Fred jackson

mackey7789

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills would be stupid as sh-- to grab Gonzales at his inflated pricetag after this season. Especially seeing that they need help with BLOCKING, not catching, from the TE position (and every other offensive position, in fact). So, if it IS true, it would be the first stupid thing Marv has done since coming back (through Modrak now, of course, for you purists).

Pretty sure Freddie Jackson has the most YAC on the club. He makes plays, so far, more often than anyone on the offense. The Bills, IMO, will be reluctant to even give up a DRAFT PICK for an aging TE with GAZILLIONS in guaranteed money the next three years , so again, IMO, they'd be even more reluctant to give up one of their best all-around offensive stars for him. Sounds like total bull sh-- to me.

What he said.

What happens if Marshawn gets hurt? I don't feel very comfortablae about Xavier " Beastmode" Omen taking the carries.

I don't know. What happens if Fred Jackson gets hurt? What I do know is that this team is close, and the NFL is fickle. Adding TG could create a whole new dimension to our offense, and a hell of a check down option for Trent. I always thought that good drafting/scouting led to good depth. And once you have some good depth, you can swap that for areas that need major improvement.

Again, I really love Freddy. But I'm definately OK with a little more Marshawn, a little more Omon, and inserting TG into our offense.

If we're going to have a circle-jrk about this....might as well say Tony G. AND Larry Johnson for Jackson, Peters and a 2nd.

Looks like Ralph received his bi-decade case of the lovin' last night to open up the purse strings.

:rolleyes:

I still can't figure out how L. Walker is going to play both Left and Right Tackle, at the same time. He is a big dude, though.

If we're going to have a circle-jrk about this....might as well say Tony G. AND Larry Johnson for Jackson, Peters and a 2nd.

Looks like Ralph received his bi-decade case of the lovin' last night to open up the purse strings.

I have just one word to say about that.....Herschelwalker

If the Bills are trading for TG, hopefully it's only to immediately dish him to a team for a killer DE or LT. Because we need a pass rush and better blocking on the OL. We don't need what TG is pedding.

Why dont we need a bigTight End who can catch the ball???? He would be another threat on any down to gain 5-10 yards and he would definatley add another solid target who can catch in the redzone..He doesnt hurt us at all..I wouldnt worry about his salary cap..They have plenty of cap room... If the Bills make a run at it I would rather have a Gonzalez than Royal in there any minute of the day...

Peaked the interest of PFT.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/10/12/...s-fred-jackson/

Hope he can shed some light on this.

That looks like a reaction to the activity here, and on other Bills' boards. There isn't anything new, there. (I know you didn't suggest there was.) Hopefully, Florio can make a few calls, and see what is up, though.

OK, say we trade for TG.

Who do we dump at TE? Royal, Schouman and Fine are all on the active roster. Schouman has played well, fine is a high draft pick, does that leave Royal as the odd TE out?

What about 3rd down RB? Who is that going to be?

Shouman stinks. When and where has he played well?

I don't know. What happens if Fred Jackson gets hurt? What I do know is that this team is close, and the NFL is fickle. Adding TG could create a whole new dimension to our offense, and a hell of a check down option for Trent. I always thought that good drafting/scouting led to good depth. And once you have some good depth, you can swap that for areas that need major improvement.

Again, I really love Freddy. But I'm definately OK with a little more Marshawn, a little more Omon, and inserting TG into our offense.

Very true.