Powell

Powell endorses Omama but will not campaing for him . Now if anyone thinks the election is not about race here is one of Powells statements . Powell said that electing an African-American president would be “electrifying” for the world .Just there fact he has stated this contest is not about race makes it one.

For all you Bush bashers keep in mind Powell was one of Bushs 's minions , and he you say he dint know any better he didnt then and he doesnt now. Bush is a underhanded SOB by the way.

Besides he was the ' token' on the Pentagon . :D If he didnt like Bush's policies he should have quit long before he did.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he didnt like Bush's policies he should have quit long before he did.

Word! He shouldn't have done one of the most dispicable acts of fearmongering and lying ever done in American history when he gave his BS presentation to the UN, with all sorts of scary power point pictures of mobile weapons labs, drone aircraft and viles of bio terror stuff.

F him! Hope he rots in hell

Powell's endorsement is interesting. Powell specifically criticized McCain's choice of Palin as unfit to lead. He had to say this in not about race because not addressing that fact would be ignoring the pink elephant in the room. What as sec, if we had done that with Bush, we might not be in the same shi$#% we are in now. Though we would be donkey sh#$%5, oh well.

Republican's will likely try and dismiss it, newspapers will try and amplify disgruntled Republicans over Palin's choice. Powell still is defending Bush and Cheney to an extent and yet still criticizing "us". He thinks that Obama will govern from the center. Hopefully if he wins that will happen.

He thinks that Obama will govern from the center. Hopefully if he wins that will happen.

With political trifecta buddies like Nancy "San Francisco" Pelosi and Harry "we lost the Iraq war" Reid? You'll need more than hope, you'll need a miracle. I'm preparing for a very hard left turn in the country.

As for Powell, he's full of it. If this was a lilly-white liberal democratic freshman senator named "Steven" Obama he would certainly NOT be endorsing him. He's so completely full of it when he states that his endorsement is not about Obama's race. Is there any politician out there who can actually tell the truth? I'll be so glad when all this bs ends in a few weeks.

With political trifecta buddies like Nancy "San Francisco" Pelosi and Harry "we lost the Iraq war" Reid? You'll need more than hope, you'll need a miracle. I'm preparing for a very hard left turn in the country.

If Obama gets in and I am not saying he will, but if he does he will have to govern from the fiscal middle or else he will be done in two years. Pelosi is a concern, however, you don't know what you talking about when it comes to Reid. He is one of the more moderate Members of the Senate.

His comments in Iraq are based on the fact that we are still there how many years later after "Mission Accomplished" I am still not sure we won anything with this war except to waste a lot of tax payer dollars, you go one believing that things are going swimmingly over there. Things are better, but we have by no means won. If we had, how come we can't pick up and leave today???

Oh that is right, things will plunge into ciaos and the terrorists will return, which mean we haven't won anything, just bought a little time.

Powell specifically said that if it was just about him supporting a black candidate, he could have done it months ago. He said he wanted to evaluate both men and how they acted and reacted to events, and how they acted during the financial crisis a couple weeks ago was the clincher.

I guess some of you still see him as a black general and black sec. of state, not just a general and sec. of state.

Powell specifically said that if it was just about him supporting a black candidate, he could have done it months ago. He said he wanted to evaluate both men and how they acted and reacted to events, and how they acted during the financial crisis a couple weeks ago was the clincher.

I guess some of you still see him as a black general and black sec. of state, not just a general and sec. of state.

No, I see him as someone who sttod up in front of the entire world all about Saddam's WMD. He was wrong then, he is wrong now.

Powell did have some really good things to say:

Finally, the most moving part of Powell's 'Meet the Press' appearance was this bit (the picture is from The New Yorker):

And it is permitted to be said such things as, "Well, you know that Mr. Obama is a Muslim." Well, the correct answer is, he is not a Muslim, he's a Christian. He's always been a Christian. But the really right answer is, what if he is? Is there something wrong with being a Muslim in this country? The answer's no, that's not America. Is there something wrong with some seven-year-old Muslim-American kid believing that he or she could be president?

I feel strongly about this particular point because of a picture I saw in a magazine. It was a photo essay about troops who are serving in Iraq and Afghanistan. And one picture at the tail end of this photo essay was of a mother in Arlington Cemetery, and she had her head on the headstone of her son's grave. And as the picture focused in, you could see the writing on the headstone. And it gave his awards--Purple Heart, Bronze Star--showed that he died in Iraq, gave his date of birth, date of death. He was 20 years old. And then, at the very top of the headstone, it didn't have a Christian cross, it didn't have the Star of David, it had crescent and a star of the Islamic faith. And his name was Kareem Rashad Sultan Khan, and he was an American. He was born in New Jersey. He was 14 years old at the time of 9/11, and he waited until he can go serve his country, and he gave his life.

It was a great point, and I guess it--unfortuntly--takes a person like him to say it, a guy that supported the war, is a Republican and a veteran. Of Course Rush Limbo is attacking him now:

"I am now researching his past endorsements to see if I can find all the inexperienced, very liberal, white candidates he has endorsed. I'll let you know what I come up with."

http://blogs.tnr.com/tnr/blogs/the_plank/a...h-v-powell.aspx

Did you give Bush the same consideration? naw, didn't think so...

LMAO

No, I see him as someone who sttod up in front of the entire world all about Saddam's WMD. He was wrong then, he is wrong now.

how does this relate to Bush? You accuse Powell of being wrong, but he was just a messenger for bad intelligence information. Bush isn't endorsing a presidential candidate in this thread. If we were discussing Bush and his record, you might have a point. But nice smokescreen :censored:

Oh goodness.. to all you living breathing McCain talking points... I give you Colin Powell:

Not to be cynical but let's get back to the reality of this endorsement. Either he's choosing his race over his country OR he no longer believes in the conservative values he's held for 50 years because Barack Obama is a "transformational" candidate.

Both reasons are highly suspect. Kind of like that WMD thing. What's weird is that the endorsement of the guy who sold the Iraq War to America has suddenly made the anti-Iraq War messiah so damn humble.

Did you give Bush the same consideration? naw, didn't think so...

Sorry, I don't give Bush ANY consideration. He was all about invading Iraq, NO MATTER WHAT!

He had his own agenda, along with Cheney and Rice. Powell was not an insider and just did what he was told.

Not to be cynical but let's get back to the reality of this endorsement. Either he's choosing his race over his country OR he no longer believes in the conservative values he's held for 50 years because Barack Obama is a "transformational" candidate.

Both reasons are highly suspect. Kind of like that WMD thing. What's weird is that the endorsement of the guy who sold the Iraq War to America has suddenly made the anti-Iraq War messiah so damn humble.

I believe that he endorsed Obama simply because he doesn't believe in McCain and especially Palin.