hook for his entire salary this year, so for him to be released now is because his production was nil. Read the articles and Packer forums response.

Lori is the most knowledgeable football fan on this board. When she mentioned his salary in her post I assumed it had to do with a salcap issue.

Riiiiiight, ok. Get all the NFL GMs on the phone! Tell them that it's no longer a good thing for a defensive lineman to be quick. This is a major development in football theory!

Take quotes out of context and respond to them. It was a joke dude seriously.

He didn't start, he had offseason knee surgery, and his base salary was $6.15 million this year. Bad combination.

Lori is the most knowledgeable football fan on this board. When she mentioned his salary in her post I assumed it had to do with a salcap issue.

As she said, his base salary was $6.15 million this year. GB owes it all to him at this point whether he's with them or not. The fact that they chose to pay him for not being on the roster says it all.

I know he's older and lost a step, but he would add a pass rushing threat. The guy has been getting to the QB for years. I think he would help. He would be a better option than what we have right now.

GB cut him this weekend, but it didnt say why...is he hurt? If he isnt hurt, seems like he might be worth looking at to help our pass rush. Even to add depth at DE...although, with as much money we are paying our current DE's, he would have to come at a reasonable price...

I mean he has been one of the top pass rushers for a while now. I cant help but think of Joey Porter, who Pitt thought didnt have much left and let him walk, and now he is having a monster year and single handly just whooped our azz last week.

GB cut him this weekend, but it didnt say why...is he hurt? If he isnt hurt, seems like he might be worth looking at to help our pass rush. Even to add depth at DE...although, with as much money we are paying our current DE's, he would have to come at a reasonable price...

I mean he has been one of the top pass rushers for a while now. I cant help but think of Joey Porter, who Pitt thought didnt have much left and let him walk, and now he is having a monster year and single handly just whooped our azz last week.

Scroll down...