Jon Kitna

mrpunchy

Why wouldn't we want to? We will need a veteran backup next year. He has been productive. I bet a conditional 6 or 7th round pick could get it done. And, as much as I like Trent he has an injury history. Kitna is signed through 2009. His current salary is $2.95 million. Next year, it drops to $1.95 million.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why wouldn't we want to?

Well, maybe because he has turned into your basic whiny former starter that won't accept his backup role and bitches about it to the press.

That's one reason, I can think of, right off.

Why wouldn't we want to? We will need a veteran backup next year. He has been productive. I bet a conditional 6 or 7th round pick could get it done. And, as much as I like Trent he has an injury history. Kitna is signed through 2009. His current salary is $2.95 million. Next year, it drops to $1.95 million.

He is a shell of his former self....not that he was that great anyway.

And we have Hamden who looked pretty good in preseason.

In all seriousness, Is Hamdan actually good? I mean I know he is a 3rd string QB, but if it weren't for Losman would he actually be a 2nd string QB? This is a serious question, I know nothing about him.

Well actually, you do. In the eyes of the FO @ OBD, he isn't good enough to unseat J.P. Losman as the Bills back up QB. You could google his name and learn about his diverse upbringing and his exploits as a semi-pro, but I wouldn't encourage such a waste of time when the bold statement tells you all you need to know.

In all seriousness, Is Hamdan actually good? I mean I know he is a 3rd string QB, but if it weren't for Losman would he actually be a 2nd string QB? This is a serious question, I know nothing about him.

Neither does anyone else, other than the fact that he is/was a crutch for those who wanted JP to get another chance. Nothing more, nothing less.

Kitna is an awful quarterback and totally delusional about his own skills. He is inaccurate, makes terrible decisions with the football, takes bad sacks, fumbles when sacked, and is as arrogant as they come.

No team is better with him on it.

Are you talking about JP or Kitna?

OK, please give us a recap of Hamdans NFL experience, if you have the time. It might take a while, no? :unsure:

Nah its more fun to watch you writhe and gnash your teeth and try and tie every little thing to JP Losman, who you have a strange obsession with.

However, it IS highly ironic that you, of all people, think that the Hamdan love is about Losman.

In that case, it appears likely the Bills will draft a QB in the later rounds of hte 2009 draft. Losman will be off the books and it will probably be time to develop a worth backup to Edwards. Either that or we sign a veteran presence, but drafting a QB would probably be cheaper.

Nah its more fun to watch you writhe and gnash your teeth and try and tie every little thing to JP Losman, who you have a strange obsession with.

However, it IS highly ironic that you, of all people, think that the Hamdan love is about Losman.

Come on Ramius, of course it is. Outside of one or two earnest Europeans out there, all of the Hamdan hype was an ironic campaign by people who felt that Trent was nothing but a shiny penny. That is why they invented the word "Chroise" and the like. Hence the references to the Hamdan bandwagon, of which at least one poster said in his avatar that he was "beating the crowd" by starting up. Anyone who has visited this board as much as you should know that.

Neither does anyone else, other than the fact that he is/was a crutch for those who wanted JP to get another chance. Nothing more, nothing less.

I think there are perhaps two other people on The Wall who would come up with that interpretation...but, the other two are stupid. Bill. This is simply a bizarre interpretation of the Hamdan love from last year.