Let's play what if...

bobinaz

Let's say Peters returns by Labor day. He has exactly one week to get his a$$ ready for game one. Walker has been on the left side for let's say almost a month, he has the mind set of LT. Now Peters is back in the fold at LT. What does this do to Walker as far as getting back into the RT mindset and the cohesiveness of the O-line? Does the team let Peters pick up where he left off in the short amount of time or do they make him ride the pine for a game to get the new schemes, etc down? Does anyone think Walker will have any problems readjusting or was the shift to LT not long enough to really make a dent?

I think Walker will be okay going back to RT since that is his normal position, but my concern is on the chemistry the O-line has developed this offseason in the new schemes.

What a fine mess you've gotten us into Peters.....hopefully not and it will all pan out.

Let's say Peters returns by Labor day. He has exactly one week to get his a$$ ready for game one. Walker has been on the left side for let's say almost a month, he has the mind set of LT. Now Peters is back in the fold at LT. What does this do to Walker as far as getting back into the RT mindset and the cohesiveness of the O-line? Does the team let Peters pick up where he left off in the short amount of time or do they make him ride the pine for a game to get the new schemes, etc down? Does anyone think Walker will have any problems readjusting or was the shift to LT not long enough to really make a dent?

I think Walker will be okay going back to RT since that is his normal position, but my concern is on the chemistry the O-line has developed this offseason in the new schemes.

What a fine mess you've gotten us into Peters.....hopefully not and it will all pan out.

This has been my only concern the whole time this has been going on. I continue to think that somehow this is going to cost us in the Seattle game.

It depends if he is apparently out of shape and showing alot of rust. If this is the case, I would move Peters to right tackle for a few games

until he gets back into game shape. A rusty Jason is better than anything else we would have playing RT.

For me this is a problem as well, but it's a problem we worry about once he FINALLY shows up. I hope his extended absence doesn't affect the Bills in the W-L column. I thought he could affect us for as much as 3 games in the W-L this year, but it seems high for one player to cost us that much. Thoughts?

I wouldnt start Peters on the Left side immediately. I would would put him on the right side and sit Chambers. I would actually do this for a couple of weeks until Peters has reaclimated and THEN switch them.

Peters was a outstanding right tackle

I am curious (but not enough to start a new Peters thread :w00t:) what kind of reaction will Peters get from the Buffalo faithful when he eventually returns. Will we boo him, if so how long. I am not usually inclined to boo our players but I am dissapointed in the way he is handling this "negotiation". I want to find a way to voice my dissatisfaction but I am torn because it is hard for me to boo our players. What to do...

Something I was wondering about was if the team sent him the new playbook in the offseason before the OTAs began with his holdout. If they did, then he might not be too far behind the power curve.

It shouldnt be any different than when someone gets hurt and you throw in the backup....when and if Peters comes back just put him in his LT spot and keep playing like he wasnt ever missing....on the other hand, if when he gets back and if he shows to not be in shape(Im sure he'll be tested b4 being out into any game)then keep him out and get him into shape...dont mess with the lines cohesiveness till hes fully ready to play.