Saudis tell Bush to go F himself

gee, all these years I'm deluding myself (with the all the other unwashed lemmings) into thinking I live in a democracy. Now I learn that quoting Abraham Lincoln is nothing but soundbytes. Color me indefensible...

So you recognize Lincoln as a great leader. Great enough to quote him. A man who went against the will of the people because it was the right thing for the country in the long run.

I knew if I pushed the right buttons you'd step all over your dick. Thanks for playing.

So you heard that commercial too huh? :unsure:

Well. do you?

Any money manager that has more than two brain cells will be invested in a profitable sector such as the oil companies.

Well. do you?

Any money manager that has more than two brain cells will be invested in a profitable sector such as the oil companies.

Why in God's name would I mention on a message board where I place my money? What business is it of yours? And really do you think that the average joe is getting huge returns on those profits?

From Sky News:

Meanwhile, the world's leading producers say oil is too expensive and they plan to increase supplies.

A source at Opec said its 13 members were uncomfortable with the current price of crude, which last week hit a record $135 a barrel.

Based on present supply and demand, he said it should be fetching $60-$70 a barrel.

Saudi Arabia said it would increase production.

From Sky News:

Meanwhile, the world's leading producers say oil is too expensive and they plan to increase supplies.

A source at Opec said its 13 members were uncomfortable with the current price of crude, which last week hit a record $135 a barrel.

Based on present supply and demand, he said it should be fetching $60-$70 a barrel.

Saudi Arabia said it would increase production.

We've been kicking around the numbers at work and the max price based on market conditions is about $75 a barrel. The minimum is $55. So it sounds like they're done gouging the crap out of us to send their message...

We've been kicking around the numbers at work and the max price based on market conditions is about $75 a barrel. The minimum is $55. So it sounds like they're done gouging the crap out of us to send their message...

Finally realized that they were crippling the world's economy. Which of course would have a huge backlash on their pocket books. So, figuring it goes back down to maybe $85 per barrel. What does that equate to? $2 something a gallon.

Why in God's name would I mention on a message board where I place my money? What business is it of yours? And really do you think that the average joe is getting huge returns on those profits?

I didn't ask what funds you own. Seems to me that you do have mutual funds and realize that you are making a profit from the oil companies and are conflicted.

I live a few miles from Chevron HQ and the idiots with no jobs were out yesterday protesting. I can bet you they don't have any money to invest in Chevron.

I've rode my bike past the HQ before and I love how Chevron has the lines painted next to the sidewalk warning do not trespass and signs stating that if one steps even an inch over the line, they will get arrested. :rolleyes:

I didn't ask what funds you own. Seems to me that you do have mutual funds and realize that you are making a profit from the oil companies and are conflicted.

I live a few miles from Chevron HQ and the idiots with no jobs were out yesterday protesting. I can bet you they don't have any money to invest in Chevron.

I've rode my bike past the HQ before and I love how Chevron has the lines painted next to the sidewalk warning do not trespass and signs stating that if one steps even an inch over the line, they will get arrested. :rolleyes:

I will have to see where my funds are, I do not believe they are with the oil companies. I can say that because like most people I am getting killed every quarter. If money was with the oil companies, it may not have been such a loss or a loss at all.

Idiots with no jobs were protesting. I am sure that even if they had money to invest, they probably wouldn't want to invest with them anyway. Who knows though if they really have jobs or not.

gee, all these years I'm deluding myself (with the all the other unwashed lemmings) into thinking I live in a democracy. Now I learn that quoting Abraham Lincoln is nothing but soundbytes. Color me indefensible...

Just stop, man. :rolleyes::lol:

I will have to see where my funds are, I do not believe they are with the oil companies. I can say that because like most people I am getting killed every quarter. If money was with the oil companies, it may not have been such a loss or a loss at all.

Idiots with no jobs were protesting. I am sure that even if they had money to invest, they probably wouldn't want to invest with them anyway. Who knows though if they really have jobs or not.

If they had jobs they wouldn't be wasting all day standing out in front of Chevron HQ. Maybe they are those professional rent-a-mobs.

If they had jobs they wouldn't be wasting all day standing out in front of Chevron HQ. Maybe they are those professional rent-a-mobs.

I thought the rent-a-mobs were down here this week protesting Hillary Clinton's lack of nomination...

• 14 years later...
13 minutes ago, BillStime said:

It is PAST time to revisit the U.S.-Saudi Arabia "alliance"

What Has $49 Billion in Foreign Military Aid Bought Us? Not Much

The royal family is backing the GOP. I mean a November production cut. The authoritarians inside and out of the country are after our democracy. The majority of GOPers are election deniers. I wonder why? 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

The royal family is backing the GOP. I mean a November production cut. The authoritarians inside and out of the country are after our democracy. The majority of GOPers are election deniers. I wonder why? 

Prince Charles?  That Royal Family?  Seems a bit odd, but if you say so. God Save the king! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Interesting tweet by him. As the  2004 Final Report of the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States "found no evidence that the Saudi government as an institution or senior Saudi officials individually funded [Al Qaeda]" to conspire in the attacks, or that it funded the attackers, that he has many times stated he supported.

Seems its now the Saudi's telling Biden to get bent. So, a typical deflection to wild conspiracies for the back of the class.

22 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

LOL!  No, they're going against Joke.  So much for all the tough talk when he wasn't President.

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

LOL!  No, they're going against Joke.  So much for all the tough talk when he wasn't President.

I think its just business.  Putting on the business hat I believe what the Saudi's and OPEC+ are saying to the Fed and the US is that they're not going to allow the transfer of the consequences of irresponsible US fiscal and monetary policy to be transferred to them.  Sure the US could threaten the Saudi's with removing the protection racket we provide the kingdom if they don't cooperate.  But that void would be quickly filled by either Russia or China or both.  And one consequence might be the end of the Petrodollar system which provides a quid pro quo arrangement in exchange for US protection.  And if anyone thinks inflation is high now just think how high it might go when around an annualized $25 trillion used in oil trade and settlement needs to find a new home and place to park itself.    

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

54 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Just for my edification, because I really want to be educated on this, the Saudi gov is backing a pro energy independent party instead of the party that makes the world more dependent on their one and only export?

And....they are "after our democracy?"

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Just for my edification, because I really want to be educated on this, the Saudi gov is backing a pro energy independent party instead of the party that makes the world more dependent on their one and only export?

And....they are "after our democracy?"

At least you admit it