Schopp

Guest FUKK THE BILLS

I agree entirely. Trent was not responsible for the loss at all.

Edit: And I'm a self-proclaimed JP fanboy. In retrospect, I was probably not a JP fanboy, but instead a realist who doesn't jump the gun and start blaming the quarterback for losses.

Yes he was.... Am I upset at the loss.... Yes.... To absolve Trent is a joke and makes you no better then the JP "fanboys".... Again though I wonder as to the playcalling, the formations and decisions. No I am not piling on, just stating a fact that he was mediocre after the first drive and bad in the 4th. The fact that I say I want to see a definitive breakout 300+ game and 3 td's is not too much to ask imo....

I do blame the coaches though like I blamed them when JP qb'd for a lot of the errors....

1. 3 Runs on first and goal

2. Not enough shot-gun when it did work

3. Not one throw to the end-zone the entire game

4. Too many check-downs

5. A lousy hand-off to Lynch from the shot-gun on a 3rd and three

6. No swing passes or throws to the backs out of the backfield (one screen drop by Lynch)

Again 7 games (one injured) and only 5 TD passes is not MVP stats like some have stated.....

The fact Schopp absolves TE after last week calling his performance the greatest ever, adds to my dislike....

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no reason to pretend I'm absolving Trent. I'm just saying that he's not one of our problems right now. If you're worrying about that then you're insane. A second year QB in a tough road divisional rivalry game chocking in the 4th quarter is expected. It is not what he did though. The interception, he was hit. The fumble was clearly not one of the worst mistakes a Bill made, and to be honest, the safety looked bad and was probably Trent's error, but he looked accurate and moved the ball well when down two scores late. He wanted that win, and looked like he overcame his "errors" and was marching. An unfortunate Royal fumble was frustrating more to me than Trent's mistakes because I would've liked to have seen what he could have done.

We're way ahead of schedule, our 3rd round QB is way ahead of schedule and this is a time to embrace the Bills, not bash their quarterback unmercifully because you can't take a loss.

I used to hate Schoop but now I like the show. i didn't listen today, though.........He does revert back to his super arrogant everybody else is an idiot on the postgame show. They should have somebody else do that show..........But, I think he's generally smart and funny sometimes, and now that he doesn't hate on the Bills at every moment, I no longer want to punch him, as the subject line suggests.

Everybody here used to hate when he hated on the Bills, as I did, and now everybody is complaining because he's actually defending the Bills or at least their QB.

It's amazing how pompous and arrogant he is..... but the only game in town (or available here in Toronto).... The fact they ignore TE's bad game (and gloss over it) and just write off this game perplexes me.... They said that they could accept an Arizona loss as it was out of conference, on the road.... and as there will be losses this is one they'd rationalize. The fact JP played made them (Bulldog his lackey) ecstatic.

Now TE has a very questionable game, making mistakes that we only thought JP made and they defelct all the blame and shrug their shoulders.

As another aside TE seems to be reverting to some of those checkdown options that people questioned last year, with almost no mid/long passes yesterday (one underthrown, arm hit catch by Lee Evans).

Bad games happen, the Defense, decision making and coaching I thought was questionable.

What a lot of people seem to forget is that a successful offense is like a machine, and that the quarterback is only one of the parts to that machine. If other parts are broken--as was the case against the Dolphins--the machine won't work.

A good example of this was the AFC Championship game: Bills against the Chiefs. The Chiefs had Joe Montana at quarterback, and he'd just led his team to victory in a shootout over the Oilers. Clearly, the quarterback position was not a problem for them. But their supporting cast got dominated by the Bills' supporting cast. Montana led the Chiefs to just two FGs before getting knocked out at the end of the first half.

In passing situations, was the Dolphins' defensive dominance over the Bills' supporting cast any less complete than the Bills' dominance had been over the Chiefs? On passing downs, our offensive line looked downright awful. That level of play would have been an embarrassment to a typical high school team. Other than Evans, the Bills' receiving options were a real disappointment. Reed was out, Royal and Lynch combined for four dropped passes, and Hardy couldn't get open. Overall, Edwards' supporting cast got flat-out dominated by the Dolphins' defense. If Joe Montana was on pace for a 12 point game when his supporting cast was flat-out dominated, why do people suppose that Edwards should be able to light up the scoreboard on a day when his own supporting cast (other than Evans) had been absolutely embarrassed by the Dolphins? Do you think that Edwards should be more able to mask the weakness of his supporting cast than Montana had been?

As far as Edwards "reverting" to checkdown options, what was he supposed to do on a day when the offensive line simply didn't pass protect? The one time he relied on the offensive line to provide some modicum of pass protection (against a three man rush), he ended up getting a safety.

Yea, that dude is a joke. When he was in Rochester I would listen to that douche before Jim Rome, and it was agony. He would do the same thing here he'd tell people to stop calling and complaining about him talking about the Rochester Rhinos soccer team with his homo buddy "soccer sam". I understand that in a small market you've gotta put a little local flavor on your show, but soccer? I feel sorry for you guys in Buffalo but im glad he's your problem, and if he gets fired or changes cities I would love for you guys to take John DiTullio off our hands, cuz i think he might be worse.

There is no reason to pretend I'm absolving Trent. I'm just saying that he's not one of our problems right now. If you're worrying about that then you're insane. A second year QB in a tough road divisional rivalry game chocking in the 4th quarter is expected. It is not what he did though. The interception, he was hit. The fumble was clearly not one of the worst mistakes a Bill made, and to be honest, the safety looked bad and was probably Trent's error, but he looked accurate and moved the ball well when down two scores late. He wanted that win, and looked like he overcame his "errors" and was marching. An unfortunate Royal fumble was frustrating more to me than Trent's mistakes because I would've liked to have seen what he could have done.

We're way ahead of schedule, our 3rd round QB is way ahead of schedule and this is a time to embrace the Bills, not bash their quarterback unmercifully because you can't take a loss.

I don't know you personally, but trying to absolve Trent for those mistakes just doesn't make sense. Why was he hit as he threw? He held the ball too long. Why did he fumble? He held the ball too long.

It certainly wasn't all his fault. There was plenty of blame to go around. But he just did NOT have a good game. Again, I don't know you personally, but virtually all of the JP haters would have been all over JP if he had had the exact game that Trent did. But because it is Trent instead of JP, well, that makes it OK somehow.

Our offense has been a popgun this year. The offense simply don't score a lot, and considering the teams we have played, that is a flashing red warning buzzer. The o-line also should take significant blame, more for their inability to run block effectively than anything to do with the passing.

But if you absolve Trent after this game, you aren't getting the whole picture.

The good thing about Trent: he's young.

The bad thing about Trent: he's young.

I don't see this Bills team doing any damage in the playoffs this year, even if we make them and the o-line and Trent will carry most of the blame, IMO. A year or two down the road if he continues improving may be another story.

I don't know you personally, but trying to absolve Trent for those mistakes just doesn't make sense. Why was he hit as he threw? He held the ball too long. Why did he fumble? He held the ball too long.

It certainly wasn't all his fault. There was plenty of blame to go around. But he just did NOT have a good game. Again, I don't know you personally, but virtually all of the JP haters would have been all over JP if he had had the exact game that Trent did. But because it is Trent instead of JP, well, that makes it OK somehow.

Our offense has been a popgun this year. The offense simply don't score a lot, and considering the teams we have played, that is a flashing red warning buzzer. The o-line also should take significant blame, more for their inability to run block effectively than anything to do with the passing.

But if you absolve Trent after this game, you aren't getting the whole picture.

The good thing about Trent: he's young.

The bad thing about Trent: he's young.

I don't see this Bills team doing any damage in the playoffs this year, even if we make them and the o-line and Trent will carry most of the blame, IMO. A year or two down the road if he continues improving may be another story.

Bang on.... Just a bad game, particularly the fourth quarter, though he was not sharp much of the game. Again though as I posted earlier the coaching staff somewhat suspect in their offensive play calling.

What I am saying here in the context of Schopp is last week he went on and on about Edwards and the game vs. SD as the greatest game ever (and again he did not throw for 300 and multiple TDs) and he is mum this week outside his veiled shots against JP when he says the playoffs are a given as long as Edwards QBs.....

In general, I don't mind Schopp. Yes, he's arrogant, pompous and all of that stuff. But we know that going in. This year, though, it seems like he has decided that his theme will be that the Bills are really good, once and for all. So no matter what happens during the week, it will always be framed with "they are really good". When they win, we can't criticize any particular play or player, because they just won the game, and after all they are really good. When they lose, the answer seems to be "these things happen to all of the teams". So I wince whenever someone tried to point out a flaw on the Bills. I do like the fact that Jerry Sullivan is positive this year on the team. That's refreshing. As for Bulldog - I don't think I have ever heard him offer any insight. He just repeats what his partner had just said. Nice work if you can get it.

It's hard to take a guy serious who is so obviously arrogant out of pure insecurity. Add up what you know about Schopp and ask yourself how you'd feel and how you'd counter those feelings:

1. He's on talk radio in the 49th largest media market (ie, he's a nobody)

2. He plays strat-o-matic and thinks it's cool but can't understand why no one else does (we all grew up and matured)

3. He's an avid card collector (again, we all grew up)

4. He was a stat keeper in high school and never played sports (his hatred of football players is obviously traced to this feeling of ineptitude and scrawniness)

5. He plays tennis and no one cares

All the classis trappings of a completely and total dork. Imagine this: the guy in your high school class has these attiributes and you may have liked him, but honestly, you thought the kid was a dork and he got picked on for it. No, imagine how his attitude and ego would grow if he got a radio show and that internal rage of his had a chance to fester to anyone he thought he was better than (a rarity in his life). What you get it Schopp. Plain and simple.

He's intelligent, I'll give him that. But like most sports radio guys, he's a complete and total dweeb.

And you know what, Dennis Williams is 50 times better and more intelligent. He could replace Schopp and WGR would get more listeners. I get in the car to leave work at 5 and if there is an interview, I listen. But as soon as the show goes backl to standard format, on comes something else. It's unlistenable.

It's hard to take a guy serious who is so obviously arrogant out of pure insecurity. Add up what you know about Schopp and ask yourself how you'd feel and how you'd counter those feelings:

1. He's on talk radio in the 49th largest media market (ie, he's a nobody)

2. He plays strat-o-matic and thinks it's cool but can't understand why no one else does (we all grew up and matured)

3. He's an avid card collector (again, we all grew up)

4. He was a stat keeper in high school and never played sports (his hatred of football players is obviously traced to this feeling of ineptitude and scrawniness)

5. He plays tennis and no one cares

All the classis trappings of a completely and total dork. Imagine this: the guy in your high school class has these attiributes and you may have liked him, but honestly, you thought the kid was a dork and he got picked on for it. No, imagine how his attitude and ego would grow if he got a radio show and that internal rage of his had a chance to fester to anyone he thought he was better than (a rarity in his life). What you get it Schopp. Plain and simple.

He's intelligent, I'll give him that. But like most sports radio guys, he's a complete and total dweeb.

And you know what, Dennis Williams is 50 times better and more intelligent. He could replace Schopp and WGR would get more listeners. I get in the car to leave work at 5 and if there is an interview, I listen. But as soon as the show goes backl to standard format, on comes something else. It's unlistenable.

Unfair analysis and I hate Schopp.... Many people (actually most) who are great analysts and sports personalities were not great athletes in school and were probably more bookwormish , stats geeks and analysts even back then. In Toronto we had/have Chuck Swirsky & Dan Shulman to name just 2 of the best..... Neither were jerks and nothing like Schopp. Sullivan and Howard Simon are quite good and neither are/were athletes. Schopp however is just terrible and the Bulldog as the ex-jock every-man just refuses to stand up to Schopp or offer a contrarian opinion. Schopp is not that intelligent as a sign of intelligence is to be able to listen admit faults and learn. He has his script and will not deviate. For every insight he does make it is lost with his pounding the same point and not being objective at all.....

I recall in the early 90's when he was on the air in Rochester, there was talk that he would soon be on ESPN, or some other national level. 17 years later, that never happened.

Don't forget his arrogance also comes from him belonging to Menza, and having an attorney for a wife. Those things also help make him superior to every one else! (at least in his own eyes.)

PS I wonder if he reads this site and what does he really think of that fact that pretty much everyone thinks he sucks?

Probably that we're even dumber than he's already given us credit for!

Don't forget his arrogance also comes from him belonging to Menza,

He loves to mention that.

The need to speaks volumes.

Clueless and sad.

WGR's management is ultimately at fault of course since they let him treat the listeners this way, so it only encourages him.

They refuse to value their listeners and the only way they will get rid of him is if it costs them tangible $$$ or they finally draw a line in the sand and he crosses it.

People listening and supporting the shows advertisers only prolongs his time on WGR.

So all we can do is not listen plus I think you'd have to get a bunch of people voice their objections to the advertisers.

i hardly ever listen except when the bills lose and it becomes quite entertaining. i will listen to brad a couple days a week, mainly when he has reuben brown on. unfortunately UB football takes priority over the Bills for brad. and that is sad as well as somewhat pathetic. reuben should have just hosted the show by himself last night with that coach mookie guy

I recall in the early 90's when he was on the air in Rochester, there was talk that he would soon be on ESPN, or some other national level. 17 years later, that never happened.

Don't forget his arrogance also comes from him belonging to Menza, and having an attorney for a wife. Those things also help make him superior to every one else! (at least in his own eyes.)

PS I wonder if he reads this site and what does he really think of that fact that pretty much everyone thinks he sucks?

Probably that we're even dumber than he's already given us credit for!

Actually, he did do some weekend work for ESPN Radio. Not sure if he still does.

Bragging about Mensa, well, I used to do that too. Then I realized how insufferably arrogant it made me sound, and that nobody gives a crap about my SAT scores (the reason for the invite) 25 years later. I can still be insufferable, but not about that.

And his antipathy for boards like this one, and the "ignorant morons" who post here, is already well known.