McCargo's back ... (UPDATED)

silvermike

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

According to PFT, he failed a phyiscal and the trade was voided.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/10/15/...fails-physical/

ouch!!....just read that on PFT.com....they mentioned how McCargo has to come back and play for a coach that just publicly outted him

“It’s like we’ve said from Day One, you’ve got to really want to play,” Bill Kollar told the Buffalo News. “It’s real easy to go and talk about it. But what you have to do is work and get better on the practice field and take it into the game.

“He’s got the ability. But deep inside yourself you’ve got to want to end up getting it done. You’ve got to end up doing it on the field.”

ouch!!....just read that on PFT.com....they mentioned how McCargo has to come back and play for a coach that just publicly outted him

“It’s like we’ve said from Day One, you’ve got to really want to play,” Bill Kollar told the Buffalo News. “It’s real easy to go and talk about it. But what you have to do is work and get better on the practice field and take it into the game.

“He’s got the ability. But deep inside yourself you’ve got to want to end up getting it done. You’ve got to end up doing it on the field.”

This is not new....Coach Kollar said exactly the same sentence at the beginning of pre-season to motivate McCargo.

I noticed that too! :nana:

I think this is a joke because I don't see anything about this anywhere else. It might be true but I'll wait for someone else to verify it.

It is a rumour mill, but PFT is usually pretty good. But yeah, I'll wait for something more definitive before I discuss. I actually hope it's true because I wasn't ready to give up on McCargo and a 4th is poor compensation for a guy we invested a 6th in. He showed flashes, with some work and polish he can thrive. Besides, if the bad disc in his back thing is true, it could explain a lot.

It is a rumour mill, but PFT is usually pretty good. But yeah, I'll wait for something more definitive before I discuss. I actually hope it's true because I wasn't ready to give up on McCargo and a 4th is poor compensation for a guy we invested a 6th in. He showed flashes, with some work and polish he can thrive. Besides, if the bad disc in his back thing is true, it could explain a lot.

This blog entry from Tim Graham suggests that McCargo's return might not be welcomed-

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-4-96/....html?post=true

If McCargo has motivation issues, this is the final straw- either an attempted trade motivates him or he crawls into his shell, never to return.

It's on the buffalo evening news online now, so it's real.