[closed]I am dieing to know just what we offered

Attempting and being successful are two different things. If you honestly don't see that the Bills have "attempted" to find and draft a TE, then you should take a look at our recent drafts. Just because we weren't successful in finding one doesn't mean we didn't look.

I don't consider those draft picks (Everett, Schouman, Fine) "attempts" to squarely address a key need. Those were all developmental, second-tier prospects when and where we drafted them. Go after a blue chip tight end prospect or free agent and I'll be satisfied.

Yeah, the Everitt, Schouman, and Fine picks were courtesy picks. Just so they could say they picked a TE while we barely can maintain our sanity. :angry: Bastards!!!!!!!!

Call it what you want, but they certainly weren't homerun picks. The Cowboys drafted Bennett in the second round when they already had Witten. The Chiefs took Cottam in the third when they already had Gonzo. The Browns took Rucker; they have Winslow. The Jets spent a 1st on Keller with Baker on the roster and money committed to him. Other organizations realize that quality, athletic playmaking tight ends are the key to busting a cover-2 defense, yet the Bills stick with Robert Royal (whom Pro Football Prospectus 2008 graded as one of the worst starting position players in the entire League).

I don't consider those draft picks (Everett, Schouman, Fine) "attempts" to squarely address a key need. Those were all developmental, second-tier prospects when and where we drafted them. Go after a blue chip tight end prospect or free agent and I'll be satisfied.

I'd rather have Whitner, Stroud, Marshawn, Trent, Poz, Leodis, Hardy, Dockery, Walker and Kawika Mitchell before I'd have gone after a TE. The Bills agreed.

Sorry, but you are wrong. Everett was not a "developmental, second-tier prospect." He was highly touted out of the U. That he did not work out is the product of many forces, but one of them is not FO inattention to the TE position. If you want to stay on your crusade, go ahead, but don't pretend to know what you are talking about.

Sorry, but you are wrong. Everett was not a "developmental, second-tier prospect." He was highly touted out of the U. That he did not work out is the product of many forces, but one of them is not FO inattention to the TE position. If you want to stay on your crusade, go ahead, but don't pretend to know what you are talking about.

I do know what I'm talking about and I don't have to pretend. He was an athlete from Miami who didn't make nearly as many plays as he should have given his skill set. He was widely recognized as a developmental "project."

Call it what you want, but they certainly weren't homerun picks. The Cowboys drafted Bennett in the second round when they already had Witten. The Chiefs took Cottam in the third when they already had Gonzo. The Browns took Rucker; they have Winslow. The Jets spent a 1st on Keller with Baker on the roster and money committed to him. Other organizations realize that quality, athletic playmaking tight ends are the key to busting a cover-2 defense, yet the Bills stick with Robert Royal (whom Pro Football Prospectus 2008 graded as one of the worst starting position players in the entire League).

Are you really wishing that the Bills followed the footsteps of other organizations with a combined record of 10-12 so far?

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.