Will any body be suprised

Uh, according to the play-by-play on NFL.com, Willis had 32 yards rushing by half time......should he have been pulled?

Also, interestingly, the average per running play for both teams was 4.4 ypc.  I guess we should have kept sammy morris because he must also be a potential best RB in the NFL.  See how stats don't tell much of a story.

:w00t:

80288[/snapback]

Here's something interesting...Travis Henry had four games to prove he could break tackles, block blitzing linebackers, catch passes and get rushing first downs. He didn't. It took Willis one game to prove he is the he could do all those things very well. I know it sounds crazy but I want the best players on the field and that's WM.

Here's something interesting...Travis Henry had four games to prove he could break tackles, block blitzing linebackers, catch passes and get rushing first downs. He didn't. It took Willis one game to prove he is the he could do all those things very well. I know it sounds crazy but I want the best players on the field and that's WM.

80332[/snapback]

yes, that has appeared to be your opinion since before Willis played, so there is no surprise that it is now as well.

Apparently the coaching staff does not agree. And as is all too often pointed out on this board, we aren't coaches, we aren't assistant coaches....we are just opinions and if our opinions were always right, i suppose we would be coaches.

You can spew venom towards TH all you want, but he has been the bright spot for this bills offense for the last two years and has earned the right lose his job by evaluation of the coaches. The two backs should be used together IMO, but travis remains the starter for now.

It took Willis one game to prove he is the he could do all those things very well.

'Ceptin' I subscribe to the theory "Once is an accident, twice is a coincidence, and three times is a trend."

On the other hand, he needs to be in there three times to see if it's a trend.

I'd be curious to see how TH responds to sitting by himself last week.

Travis will start.

The plan is to run Travis against the vaunted Ravens' D, and when he has trouble running up the middle on Ray Lewis, we bring in WM, whose outside speed and strength would be an advantage against the... Wait a minute!

Willis will start, and when he has pulled 9 into the box, we throw over the LB's to Evans and Moulds.

yes, that has appeared to be your opinion since before Willis played, so there is no surprise that it is now as well.

Apparently the coaching staff does not agree.  And as is all too often pointed out on this board, we aren't coaches, we aren't assistant coaches....we are just opinions and if our opinions were always right, i suppose we would be coaches.

You can spew venom towards TH all you want, but he has been the bright spot for this bills offense for the last two years and has earned the right lose his job by evaluation of the coaches.  The two backs should be used together IMO, but travis remains the starter for now.

80349[/snapback]

Spewing venum? Travis has hurt us more than help us, I'm sorry if the truth hurts. TH has been a very good player for the Bills in the past. But his performances have been nowhere near what WM did against the Dolphins. I just hope TH doesn't make a game costing mistake before WM gets put in the game for good.

Uh, according to the play-by-play on NFL.com, Willis had 32 yards rushing by half time......should he have been pulled?

Also, interestingly, the average per running play for both teams was 4.4 ypc.  I guess we should have kept sammy morris because he must also be a potential best RB in the NFL.  See how stats don't tell much of a story.

:lol:

80288[/snapback]

That is a good point....but remember that our defence and the miami dolphins defence is a little different. Ours is over rated, and they have the worst offence in the NFL, but still manage to be in almost every game cuz their D is so strong. On a side note....good job by the O line last week, i don't even think Jason Taylor had a sack

That is a good point....but remember that our defence and the miami dolphins defence is a little different.  Ours is over rated, and they have the worst offence in the NFL, but still manage to be in almost every game cuz their D is so strong.  On a side note....good job by the O line last week, i don't even think Jason Taylor had a sack

80437[/snapback]

Yes, but again. Take away the defensive score and the bills are playing from behind. 32 yards on 9 carries for the first half is 3.55 ypc. Now, if the bills are behind in the second half, the RB sees the ball half as much and never gets a rythm. That has been bills football to this point.

Additionally, in that case (no D score) the innability to score from inside the 5 would have been monumental. The fact that WM did not find the endzone from inside the 5 is overlooked because of the ultimate outcome. Had the bills lost, it would have stuck out the same way Travis' no touchdown (touchdown) did.

Hey shadow do you think it is just a coincidence that only 1 sack was given up when Henry was on the bench? It sure helps when your RB besides running can # 1 BLOCK and #2 knows which play the rest of the team is running. Henry has been a major part of the sack total since he has been starting. Our Offense has been offensive every since Thurman left. Bills fans should take the 1billsfan lead and get a clue!! Henry should stay on the bench!

:lol:

80288[/snapback]

I think it depends on where the yards are gotten......

If it is not much yardage but for first downs or scores...then Travis Henry is being effective.....and should remain in the game......

But if he isn't getting the tough yards (like he hasn't been doing) slipping on his way to the hole (like he has been doing) running the wrong way (which he has been doing) and getting allowing Bledsoe to get creamed over and over again in pass protection then they have to make the switch.....

I heard he wasn't moving very well in practice when it came to lateral movement and pass protection....if that is true then he needs to get the hook....EARLY