Open QB competition in GB w/Farve

I can't imagine that Brett wouldn't be the starter by the beginning of the season. I'm not sure that would be good at all for the long-term plans of the Pack. Now if one thinks it would give a meaningful opportunity to win a superbowl this year it might be the worth the headaches. If I were calling the shots I'd have him traded before Monday for whatever pick I could get. Not the end of the world either way, but I'd come down on the side of getting rid of him and getting on with rebuilding.

I can't imagine that Brett wouldn't be the starter by the beginning of the season. I'm not sure that would be good at all for the long-term plans of the Pack. Now if one thinks it would give a meaningful opportunity to win a superbowl this year it might be the worth the headaches. If I were calling the shots I'd have him traded before Monday for whatever pick I could get. Not the end of the world either way, but I'd come down on the side of getting rid of him and getting on with rebuilding.

I think the Packers will make Rogers the starter if he shows "poise" in the preseason.

I'm stunned at how much face the Packers were willing to lose in all of this. To stand and say "Look, Aaron is our starter and that's that," and then turn around and change your mind...if I were Rodgers watching them "five deep" at the airport cheering Favre last night, I'd have called the team and said "You have no credibility. Your words mean nothing. Trade me now, please." Then I'd call King, Clayton, Shefter, Schein, Carucci, and Arlen Spector and start pitching a Chad Johnson.

I say they cut Favre as soon the the pre-season ends so it will be tough to go to another team as soon the regular season is about to start.

...or hope that another club's starting QB goes out for the season in camp or in a pre-season game - and offer the BF in a trade. :rolleyes:

I agree with LA. Rodgers should sit down and refuse to practice or participate with the team until he's traded. All offseason, the team told him thei were in his corner, and now they flip-flop? Its not like Rodgers has any chance of "winning" this farce of a QB competition coming up. The pack better win it all this year or hopr brohm pans out, because Rodgers should and will most likely bolt.

I'm stunned at how much face the Packers were willing to lose in all of this. To stand and say "Look, Aaron is our starter and that's that," and then turn around and change your mind...if I were Rodgers watching them "five deep" at the airport cheering Favre last night, I'd have called the team and said "You have no credibility. Your words mean nothing. Trade me now, please." Then I'd call King, Clayton, Shefter, Schein, Carucci, and Arlen Spector and start pitching a Chad Johnson.

Has Rodgers been playing that well in training camp so far this year that he can demand this?

Has Rodgers been playing that well in training camp so far this year that he can demand this?

Not the point. They made a commitment to him that he is, without question, the starter this year. I heard the comments myself during their press conference at the open of camp. Once they break that commitment, why should anyone believe any other commitment they make? The front office has lost credibility and if I were Rodgers, I'd be planning my exit.

As of now, Favre should be at best 4th-string QB, make him earn the job. First pre-season game, I'd like to see him go in late in the 4th quarter with all the scrubs! :rolleyes::thumbsup:<_<

If McCarthy pulls that act at a pre-season game at Lambeau, I would wear a bullet-proof vest or something of the sort if I'm him.

Are you seriously comparing Rodgers to Chad Johnson??? Rodgers has done nothing in this league and the only reason he would start is because he is a former 1st rounder (which he can thank GB for). In fact, the pack was so sure of Rodgers they drafted 2 QBs this year. If Rodgers is good enough to be a starter, then beat out Favre.

The fact is the Pack pays AR a good amount of money and owe him nothing. The owe their fans and players the best shot at winning. This isn't high school. "Gee, Aaron's a nice guy. It's not nice to jerk him around. Let's start him." If AR gives GB the best shot to win, then he should start. But I really have nmo pity for him and would be pissed if I was a Pack fan if he started over Favre.

If McCarthy pulls that act at a pre-season game at Lambeau, I would wear a bullet-proof vest or something of the sort if I'm him.
First game's next Monday at home on ESPN, go figure. :rolleyes: ... B word needs to be humbled! :thumbsup: