Roof open on Sunday?

mannc

Looks like it will be very hot in Phoenix on Sunday. Anyone know how frequently the Cardinals close the roof to their stadium? How hot does it have to be for them to close it? Who makes the decision and when?

My brother lives out there and I am going out there and going to the game. I'll find out but he seems to think it will be closed for the game.

The roof is closed for all September/October games. Here's the official word from the University of Phoenix Stadium Web site:

For afternoon games during the pre-season (August) and the first two months of the regular season (September and October), the stadium roof will be closed due to the average daytime high temperatures and chance of thunderstorms during the monsoon season.

For afternoon games in November and December, the stadium roof will open if the forecasted high temperature is 75 degrees or lower and the chance of rain is 20% or less. Other weather factors like high winds or cloudy skies could also play a role in the position of the roof.

For evening games throughout the season, the stadium roof will open if the forecasted high temperature at kickoff is 85 degrees or lower and the chance of rain is 20% or less.

I would think these two guys know Arizona plays in a dome...jeeziz!

Sal: That's the rub, I guess. How long can the Bills keep making mistakes and still win? When does it catch up to them? The schedule gets a bit tougher starting this week at Arizona. The Cardinals got their feathers blown off at the Meadowlands by the New York Jets, but that 56-35 score was deceiving.

Leo: I agree. The Cardinals are better than that. When Kurt Warner finally remembered that fumbles and interceptions are bad things in football, his offense started to hum and rang up 35 points in the second half. A second consecutive road trip, playing in the heat, facing an embarrassed Arizona club, probably without Terrence McGee and Roscoe Parrish ... this is going to be a tough test.

Link to rest of story

Sal: That's the rub, I guess. How long can the Bills keep making mistakes and still win? When does it catch up to them? The schedule gets a bit tougher starting this week at Arizona. The Cardinals got their feathers blown off at the Meadowlands by the New York Jets, but that 56-35 score was deceiving.

Leo: I agree. The Cardinals are better than that. When Kurt Warner finally remembered that fumbles and interceptions are bad things in football, his offense started to hum and rang up 35 points in the second half. A second consecutive road trip, playing in the heat, facing an embarrassed Arizona club, probably without Terrence McGee and Roscoe Parrish ... this is going to be a tough test.

Link to rest of story

I think they are much too focused on trying to be cute to be terribly accurate. I wish they would stop....

Guest dog14787

Link to rest of story

Shows how much I pay attention to the Cardinals, I lived in Pheonix before an NFL team arrived there. Just recently I've made comments on the heat and how playing in the sun would be hard on the players and maybe we should go up there early to get used to it. :lol:

My brother lives out there and I am going out there and going to the game. I'll find out but he seems to think it will be closed for the game.

I have a friend who works security for the stadium the past 2 years. I'll ask him this week and report back.

Yeah, sure... but whaddabout the game this week?

:lol:

You're not implying they will be carrying a "NY grudge" and wanting to bake the boys from the north are you?

Problem is their dome spoiled guys are probably less used to the heat than the Bills are.

Roof is closed. Boldin, who played almost the entire game for the Cards last weekend, will likely be out. That would be a HUGE loss for the Cards. Personally I think he's better than Fitzgerald.

Boldin might be better, but Fitzgerald is no slouch.

Boldin might be better, but Fitzgerald is no slouch.

Don't sell him short. He's a tremendous slouch. :lol:

Just kidding. Never meant to imply he was. Just that I think Boldin is better and draws attention away from him. Boldin was there a year before Fitz and was a monster.