Bobby April has some work to do

HurlyBurly51

Great win today. Besides Trent and Marshawn and the 4th quarter D, I wanted to focus in on special teams today.

We obviously won the game on the last second FG, but we missed one also. We had one good retrun IIRC, but the coverage units need work, as evidenced on the first play of the game. The Seattle game also gashed our coverage units as well. Hopefully it's just a matter of time of melding all the new guys together.

But what really caught my attention was that Parrish fielded a punt on his own goal line, which led to a very ugly sequence of events. The ball would've obviously went into the end zone for a touchback, but he ran it out. Unfortunately there was a penalty and we started out on our 1 inch line, and we know what happened from there. I expect more out of a veteran returner and Bobby April coached teams. Luckily we got away with it today, and hopefully it's much easier to coach 'em up after a win.

Great win today. Besides Trent and Marshawn and the 4th quarter D, I wanted to focus in on special teams today.

We obviously won the game on the last second FG, but we missed one also. We had one good retrun IIRC, but the coverage units need work, as evidenced on the first play of the game. The Seattle game also gashed our coverage units as well. Hopefully it's just a matter of time of melding all the new guys together.

But what really caught my attention was that Parrish fielded a punt on his own goal line, which led to a very ugly sequence of events. The ball would've obviously went into the end zone for a touchback, but he ran it out. Unfortunately there was a penalty and we started out on our 1 inch line, and we know what happened from there. I expect more out of a veteran returner and Bobby April coached teams. Luckily we got away with it today, and hopefully it's much easier to coach 'em up after a win.

I sort of disagree on your Parrish point. When you have game-changing return guys, I think you throw all the rules out the window and let them take chances.

But our coverage units are a bit shaky, at least for usual April stds.

I sort of disagree on your Parrish point. When you have game-changing return guys, I think you throw all the rules out the window and let them take chances.

But our coverage units are a bit shaky, at least for usual April stds.

Take your chances by running a punt out of the end zone? Sorry, but that's as bad a decision as you can make on a football field. I hope Roscoe gets his ass chewed out this week for that bone head play.

Take your chances by running a punt out of the end zone? Sorry, but that's as bad a decision as you can make on a football field. I hope Roscoe gets his ass chewed out this week for that bone head play.

Shut up. Parrish is a fantastic punt returner, literally the best all time (avg), and the team has faith that he is good enough to make a judgment on what to do with the football.

Call me nuts, but I seem to remember Murph & Kelso saying something on the radio broadcast that there was a legitimate reason he returned it from the goal line. At the very least, they didn't make a mention about what a boneheaded play it was.

Shut up. Parrish is a fantastic punt returner, literally the best all time (avg), and the team has faith that he is good enough to make a judgment on what to do with the football.

Yeah, I'll shut up and listen to an idiot like you.

Maybe you can come with up some stats like % of punts RP has returned for a TD (which he didn't do in this case)? Or % he has even returned longer than 20 yards (which he didn't do in this case)? Then you can also analyze how often holding penalties happen on returns (which did happen in this case).

Oh wait, none of that will make sense to you because you are a fuggin' moron.