John McCargo

bills_red

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index...%3dclayton_john

McCargo's days numbered: The Bills accepted defensive tackle John McCargo back after his trade to the Indianapolis Colts was voided because of a bulging disk but it will be interesting to see how long he remains in Buffalo. The trading deadline is over, so he can't go anywhere. Coaches took a few public shots at McCargo so it's pretty clear they don't want him back. Expect him to be released pretty quickly.

Why not just put him on IR and trade him in the offseason? not just cut him.

Considering the source, and the fact that McCargo participated in practice yesterday, I look forward to a long and fruitful career from McCargo as a Bill.

McCargo's on life support with this team right now, and everyone knows it. They're practicing him in an attempt to prove he's healthy, but with the trade deadline passed, he's in no man's land. They could entertain a trade after the season, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's cut.

Let's all agree the guy was a bust, though not without some decent plays. It's bad when a player isn't capable of playing in the NFL. I think it's safe to say McCargo has great ability, but serious motivational issues.

Then again, Indy drafted Quinn Pitcock in the third and he didn't want to play football. It happens to teams, just hopefully not with first rounders.

I was tickled by the article that said that the Colts will make McCargo a solid player. I guess they think the Bills coaching staff is not very good. But in my opinion, if we had Peyton Manning at QB our O-line would be looking a lot better than Indy's. I believe Edwards has a lot of potential, but he cannot be expected to carry a team while he has yet to play in 16 games. Peyton can and does carry that team often.

McCargo's on life support with this team right now, and everyone knows it. They're practicing him in an attempt to prove he's healthy, but with the trade deadline passed, he's in no man's land. They could entertain a trade after the season, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's cut.

We now know that when healthy he is worth at least a 4th rounder, for this reason, I don't see us cutting him. I hope he gets healthy and starts to contribute or if not, he lands in the IR. I agree withthe poster that said the Colts will pick him up if we drop him.

It doesn't make sense to put him on IR or release him. You gain nothing by doing it. They traded Mccargo to get a 4th round pick. If they release him they get nothing but a open roster spot.

I hope this lights a fire under Mccargo because he is playing for his 2nd contract at this point.

It doesn't make sense to put him on IR or release him. You gain nothing by doing it. They traded Mccargo to get a 4th round pick. If they release him they get nothing but a open roster spot.

I hope this lights a fire under Mccargo because he is playing for his 2nd contract at this point.

Problem is, if we trade him it won't be until the offseason. Right now is when Indy needs a DT and are willing to pay up with a 4th rounder. I don't see us getting anything, unless it is a late-late rounder, for him. I fully expect us to release him, or to prevent another team from using him this season (yep, this has happened before), be put on IR.

Just a case of supply and demand, and the fact now the entire NFL knows we don't want him.

We now know that when healthy he is worth at least a 4th rounder, for this reason, I don't see us cutting him. I hope he gets healthy and starts to contribute or if not, he lands in the IR. I agree withthe poster that said the Colts will pick him up if we drop him.

How much more motivation did he need than this off-season? Signing Marcus Stroud (admittedly to play the 1 tech position), seeing unheralded UFA Spencer Johnson come in AND Kyle Williams get a moderate extension.

I really think the Bills have given up on the guy and will remain in the unenviable position of taking him back.

He's not going to fetch a 4th rounder unless he plays real well and the market is a tad limited as well. He fits mainly with C2/T2 teams. As far as I can tell, this means teams like TB, IND, CHI, DET, PHI would be more interested in him than most. That also hurts is trade value.

Juat a thought about the whole "didn't pass the physical" deal: Do you think a team uses that as a safety valve? For instance: Let's say that McCargo shows up in Indy and has a terrible interview. He shows a bad attitude and the team figures he's a bad fit. Do they then "fail" him to get the pick back?

Also, could Indy figure that there's no way the Bills keep him after he's sent back so why not get him on waivers and keep the draft pick? If that's the case the NFL should make it a rule that if you void a trade you can't claim that player if they are waived.

Also, could Indy figure that there's no way the Bills keep him after he's sent back so why not get him on waivers and keep the draft pick? If that's the case the NFL should make it a rule that if you void a trade you can't claim that player if they are waived.

I would be surprised if there isn't a rule like that already.