Official Red Sox - Yankees Trash Talk thread

Ramius

How'd Detroit perform in 3-game sets against the Yanks this year? Not good, that's how. Girardi is going to pick the longer opening series, so they may not have to even go three deep in the rotation. I have faith in Burnett, and CC is CC.

And Darin: The Red Sox have SERIOUS rotational issues, and their lineup isn't nearly what it was in the heyday of Ortiz and Manny.

Oh, and Detroit may not even MAKE the playoffs at this point. It's far from a done deal.

Don't care. I'll believe this team is different when it proves it is. Facts is facts, the Yankees have consistently underperformed in the postseason for almost a decade.

And "CC being CC" has meant a .400 postseason winning percentage and an ERA of almost 8. I don't know why you have faith in Burnett. As far as I remember, he's never even sniffed the post season.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't care. I'll believe this team is different when it proves it is. Facts is facts, the Yankees have consistently underperformed in the postseason for almost a decade.

And "CC being CC" has meant a .400 postseason winning percentage and an ERA of almost 8. I don't know why you have faith in Burnett. As far as I remember, he's never even sniffed the post season.

I have been watching the Yankees since the early 70's and this team is special. 15 walkoff wins, they are in every game no matter how far they are down, middle relief, small ball, defense, long ball- any player on this team can be the hero. Burnett has been turning it on his past couple starts. CC is money. And Petite is still tough. CC-AJ-Andy= pretty !@#$ing solid 3 man rotation come playoff time. No doubt this team has disappointed in the past, but this is not last year's Yankees.

That being said, I'm confident the Yankees will beat either Detroit or Minnesota in an ALDS this year- I'm just pulling for the Twins to take that last playoff spot.

You and me both, but I think the Yanks can take either of them. What *I* am rooting for is for the Sux to take care of Anaheim. Don't want to face the Angels in the ALCS.

Who'd you rather have as a #2 starter at this point? Certainly not Joba.

• 1 month later...
I have been watching the Yankees since the early 70's and this team is special. 15 walkoff wins, they are in every game no matter how far they are down, middle relief, small ball, defense, long ball- any player on this team can be the hero. Burnett has been turning it on his past couple starts. CC is money. And Petite is still tough. CC-AJ-Andy= pretty !@#$ing solid 3 man rotation come playoff time. No doubt this team has disappointed in the past, but this is not last year's Yankees.

money

• 5 months later...
Word. Imagine if they add Halladay to that rotation.

I'm loath to respond from this since it's from way back, but this is exactly the kind of entitlement that drives me nuts about some Yankees fans. Must kill you guys that the rest of the league doesn't just hand you a fistful of all-stars for the likes of Joba Chamberlain and Ian Kennedy. $250MM salary and we're lusting for three #1s in the rotation.

Not to mention the fact that I was reading the Daily News yesterday and they were talking about how they have to compete with the Orioles, Red Sox, and Rays for the division. :w00t:

Despite the fact that I like the Mets, I couldn't be happier to see Roy dealing for the team you turned your back on, JSP.

Thank you Mr. Papelbomb. :lol::beer:

Can't stand that dude, either! Devour each other, Yanks and Sox!

I'm loath to respond from this since it's from way back, but this is exactly the kind of entitlement that drives me nuts about some Yankees fans. Must kill you guys that the rest of the league doesn't just hand you a fistful of all-stars for the likes of Joba Chamberlain and Ian Kennedy. $250MM salary and we're lusting for three #1s in the rotation.

Not to mention the fact that I was reading the Daily News yesterday and they were talking about how they have to compete with the Orioles, Red Sox, and Rays for the division. :w00t:

Despite the fact that I like the Mets, I couldn't be happier to see Roy dealing for the team you turned your back on, JSP.

Ain't gonna help them long term. Because guys like Werth and Ibanez are gone after signing Howard and Halladay.

So, yeah, the Phillies got a hell of a pitcher, but in the end, he's going to wind up just like Schilling did. The only ace on a mediocre staff.

Go Yanks. I'll take extra special pleasure in watching them throttle the Mutts since you posted this little ditty.

:lol:

The Sox have the Twins for 2 after NY, then the Phils then the Rays. :lol:

When does the fire sale start?

I know the Yanks have payroll north of 200, but 175 mil doesn't get you what it used to does it beantowners? :w00t:

This thread has been dorment for too long.

The Sox have the Twins for 2 after NY, then the Phils then the Rays. :o

When does the fire sale start?

I know the Yanks have payroll north of 200, but 175 mil doesn't get you what it used to does it beantowners? :blush:

This thread has been dorment for too long.

Let's see.....

Split with the Yanks.... :cry:

Sweep Twins...... :angry:

2 of 3 from Phils.... :o

:blink: ............forget about the fire sale......... :bag:

Yanks continue domination of Twins. Wish we could play 'em 80 times a year :P

Oh, and what's with the Mutts? Take 2 of 3 from the real NY team, then lay the hammer on the Phillies? They juicing in that clubhouse or something?

Typical Metz. The ultimate tease. Now they'll go ahead and lose 9 of 12 to sub .500 teams.

Minus the Mariano debacle a week ago or so, the last time The Yanks lost to the Twins, Killebrew was batting cleanup and Kaat was bringing it. :angry:

Though I have to admit, I've always had a soft spot for the Twins. Not sure why......

• 1 month later...