Saw a wild Bobcat today in the canyon by my house

Coyotes are now becoming common in suburban Cleveland.

We also have a big deer problem here. And a black bear was recently spotted in one of the far eastern suburbs.

I think it's a part of the continuing urban-ification of America. All the rural land is being built up, and there are less places for wild animals to inhabit than before.

We also have a big deer problem here. And a black bear was recently spotted in one of the far eastern suburbs.

I think it's a part of the continuing urban-ification of America. All the rural land is being built up, and there are less places for wild animals to inhabit than before.

I think that is part of the problem... But, black bear and say cougars in some of the areas mentioned was unthinkable a generation before... Even in the rural areas of a said area. Like the area here, it is fine seeing bald eagles re-inhabitate the area... But, black bear... Cougars...?? It shouldn't happen, there is a reason they were irradicated. Too much protection is what I think is happening AND ALSO MISGUIDED OTHER effects. Look at what the ban on open dumps have created in some areas. Years ago, the open dumps would be a site for some of this wildlife... Now with transfer stations and what not... Some of these animals are being unknowingly forced into the towns themselves and creating problems... Problems that never happened before.

See what I am saying?... Sometimes we go off half-cocked with sh*t... Especially enviro sh*t... With this, the other end of the spectrum comes into play. Collateral damage due to our "too good" enviro stewardship. We will surely see what happens in future when we start re-interacting with the more "dangerous" species.

Again... For now, you would think that they would manage the deer population better.

There has got to be balance.

I think that is part of the problem... But, black bear and say cougars in some of the areas mentioned was unthinkable a generation before... Even in the rural areas of a said area. Like the area here, it is fine seeing bald eagles re-inhabitate the area... But, black bear... Cougars...?? It shouldn't happen, there is a reason they were irradicated. Too much protection is what I think is happening AND ALSO MISGUIDED OTHER effects. Look at what the ban on open dumps have created in some areas. Years ago, the open dumps would be a site for some of this wildlife... Now with transfer stations and what not... Some of these animals are being unknowingly forced into the towns themselves and creating problems... Problems that never happened before.

See what I am saying?... Sometimes we go off half-cocked with sh*t... Especially enviro sh*t... With this, the other end of the spectrum comes into play. Collateral damage due to our "too good" enviro stewardship. We will surely see what happens in future when we start re-interacting with the more "dangerous" species.

Again... For now, you would think that they would manage the deer population better.

There has got to be balance.

I think better managment is needed, but there are too many damn people as well. We need to reduce the herd of people in America.

You city folk. :thumbsup:

A black bear was recently spotted ON MY DECK, taking a drink from the swimming pool. Mmmm, Baquacil. Hope the f^$&er ended up with a tummyache.

I live about 10-15 inland from SF bay (Dublin, CA) We have coyotes across the street in the empty land there.

One year there was an injured mountain lion at the main gate of Lawrence Livermore National Lab about 10 miles away- they have a subdivision right across the street. A mountain lion was found dead on the side of the interstate only two miles from me. In the town south of me, they had to shoot one that ws right downtown in broad daylight. They spot one at least once a year behind in the reserve base behind the county jail which is about 2-3 miles east of me. Then usually a few weeks later, someone spots one in the hills 2-3 miles west of me. Probably the same cat. They have also had to shoot ones right in downtown Palo Alto and in San Jose (1 M people). They have been seen on the Stanford golf course (where Tiger Woods went to college) and only three miles from the San Jose City Hall ( along a river that runs from the mountains nearby right through the city).

Californians really screwed the pooch when they passed Proposition 117 way back in the early 90s. This is a prime example of the myopic viewpoints these blue state douchebags take with them to the ballot box.

And got it's prey. Very impressive animal and stealthy beyond belief. These squirrels are skittish and this one didn't know what hit it. I have been hiking the canyons for many years and this is only the second time I've ever seen a bobcat. I feel very lucky to have witnessed that hunt and catch.

"I've heard a lot of euphemisms for masturbating in my time, but this is without a doubt the most elaborate." - Gringo Starr

You city folk. :lol:

A black bear was recently spotted ON MY DECK, taking a drink from the swimming pool. Mmmm, Baquacil. Hope the f^$&er ended up with a tummyache.

More likely diarrhea. :blink: Maybe you'll hear about a bear breaking into pharmacy and stealing some Pepto-Bismol. :thumbsup: