Fraction of a share of stock?

Chilly

I'm an economic retard, but I've done some google searches and haven't found anything on this.

I saw this today: XM shareholders will receive 4.6 shares of SIRIUS common stock for each share of XM.

How do you deal with a fraction of a stock? Do they round down/up?

pretty sure theres no rounding involved (but im completely guessing)

id assume that if i had 4.6 shares of something worth $1/share, then id have $4.60

again, no idea what im talking about here. just typing.

:worthy: that is correct I believe

I'm an economic retard, but I've done some google searches and haven't found anything on this.

I saw this today: XM shareholders will receive 4.6 shares of SIRIUS common stock for each share of XM.

How do you deal with a fraction of a stock? Do they round down/up?

After they convert the shares a stock certificate is issued for the whole shares and the fractional share is paid in cash.

That's what happened to me with the company I used to work for. They laid off 50% (including me) and a year later went public (they couldn't raise any more venture capital). Before they went public, they had a 7:1 reverse split (70 shares at $1 = 10 shares at $7). The fraction left over was given to me in a check(~$5). I sold them as quick as I could (6 months later) at about $5.40. They never got higher than that. My $1k ended up being $5K. I tracked it and it was about $3 for a while. One day it jumps to $4. They were bought out by a another company.